Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nothing to see here, move swiftly along

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

https://www.thejournal.ie/ispca-seize-a-pony-tethered-to-electricity-pole-5024189-Feb2020/

Will the owner be prosecuted? Like f*ck. Thank you Enda Kenny for protecting a "vital culture" that treats animals disgracefully.

Strange they claim horses are such an important part of their culture ,yet treat them in such an abhorrent manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

a very sick culture nothing good about it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Racists!

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

If this thread actually stays open, I reckon we could link one of these animal cruelty incidents every single day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭MakingMovies2

Lads do you not get sick of posting the same bigoted ****e over and over and over again? Give it a rest for fecks sake

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Lads do you not get sick of posting the same bigoted ****e over and over and over again? Give it a rest for fecks sake

Sorry boss

It's our culture

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

is it still bigoted if its true? genuine question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭MakingMovies2

is it still bigoted if its true? genuine question

Well how do you know it belongs to travellers in the first place? You know what they say about assuming things..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Weren't they attacking each other with machetes at a funeral today?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Well how do you know it belongs to travellers in the first place? You know what they say about assuming things..
    no idea, my question was more general i suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

Anyone who owns a horse should demonstrate that they have stables to shelter the animal, land for the animal to graze and exercise and fodder to feed the animal. Anyone who does not have these facilities should not be allowed to keep horses. The same goes for dogs, cats, cows, sheep etc. Owners should demonstrate an ability to care for their animals. It isn't racist to insist on this it is simply humane.

Anything else is animal abuse and animal abuse is not a cultural trait we should tolerate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Saw a photo of the weapons the PSNI confiscated, most people bring a mass card to a funeral. Our cultured friends bring slash hooks, hatchets and a gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

nullzero wrote: »
    Racists!

Ok. Explain to us why not tolerating animal abuse is racist?

While you are at it can you explain why standing up against abuse of women and children (which is also widespread in certain "cultures") should be considered racist because certain lobby groups and apologists seem to think it is.

In my experience the most racist people in this argument are often the members of the "cultural minority" who automatically see a member of the majority as being a stereotypical bigot without ever getting to know them. Yes a tiny minority are bigots but the vast majority have genuine interest in preventing child abuse, abuse of women, high crime, animal abuse etc and are opposed to anyone who practices these regardless of race Creed or "culture".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,081 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

I see all the pins and takeaways took preemptive measures and closed down for the day. The public and are more likely to get prosecuted for racial profiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

We need to start locking up more people for animal cruelty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,015 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

pinkyeye wrote: »

Need an SPCA with powers to prosecute like the RSPCA have in the UK.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,826 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Saw a photo of the weapons the PSNI confiscated, most people bring a mass card to a funeral. Our cultured friends bring slash hooks, hatchets and a gun.

Additionally there was 3 containers of acid, a new low, even for them, see top of pic...

eryo_rjwoaal9hk-310x415.jpg

https://www.thejournal.ie/arrests-disturbance-strabane-funeral-5024445-Feb2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Additionally there was 3 containers of acid, a new low, even for them, see top of pic...

eryo_rjwoaal9hk-310x415.jpg

https://www.thejournal.ie/arrests-disturbance-strabane-funeral-5024445-Feb2020/

Weapons of mass destruction

Why are people presuming travellers owned this horse?
    Plenty of young people buy horses cheap & then don't look after then properly.
    How many horses can be seen on green areas of housing estates?
    Or, like u see in the country, people leaving their horses on other people's land.

It's disgusting BTW, whoever did it.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Why are people presuming travellers owned this horse?
    Plenty of young people buy horses cheap & then don't look after then properly.
    How many horses can be seen on green areas of housing estates?
    Or, like u see in the country, people leaving their horses on other people's land.

It's disgusting BTW, whoever did it.

It's blindingly obvious who did it, "pony found strapped to electricity pole without food, shelter or water." I wasn't born yesterday.

• Advertisement

It's blindingly obvious who did it, "pony found strapped to electricity pole without food, shelter or water." I wasn't born yesterday.

Really?
    You obviously don't live in Dublin then.
    Or where I'm from in the country! Plenty of horse abandoned everywhere.
    Terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Always some kernt will come in to defend the indefensible ....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Dead right. It was probably the Amish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

pinkyeye wrote: »

Do you think there's any chance of that when fine Gaels minister for agriculture was getting convicted animal abusers in her constituancy off the hook?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/heather-humphreys-intervened-in-animal-cruelty-case-krzzm2gsp

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Really?
    You obviously don't live in Dublin then.
    Or where I'm from in the country! Plenty of horse abandoned everywhere.
    Terrible

What ? what part of the county is there herds of abandoned horses roaming the land ?

no real part any way

mynamejeff wrote: »
    What ? what part of the county is there herds of abandoned horses roaming the land ?

no real part any way

Seriously?
    Lots of places in the country have horses abandoned!
    This is not a new phenomenon unfortunately. When the recession hit, there were hundreds of horses all over the country abandoned!

Seriously?
    Lots of places in the country have horses abandoned!
    This is not a new phenomenon unfortunately. When the recession hit, there were hundreds of horses all over the country abandoned!

no there were not

except for this sort of thing which was a problem before during and after the boom

https://wicklownews.net/2013/12/63-horses-put-down-after-ballyguile-seizure/

like these all belonging to one traveller family ?

Yes yes there was.
    Not my fault you didn't hear about it!

Edit,
    I can't really link too much on my phone but google abandoned horses recession, lots of newspaper articles about it.

• Advertisement

Yes yes there was.
    Not my fault you didn't hear about it!

so where outside of a few estates in Dublin are there lots of horses abandoned not by travellers ?

I have a interested in horses and in animal welfare and I d be interested to know,

are you thinking of greyhounds ? they are like little horses ?

Advertisement