Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bichon Puppy

• 27-02-2020 4:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a 6 month Bichon Frise pup and i am looking for help or views on a problem we have... The dog goes out every night and urinates no problem... Can stay out for 20 minutes plus and come in for bed time... After about 10 minutes we can hear him whining and when we go to him we find that he has pooed..... there is no issue during the day, even though we are both at work..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭AryaStark

Hi,

I have a 6 month Bichon Frise pup and i am looking for help or views on a problem we have... The dog goes out every night and urinates no problem... Can stay out for 20 minutes plus and come in for bed time... After about 10 minutes we can hear him whining and when we go to him we find that he has pooed..... there is no issue during the day, even though we are both at work..

Do you bring him out to go to the toilet or just put him out?

It might be an idea to bring him for an evening walk or stay outside with him and praise him when he does go. Get him used to the idea that you want him to toilet outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Jimmyireland

AryaStark wrote: »
    Do you bring him out to go to the toilet or just put him out?

It might be an idea to bring him for an evening walk or stay outside with him and praise him when he does go. Get him used to the idea that you want him to toilet outside.

I ahve done all that... Brought him for walks lasting 30 minutes, and brought him outside, sometimes spending 30 minutes outside with him....

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭AryaStark

6 months is very young... he is still learning and probably needs more time and training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Could it be anxiety? You could take him up with you at night to test and see what happens? I’d also suggest adding a cue right after he poos on walks etc and then you could try to encourage him when you take him out at night - assuming it’s not anxiety(!)

Advertisement