Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitor not present, asked to sign contracts for house?

Options
  • 27-02-2020 5:35pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just out of solicitors where I was asked by reception to sign all paperwork for a house sale.

Stunned isn’t the word. I was expecting him to be there.

There were multiple issues on the first page - Wrong name for my wife and a mortgage rate of 8%.

Suffice it say, not signing that.

Now I’m very concerned that due diligence hasn’t been followed for our sale. Looking for opinions on how to proceed.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Just out of solicitors where I was asked by reception to sign all paperwork for a house sale.

Stunned isn’t the word. I was expecting him to be there.

There were multiple issues on the first page - Wrong name for my wife and a mortgage rate of 8%.

Suffice it say, not signing that.

Now I’m very concerned that due diligence hasn’t been followed for our sale. Looking for opinions on how to proceed.

New solicitor or ask the current solicitor to clarify the issues.

What sort of document was it that you were signing? Strange that it mentioned a mortgage rate as most deeds of charge don't specify an interest rate. If this was the contracts for sale, it was probably the contract interest rate rather than the mortgage interest rate - which is a legal requirement if the monies aren't paid over by the closing date and is a fairly standard term.

Advertisement