Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinemas of City and County: Library exhibition

Options
  • 27-02-2020 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

Interesting little exhibition in the foyer of the City library, Grand Parade at the moment - old Cinemas of the City and County.

Worth a look if you like a trip down memory lane. Until March 13th.
    Corkonians certainly loved the cinema!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Interesting little exhibition in the foyer of the City library, Grand Parade at the moment - old Cinemas of the City and County.

Worth a look if you like a trip down memory lane. Until March 13th.
    Corkonians certainly loved the cinema!
    Good find,worth a trip to town

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Was in there on Saturday - very interesting! Lots of read, need to go back and spend more time there :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

leahyl wrote: »
    Was in there on Saturday - very interesting! Lots of read, need to go back and spend more time there :-)

Just what I thought too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

I remember when the Capitol closed down. Corkonians were on the verge of suicide. They set up a facepage and everything. "Save the Capitol" etc etc. Thousands of comments "Dis is so bad dey can't close dis it's an institution".

Well it would still be open if they kept going there instead shneaking off to Mahon / The Gate etc. I thought it was funny to witness as an outsider.

Advertisement