Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allow Excel changes by more than one user

Options
  • 27-02-2020 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

I have an Excel sheet in which I have gone to:

Review - Share Workbook - Editing Tab and ticked the box: "Allow changes by more than one user at the same time. This also allows workbook merging."

I have since made changes and allowed someone else to make changes.

If I now attempt to uncheck the same tick box, I get the following message (original message attached to this thread):

This action will remove the workbook from shared use. The change history will be erased, and other users who are editing this workbook will not be able to save their changes, even if you share this workbook again.

What exactly is meant by "The change history will be erased"? Does this mean that changes made by the other person will be "wiped"?

There is no-one else currently working on the sheet.

Also, will I be able to again in the future check the same tick box to again permit someone else to work on the same sheet at the same time?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

I imagine it just means the audit log of changes.

In the same way if you edit an Ms Word doc, you can see all the amendments made since it was created, or look at the final revision.

Advertisement