Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inside the K

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Looks good, about time people saw the goings on in Ireland today.

M

Bump, starting at 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Waiting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

This is good.

Left it so there now. I know there’s probably interesting subject matter but whatever way it’s done it’s coming across really boring and all over the shop.
    Pity, had been looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

It’s interesting but whatever way it’s produced it seems really disjointed. An ad break eight minutes in didn’t help either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

They should have got Channel 4 to come and make this. Virgin Media are very poor at this sort of thing. I remember the Irish football hooligan thing :rolleyes:

M

Switching from one crime to another and back again is making it a bit of a mess.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'm lost.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

State of yer man.

• Advertisement

It is a bit awkward to watch alright, hopping back and forth a fair bit.

That said, it demonstrates how, still, the guards are a soft touch. Every time they get confronted, especially by the chap behind the gate giving dogs abuse, nothing happens. At all. :rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Yer one, the neck of yiz.

M

Should have given him a pack of plasters off the shelf and told him to look after himself, ungrateful fecker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

I'm alternating between thinking Jesus how depressing is this and Jesus ban-gardai these days are hot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Why is the area called the K... the kip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭scotchy

K district I think.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

scotchy wrote: »
    K district I think.

I this just a naming scheme, as in... other areas are A,B,C etc..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

mloc123 wrote: »
    I this just a naming scheme, as in... other areas are A,B,C etc..?

oK :p

M

Body cams badly needed and then in court the judge can see why an agressive thug required a belt of a baton across the face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Just goes to show how reckless these "people" are. Shooting around a busy supermarket and then yer man giving out to the Guards. Father and son in hospital at the same time :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Wouldn't do their jobs for any money.
    The abuse alone....

They 100 percent deserve their free coffee from filling stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

And we have 24% of the population voting for a party whose members applauded a man known to have murdered a Guard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭10pennymixup

Samsgirl wrote: »
    The abuse alone....

Speaking of money, I somehow think that I might not have a problem paying a bit more tax if it meant resourcing and supporting these poor feckers properly.

How they can still do this job, facing these scum is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭10pennymixup

When is episode 2?

When is episode 2?

I presume next Wednesday at 9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

These fellas have some intense hatred for the Guards built up. Even when they are shot and the Guards are trying to help them they are still giving them abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Three letters. I’ll give you a hint, the first one is R and the last one is C. And a word - collusion.
    Anyway, not the place for politics, was just replying to another needless political post.

The latter so :rolleyes:

Three letters. I’ll give you a hint, the first one is R and the last one is C. And a word - collusion.
    Anyway, not the place for politics, was just replying to another needless political post.

Not the place for politics says the man spouting Sinn-Fein-IRA sectarian propaganda.

touts wrote: »
    Not the place for politics says the man spouting Sinn-Fein-IRA sectarian propaganda.

Now hold a second, why does your mate dragging the election into this get a free pass? They were the first ones to wade in with an unwarranted post, and that’s what triggered my response. Is it just because you agree with their politics?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

Now hold a second, why does your mate dragging the election into this get a free pass? They were the first ones to wade in with an unwarranted post, and that’s what triggered my response. Is it just because you agree with their politics?

Is it because you agree with SF members standing and applauding a garda killer?

No. I agree with him because his point was factually correct. Yours was baseless sectarian Sinn-Fein-IRA propaganda against a hard working decent man who also happens to be friendly with every senior lawyer in the country. I know whose side I feel safer on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

These fellas have some intense hatred for the Guards built up. Even when they are shot and the Guards are trying to help them they are still giving them abuse.

Add to that Gardaí brought his son back when his pulse was gone and he was dead at the scene, then the female abuses them. On another planet these wasters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Be right back

The abuse alone....

Agree with you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭JoeFritzl

And knackers are "ethical minority".

A glorified baby sitting service for the criminals of the country. I don't get why they can't start busting heads.

I'd say every Garda in the country that's getting up in the morning and rocking into their rural station in backass-of-nowhere leitrim, kerry, clare, etc. was having a good laugh watching that show tonight. Same wages, none of the hassle. Talk about winning the career lottery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Problem in this country is the legal system... continuous unlimited free legal aid for scum ... approved by hungry legal system/scum who give small sentences for scumbags which are in turn reduced to near nothing once sentence starts

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭purifol0

Pity none of the parties wanted to touch "justice" as an issue in the gen election. Peter Casey mentioned travellers criminality once in an hour long interview and next thing you know every Gard was gonna vote him number 1 for president.

We need more prison spaces and no more commutation of sentences for recidivist crims

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭JoeFritzl

A glorified baby sitting service for the criminals of the country. I don't get why they can't start busting heads.

I'd say every Garda in the country that's getting up in the morning and rocking into their rural station in backass-of-nowhere leitrim, kerry, clare, etc. was having a good laugh watching that show tonight. Same wages, none of the hassle. Talk about winning the career lottery.

If you're the only Garda in a garda station covering a large district, you probably won't be laughing when you spend most of your day filling out paperwork and doing menial labour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

purifol0 wrote: »
    Pity none of the parties wanted to touch "justice" as an issue in the gen election. Peter Casey mentioned travellers criminality once in an hour long interview and next thing you know every Gard was gonna vote him number 1 for president.

We need more prison spaces and no more commutation of sentences for recidivist crims

Don't be silly. We already have a party of Law and Order, FG. Just look at their achievements since 2011.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

JoeFritzl wrote: »
    If you're the only Garda in a garda station covering a large district, you probably won't be laughing when you spend most of your day filling out paperwork and doing menial labour.

That's still a lot better than getting the head pucked off you, or worse.

• Advertisement

The sentences that were handed out were awful. Was it 5 or 7 years for threatening to kill a guard, fire arms and resisting arrest?

And that utter scumbag telling the garda that they were going to end up like detective Adrian Donohue. They should have taken a trip to the mountains with that guy. Vile, disgusting waste of space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭KaneToad

The abuse alone....

This has been done to death on another thread but I couldn't disagree more.

Guards should not be taking freebies from local businesses. Its not ethical behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

purifol0 wrote: »

How's that working out in the States?

Serious respect for the Gardai from what I saw. My only complaint was a couple of clips where they seemed to be letting themselves get drawn into the bitching and moaning sessions by arguing with these lads. As grating as it must be, I'd expect a bit more professionalism and not letting themselves get provoked tbh.

LillySV wrote: »
    Problem in this country is the legal system... continuous unlimited free legal aid for scum ... approved by hungry legal system/scum who give small sentences for scumbags which are in turn reduced to near nothing once sentence starts

Exactly, if a criminal is found with firearms and cash then the criminal should not get free legal aid. The justice system needs to be brought up to 2020

KaneToad wrote: »
    This has been done to death on another thread but I couldn't disagree more.

Guards should not be taking freebies from local businesses. Its not ethical behaviour.

Actually free cuppa coffee for drivers I believe is an incentive in alot of garages for Road Safety. If you are going deprive the ppl that can protect your life over a cuppa coffee then your ethics are all wrong. Suppose it's their fault there's so much plastic in the ocean now cause of their coffee cups ffs

How's that working out in the States?

Serious respect for the Gardai from what I saw. My only complaint was a couple of clips where they seemed to be letting themselves get drawn into the bitching and moaning sessions by arguing with these lads. As grating as it must be, I'd expect a bit more professionalism and not letting themselves get provoked tbh.
    Couple of clips compared the everything some of those rats say to them everyday, I think they were very very professional. There's always a bigger context to a few seconds shown on tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Actually free cuppa coffee for drivers I believe is an incentive in alot of garages for Road Safety. If you are going deprive the ppl that can protect your life over a cuppa coffee then your ethics are all wrong. Suppose it's their fault there's so much plastic in the ocean now cause of their coffee cups ffs

Offering free coffee to all drivers is an excellent idea. Free coffees, just for guards, is not. It is not ethical for guards to accept free gifts from businesses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭Vic_08

KaneToad wrote: »
    Offering free coffee to all drivers is an excellent idea. Free coffees, just for guards, is not. It is not ethical for guards to accept free gifts from businesses.

We have feral scum shooting up a Lidl in the middle of the day and you are hand wringing about gardai having a free cappuccino? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

After yer man was shot in LIDL the others there go back to doing their shopping!

And the ungrateful c**t gives the Gardai dogs abuse when they are only trying to help him.

Neither him or his scumbag son would have been any loss if they did die, and the daughter had the manners of Vicki Polllard shouting at the emergency services when they were trying to save her oul lads life.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Just watching this now and the amount of tight shots that give you feck all view of what's actually going on, in briefing rooms, traffic stops etc. It seems more artistic focused than informative. The Guards themselves tell a good story though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement