Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inside the K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

delly wrote: »
    Just watching this now and the amount of tight shots that give you feck all view of what's actually going on, in briefing rooms, traffic stops etc. It seems more artistic focused than informative. The Guards themselves tell a good story though.

I hope that's a pisstake comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Great idea for a doc but that was a total mess.

Maybe we are a tad spoiled with UK docs.
    24 hours in police custody is excellent, also really thought the new BBC one murder 24/7 was fantastic.

Also that fecking arsehole in lidl, deserves zero help, total scumbag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

delly wrote: »
    Just watching this now and the amount of tight shots that give you feck all view of what's actually going on, in briefing rooms, traffic stops etc. It seems more artistic focused than informative. The Guards themselves tell a good story though.

Don't forget the drone shots..... someone in Virgin Media got a new toy and wanted to milk as much footage from it as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

These fellas have some intense hatred for the Guards built up. Even when they are shot and the Guards are trying to help them they are still giving them abuse.

You know this is well edited and one sided and your man is not going to complain broadcasting authority of ireland about it.

What really happened was not shown.

So much does not add up.

"shout up with all the questions" and only a few health questions were asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭Vic_08

After yer man was shot in LIDL the others there go back to doing their shopping!

It was obvious that it was human trash involved. I wouldn't have interrupted my shopping for him either, except to politely suggest to the guards they should do as he asked and f-off, leave him to bleed out so the rest of us have one less scummer to worry about while also paying a fortune in taxes to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Jeff2 wrote: »
    You know this is well edited and one sided and your man is not going to complain broadcasting authority of ireland about it.

What really happened was not shown.

So much does not add up.

"shout up with all the questions" and only a few health questions were asked.

You think what was shown was different from what "really" happened?

Man shot and wounded in an incident not too long after his son was shot and killed on a street nearby. Incident takes place in and around a supermarket. Wounded man is sitting upright and communicative, although in shock and clearly terrified (I would speculate that although he feels he needs help, more Guards around him are not what he thinks he needs at that moment). DFB ambulance arrives, paramedics patch man up for transport and take him away as the Guards establish a crime scene.

Other than that, what does your active imagination tell you "really" happened?

Don't forget the drone shots..... someone in Virgin Media got a new toy and wanted to milk as much footage from it as possible.

You mean the drone shots of a single Garda car pottering around with it's blues on, in slow motion. It's like watching a nervous driver doing their test.

Whoever does the drone work obviously isn't too comfortable flying over live traffic. :p Not a single other car on the road in the drone stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

KaneToad wrote: »
    Offering free coffee to all drivers is an excellent idea. Free coffees, just for guards, is not. It is not ethical for guards to accept free gifts from businesses.

It's not Ethical to pay Guards peanuts to protect our lives and our their lives at risk but you grumble over a coffee that garages, fuel stations & shops who mark up everything hugely to make a profit off their customers but that isn't ethical? Coffee is the least ethical issue we have in society. I respect your stance but I don't agree with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Just saw this last night, and was interesting.

I don't get how the ginger skanger was abusing the guard by calling him a f*gg*t and then saying he'd ride him just makes him to be the same as what he's accusing the guard of being.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

Stop! I was in hysterics at the irony of this
    murpho999 wrote: »

I don't get how the ginger skanger abusing the guard by calling him a f*gg*t and then saying he'd ride him just makes him to be the same as what he's accusing the guard of being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

I don't get how the ginger skanger was abusing the guard by calling him a f*gg*t and then saying he'd ride him just makes him to be the same as what he's accusing the guard of being.

"Only gay if you take it" was probably the attitude. Either that or he actually is as lacking in any intelligence as he appeared to be, on-screen.

"Only gay if you take it" was probably the attitude. Either that or he actually is as lacking in any intelligence as he appeared to be, on-screen.

Sounded like he was up for a bum session with the guard which makes him more gay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

In the Uk they would have had 10 cops pile in and pin him to the ground. In the states they'd have shot him. Too much leeway given to the likes of that scumbag and he thinks hes immune. These ordinary guards need to be off doing ordinary guard work. This district needs 30 ERU stationed there to go around knocking a few skulls and putting manners on these lads. They're all big hard men until the other side are fighting back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Paulzx

threeball wrote: »
    In the Uk they would have had 10 cops pile in and pin him to the ground. In the states they'd have shot him. Too much leeway given to the likes of that scumbag and he thinks hes immune. These ordinary guards need to be off doing ordinary guard work. This district needs 30 ERU stationed there to go around knocking a few skulls and putting manners on these lads. They're all big hard men until the other side are fighting back.

We've people up in arms beccause the coppers get a free cup of coffee.

Imagine what they'd be like if we actually let the cops deal with these scumbags. There wouldn't be a copper left with a job.

The poor scummers just need some anger management classes. The could probably fit them in between their first drug deal of the day and collecting their dole.

As for the Guards..... Lets just make sure they pay for their coffee so that society doesn't collapse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

This district needs 30 ERU stationed there to go around knocking a few skulls and putting manners on these lads. They're all big hard men until the other side are fighting back.

This was tried before in the 1970's when Fine Gael introduced the infamous 'Heavy Gang' to sort out scum like these. But instead,they chose to leave the cities and 'knocked skulls' of ordinary decent people like Joanne Hayes and her family in Abbeydorney for example, to show they were 'doing their job'
    Incidentally, the scum we are seeing now are the sons/grandsons of the scum the 'Heavy Gang' were set up to eradicate, but chose the soft option instead.
    Do you think our friend the Garda who was given a 12 month sentence today (suspended of course) for viciously assaulting an RTE cameraman would wield his baton like that at the scum we saw the other night.??
    Dream on. He would s**t his pants first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Green Peter

washman3 wrote: »
    This was tried before in the 1970's when Fine Gael introduced the infamous 'Heavy Gang' to sort out scum like these. But instead,they chose to leave the cities and 'knocked skulls' of ordinary decent people like Joanne Hayes and her family in Abbeydorney for example, to show they were 'doing their job'
    Incidentally, the scum we are seeing now are the sons/grandsons of the scum the 'Heavy Gang' were set up to eradicate, but chose the soft option instead.
    Do you think our friend the Garda who was given a 12 month sentence today (suspended of course) for viciously assaulting an RTE cameraman would wield his baton like that at the scum we saw the other night.??

I can picture you tough guy sitting at your keyboard in your underpants. You wouldn't lace that garda s boots and last a day in his job. Go on and change those jocks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭KaneToad

It's not Ethical to pay Guards peanuts to protect our lives and our their lives at risk but you grumble over a coffee that garages, fuel stations & shops who mark up everything hugely to make a profit off their customers but that isn't ethical? Coffee is the least ethical issue we have in society. I respect your stance but I don't agree with it.

Guards are not paid peanuts. They are very well remunerated for an entry level job that requires low minimum qualifications (5 D3s in Ordinary Leaving Cert). I realise a lot of entrants may have higher. They also only need to work for 30 years before being entitled to a full pension. They do not have a monopoly on working in stressful/challenging environments.

There is only one reason that businesses give freebies to guards. The guards should not accept these gifts. It is the thin edge of the wedge and unethical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

I can picture you tough guy sitting at your keyboard in your underpants. You wouldn't lace that garda s boots and last a day in his job. Go on and change those jocks!

And i doubt/know that he would'nt last an hour in my job. He would need to lose about 3 stone for a start and give up the cream buns and pizzas. In other words he would actually have to work. Seems he defines work as striking an innocent cameraman with a baton. deliberately to the groin area, and retreating rapidly into the safety of a group of Gardai. He would've been a perfect candidate for that group of scumbag bully boys that formed the infamous 'Heavy Gang' some decades back.
    An obnoxious thug that would'nt even offer a simple apology to the cameraman, tells us everything about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭KaneToad

And i doubt/know that he would'nt last an hour in my job. He would need to lose about 3 stone for a start and give up the cream buns and pizzas. In other words he would actually have to work. Seems he defines work as striking an innocent cameraman with a baton. deliberately to the groin area, and retreating rapidly into the safety of a group of Gardai. He would've been a perfect candidate for that group of scumbag bully boys that formed the infamous 'Heavy Gang' some decades back.
    An obnoxious thug that would'nt even offer a simple apology to the cameraman, tells us everything about him.

I think you may be jumping to conclusions about that guard. We don't know why he behaved as he did, he may have a myriad of misguided but understandable reasons... confusion, mistaken identity...

He behaved incorrectly and has been punished for it. A bit harsh to call him an obnoxious thug. Unless you know more about him than I do...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭Lmklad

KaneToad wrote: »
    Guards are not paid peanuts. They are very well remunerated for an entry level job that requires low minimum qualifications (5 D3s in Ordinary Leaving Cert). I realise a lot of entrants may have higher. They also only need to work for 30 years before being entitled to a full pension. They do not have a monopoly on working in stressful/challenging environments.

There is only one reason that businesses give freebies to guards. The guards should not accept these gifts. It is the thin edge of the wedge and unethical.

Sooo many generalisations there. The educational requirements to join are relatively low but also they have to pass written entrance exams, interviews and fitness tests. They earn a degree during training, so that’s your 5Ds gone, as they are degree level graduates. Since 2002 they must work till 56 AND have a minimum 30yrs service, so join at 20 and do 36. They must pay the equivalent of 40yrs pensions contributions in that 30yr service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

Stupid post. The ERU are already kicking in doors in Drogheda and other regions. They're exceptionally highly trained and motivated, we just don't have enough of them. You currently have units travelling from the west and south to deal with gangland in the east. Any eejit knows that isn't a sustainable method. Put the resources and teams in place and let the teams in other parts of the country deal with rural crime and drugs in their region. If the ERU landed on your door I'd say there'd only be one lad sh1tting his pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Lmklad wrote: »
    They must pay the equivalent of 40yrs pensions contributions in that 30yr service.
    Can you expand on this please?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

It’s interesting but whatever way it’s produced it seems really disjointed. An ad break eight minutes in didn’t help either.

It was certainly a little jarring in how it was put together. Enjoyed it overall, certainly a world away from the hyper-sanitised Traffic Blues from some years back.
    The sentences that were handed out were awful. Was it 5 or 7 years for threatening to kill a guard, fire arms and resisting arrest?

I think one sentence was only 2 years as well. Utterly abysmal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

What’s your job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

If I were Garda Lucey I wouldn't be apologising either if I felt I hadn't done anything wrong.

Stupid cameraman put himself DIRECTLY in harm's way when the volatility of the situation was obvious. Those Guards were trying to protect ordinary people and property that day from a fast moving and unpredictable pattern of trouble. Bloody cameraman looking for a bit of glory in the canteen. Yes, its the role of the media to document events, but its also their responsibility to protect themselves and not inflame or obstruct and that fool was doing both.

One belt near the stones and he "worries about everything now". Get ta f***. All that impact statement was designed to do was to maximise the sentence on the Guard.

Friends of mine in the Guards tell me loads of them are handing back their public order kit and withdrawing from the list of volunteers who respond to emergencies and who can blame them. All this case did was make the public and private property less safe in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Really looking forward to tonight's episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I was over in Poland a few years ago, I'd like to have seen that inbreed mouthing off at the cops there.

The Sargent has a great way about her. She seems so chilled about everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Great day for the Parish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If I was young again and a Garda I’d probably be sacked.
    I just couldn’t take that guff and not react.
    Some people should not be allowed have children.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭quodec

Sobering viewing indeed tonight. I would HATE to have a son or daughter thinking of joining the GS after watching some of those scenes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

I was over in Poland a few years ago, I'd like to have seen that inbreed mouthing off at the cops there.

Seen the same in Spain a few years back .. a young Irish lad was abusing local cop, probably used to doing it back at home ... a swift clatter of the baton across the back of the the legs shut him up fairly quick.. the look of shock on his face was something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

harr wrote: »
    Seen the same in Spain a few years back .. a young Irish lad was abusing local cop, probably used to doing it back at home ... a swift clatter of the baton across the back of the the legs shut him up fairly quick.. the look of shock on his face was something else.

Here the Garda would be sacked for that.

I pity any decent folks having to live near this scum. Don't envy the Gardaí in their job.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

People will always want drugs so there will always be a market for these guys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Brilliant episode tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Don’t envy their job

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

More cohesive episode tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

The injustice system in this country has the entire place like a kip.

What are judges doing exactly in the courts, I will tell you what, absolutely NOTHING.

It was said in the program, why would you care if the only bit of resistance you get is the Garda and sure you can abuse the absolute ****é out of them.

I feel for the decent folk of the K district, imagine living in that fear and intimidation on a daily basis.

• Advertisement

Why did the Gardai agree to do this show? It doesn't instill confidence at all. They carry out their raids and such but they seem to be practically afraid of, or friends with, the scummers.

Have yet to see a scene where a Garda puts manners on someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

Why did the Gardai agree to do this show? It doesn't instill confidence at all. They carry out their raids and such but they seem to be practically afraid of, or friends with, the scummers.

Have yet to see a scene where a Garda puts manners on someone.

Unfortunately its not Russia whare they wouldn't even look sideways at the police.

The legal system here is stacked in favour of the criminals, free legal aid, soft touch judges etc.

Have to laugh at the Tonight Show. Did they just watch what I just watched?

Interventions and cotton wool job.

Sorry but there are some people beyond help and literally in control of the communities and no matter what 'interventions' you try, won't work. It's simple, really and truely, these people beyond help need to be removed and imprisoned for a substantial time.

Imagine if you 'engaged' with services on that street, you'd be burnt out of your house

technocrat wrote: »
    Unfortunately its not Russia whare they wouldn't even look sideways at the police.

The legal system here is stacked in favour of the criminals, free legal aid, soft touch judges etc.

Oh I know, but I mean... I just don't get who in AGS thought it would be a good idea?

Unless they're aware how hopeless they look and they're hoping for some public outrage to get them some extra powers so they can actually go in and start doing a proper job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

They messed up where they mentioned an address and then two mins later tried to censor it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

TallGlass2 wrote: »

Sorry but there are some people beyond help and literally in control of the communities and no matter what 'interventions' you try, won't work. It's simple, really and truely, these people beyond help need to be removed and imprisoned for a substantial time.

Imagine if you 'engaged' with services on that street, you'd be burnt out of your house

+1

Politicans defending them and looking for more investment in 'community resources' to tackle the problem.

As if they could be bribed with a few football pitches and pool tables LOL!

These are hardened criminals that need to be dealt with using the full force of the law, ERU arrests etc.

• Advertisement

TallGlass2 wrote: »

The Garda made a good point in the show about people buy a few lines for the week end being part of the problem. Jail and a record maybe not the answer for those but your name in the paper, a hefty fine might and maybe show them the program from tonight and have them see for themselves the misery they are contributing to. Shouldn't be allowed pony up just a few hundred for the poor box in court.

This weeks episode was better than the first I think. I say that's just the tip of the iceberg in terms of abuse.

Did one guard get bitten by a prisoner?

This weeks episode was better than the first I think. I say that's just the tip of the iceberg in terms of abuse.

Did one guard get bitten by a prisoner?

Yeah just below the hip from what I could see. Guy was off his face.

The Garda made a good point in the show about people buy a few lines for the week end being part of the problem. Jail and a record maybe not the answer for those but your name in the paper, a hefty fine might and maybe show them the program from tonight and have them see for themselves the misery they are contributing to. Shouldn't be allowed pony up just a few hundred for the poor box in court.

And that's just the local issues, imagine the absolute blood bath situation they are contributing international in places like Mexico.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

A grenade quietly dropped in that garden with all those vermin would wonderful...that or a shoot to kill policy for these animals

• Advertisement
Advertisement