Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mail, Outlook and gmail account problems

Options
  • 28-02-2020 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

This may not be the correct forum for this query but hopefully someone can help or point me in the right direction.

I use the default Mail in Windows 10. I have a gmail account but thought it would be a good idea to set up an outlook account as I use mainly Wndows.
    Now when I send an email from Mail it shows it os going from my gmail account but to the receiver it appears as from XXXXXXXXXX@outlook.com. XXXXXXXXX is a string of letters and numbers and no way relate to my name.
    I have gone into Outlook.com and can see this account which is shows is linked to my proper gmail account.
    Id there anyway I can change the XXXXXXXXX@outlook.com to my name@outlook.com/ I can find very little help in either Microsoft or Outlook help or in Googling a query either?

Thanks for reading

Comments

Advertisement