If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting a sub

Options
  • 28-02-2020 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

Hi. I'm going to be connecting my new Denon receiver up at the weekend and I've a couple of questions about connecting my Monitor Audio VW8 sub. On my old receiver (Yamaha rx-v 667) I had a single RCA from the sub-out to the right input on the back of the VW8, is there any benefit  running a single RCA to L/R cable instead (I do have a few of these "Y" cables lying around, or am I better just connecting the way I had it?....thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

kingaaa wrote: »
    Hi. I'm going to be connecting my new Denon receiver up at the weekend and I've a couple of questions about connecting my Monitor Audio VW8 sub. On my old receiver (Yamaha rx-v 667) I had a single RCA from the sub-out to the right input on the back of the VW8, is there any benefit  running a single RCA to L/R cable instead (I do have a few of these "Y" cables lying around, or am I better just connecting the way I had it?....thanks
    Hi Kingaaa.

Just sticking with the single should be grand.

However it will do no harm at all to try out the Y cable and see if you notice any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Hi Kingaaa.

However it will do no harm at all to try out the Y cable and see if you notice any difference.
    Thanks Kenny, been seven years since I hooked it up, memory is fading with old age !!!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Kingaaa.

Thanks Kenny, been seven years since I hooked it up, memory is fading with old age !!!
    Its no problem at all Kingaaa.

You should give each cable a try and if possible let me know if you thought there was any difference :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.