Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance companies database for policies

• 28-02-2020 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi, I could not find information about this. Do car insurance companies are able to access insurance policy from different brokers or insurance companies. I presume they should have database to share information. I'm asking this as I can't get my claims free driving experience certificate as named driver from previous insurer.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Simple answer is no. You will need a copy of your no-claims document from your previous insurer.
    Is there a reason why they're not giving it to you?
    Is it because you're not the policyholder (in which case can they ask)?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭BaguMka

Yeah I cant get it as I'm not policy holder. I don't understand how do they validate no claim bonus and named driver certificates if they dont have access to other brokers database ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭con747

BaguMka wrote: »
    Hi, I could not find information about this. Do car insurance companies are able to access insurance policy from different brokers or insurance companies. I presume they should have database to share information. I'm asking this as I can't get my claims free driving experience certificate as named driver from previous insurer.

Thanks

The actual policy holder you were named driver on their policy is the only one who can request the no claims certificate as it is on their policy not yours. As far as I know some insurance companies share information but it is not standard practice as far as I know.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭shanec1928

just ask the policy holder to get a letter off the insurance company stating that you were on the policy for x amount of time and had no claims for the policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Yeah I cant get it as I'm not policy holder. I don't understand how do they validate no claim bonus and named driver certificates if they dont have access to other brokers database ??

Been a while since I looked at my no claims bonus document but I remember there being an identification code printed on it that said it was for other insurers to verify the validity of the no claim history

• Advertisement

shanec1928 wrote: »
    just ask the policy holder to get a letter off the insurance company stating that you were on the policy for x amount of time and had no claims for the policy.

I simply can't do it as policy holder is not available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭shanec1928

I simply can't do it as policy holder is not available
    well your out of luck then

CSSE09 wrote: »
    Been a while since I looked at my no claims bonus document but I remember there being an identification code printed on it that said it was for other insurers to verify the validity of the no claim history

Well I believe there are still many companies that don't give that identification code. As far as I remember there is some new system that allows insurance companies to access other brokers database...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭con747

Well I believe there are still many companies that don't give that identification code. As far as I remember there is some new system that allows insurance companies to access other brokers database...?

I said earlier that some insurers do share information but not all do. As far as you getting the no claims cert of another driver it will not happen due to data protection laws.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Advertisement