Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mondays in dublin!

Options
  • 28-02-2020 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

Looking for recommendations please. I'm arriving in dublin city Monday morning,going to whelans Monday night with the girls. Is there daytime live music anywhere with a good lively atmosphere please. Also anywhere that does good pub grub? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Only place you'll probably get daytime live music would be Temple Bar on a Monday be prepared to pay €7.50+ for a pint.

The Quays pub in Temple Bar has nice pub grub, loads of other places like Bunsen, Bison, etc... who do nice food if you don't want the standard type pub grub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Only place you'll probably get daytime live music would be Temple Bar on a Monday be prepared to pay €7.50+ for a pint.

The Quays pub in Temple Bar has nice pub grub, loads of other places like Bunsen, Bison, etc... who do nice food if you don't want the standard type pub grub.

I was in the Quays bar a couple of weeks ago and was paying nowhere near €7.50 a pint

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

The Cobblestone in Smithfield (15min walk from centre of town) have afternoon sessions on a Monday. It's like a Temple Bar pub but not in Temple Bar, and with out the high prices. Won't be too busy either. You'll get food in any number of places on Smithfield Square also, so not a bad place to spend the afternoon. Lighthouse Cinema is right there too if you fancy a film!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I was in the Quays bar a couple of weeks ago and was paying nowhere near €7.50 a pint

Apologies, I meant the Temple Bar pub itself then the likes of Oliver St. G, Norseman, etc.. you'll pay €7.50 a pint.

Advertisement