Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IKEA Delivery to Donegal

• 28-02-2020 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering has anyone on here ever got furnature delivered from Ikea either in Belfast or Dublin?

Delivery to Donegal seems to be an option on their website but just would like reviews if its worth it? Trying to avoid going down the renting a van route.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,431 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

had a load of shelving units delivered a couple of years ago. i think it arrived on a saturday morning.

it was fairly expensive 60 -100 euro if i remember so you have factor that into the cost of what your're buying.

it was fine and they carried the boxes upstairs - it was about 10 narrow glass fronted shelving units nad severel half height ones.

but it wouldnt have fit in either of our cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭lc180

Thanks for the reply! Did you buy your items in Belfast or Dublin?

Belfast is obviously handier but I'm not sure if they deliver to Donegal as its in the republic.

it was my Other half, and i think she bought it online, because she knew exactly what she wanted but it was form the dublin store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭Pistachio19

I got a couple of storage presses delivered from Dublin to Sligo. It cost about €75 for delivery which, with the cost of the presses, was less than buying similar items locally. They delivered on a Sunday which was unusual. I was given an initial ETA, then got updates to say they would be earlier. I could track them to see the general area they were delivering to before me, so I knew they were nearby. I'd definitely order from them again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,751 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

@OP

PM sent

• Advertisement

I got a couple of storage presses delivered from Dublin to Sligo. It cost about €75 for delivery which, with the cost of the presses, was less than buying similar items locally. They delivered on a Sunday which was unusual. I was given an initial ETA, then got updates to say they would be earlier. I could track them to see the general area they were delivering to before me, so I knew they were nearby. I'd definitely order from them again.

now you mention it, it was a sunday as they said first thing sunday (we arent normally in sunday mornings) but then it was delayed to about 3pm so we managed to get the delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

If you go onto the Buy & Sell pages for Donegal there are a few people who do Ikea runs every week or two and will probably be much cheaper than paying ikea for delivery which is extortionate for this part of the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭lc180

Thanks folks, lots of good info here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Yeah there is definatly a fella from Letterkenny does runs to Ikea in Belfast he advertises in on facebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭water-man

My experience from a few years ago was - if collecting yourself you get what is in store today. Therefore you might have to go back more than once to get everything. If you order and they are delivering you get it all in one go. Advise you to call up IKEA and double check before asking someone to go collect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

water-man wrote: »
    My experience from a few years ago was - if collecting yourself you get what is in store today. Therefore you might have to go back more than once to get everything. If you order and they are delivering you get it all in one go. Advise you to call up IKEA and double check before asking someone to go collect.

You could probably order what you want online before you go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭water-man

lulu1 wrote: »
    You could probably order what you want online before you go

As I said double check with IKEA as my experience was a good few years ago now.

I was looking for a complete kitchen order (appliances, work tops, everything) perhaps other parts of the store are operated differently.

WM

Advertisement