Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Phone number gone forever?

Options
  • 28-02-2020 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Looking for information on whether you can have a mobile number restored if it has been inactive for a short time. The background is I switched from Vodafone to Gomo late in 2019 but I had a difficult time getting Vodafone to request an unlock code from the manufacturer. After 5 months I managed to get an unlock code. In the meantime I had switched to gomo but could not use the service after I ported my number as my phone was still unlocked. I decided to cancel gomo until I resolved the unlock issues. I contacted gomo this week asking if I could create a new account and have my old number put on the service and was told my number is gone as it was not moved to another provider after I cancelled the gomo service in December. is this normal when you cancel a contract with a phone provider; should you lose your number forever. The customer service in the mobile industry leaves a lot to be desired.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Write a formal email of complaint to gomo at complaints@gomo.ie. if after 10 working days your complaint is not resolved ring comreg, they are very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

Write a formal email of complaint to gomo at complaints@gomo.ie. if after 10 working days your complaint is not resolved ring comreg, they are very helpful.

Thanks..ill look for the comreg number now then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

it is normal that if you cancel your account with your active number that you lose it. If you wanted to keep it you should have ported not cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

I learned through comreg that it is common practice not to reissue a number for 1 to 2 years, so it should be still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Yeah this is correct. Numbers are not reissued for at least one year. This goes for both mobiles and landlines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yeah this is correct. Numbers are not reissued for at least one year. This goes for both mobiles and landlines.

They're not reissued but I dont think theres any onus on the holding MNO to reissue upon request.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭stickman1019

Had this rectory with GOMO and Eir.

For Eir they were able to reinstate my number as the cancellation was within a few weeks approx 8.

Not an easy process by any means good luck

Advertisement