Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to Electric Ireland Gas Direct Debit (PAYG meter removal charges)

Options
  • 28-02-2020 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
      I'm currently in the process of switching to Electric Ireland Gas Direct Debit due to medical reasons I find it extremely difficult accessing the meter to top it up, I always have to rely on others to top up the meter for me. This is no longer possible so i decided to switch to Direct Debit.

I've now informed that I will have to pay €199.13 to get the Gas PAYG meter removed. Is there anyway to get this charge reduced or waived as I cannot afford to pay it, or will I just have to stay with my current supplier.

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi rf_anon29,

Thanks for your interest in Electric Ireland.

This PAYG gas meter removal charge is the same for all billing companies, as it is a Gas Networks Ireland fee - the work is carried out by them.

We recommend putting your query to Electric Ireland Credit Control on 1850 504 021.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rf_anon29

Thank you for the fast response and information Una.

I will contact that Phone number ASAP.

Regards

rf_anon29

Advertisement