Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snake bites man.

Options

Comments

Darwin Award for the lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,354 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Darwin Award for the lad.

He's not dead, yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

He's not dead, yet.

he is now ,

that's got to be one of the least likely ways to die in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Sounds like a terrible superhero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭deathbomber

mynamejeff wrote: »
    he is now ,

Are you taking the piss or did he die? Bit mad keeping that snake without anti venom in storage for a just in case moment! His in big trouble, apparently a really nasty potent venom. Good luck to him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Totally illegal.

This moron should be held liable for all associated healthcare costs and then prosecuted.

he is now ,

As of 1 hour ago, he's reported as still alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Has to be brought in from the UK. Not good

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

he is now ,

I think it may actually be the first of its kind in this country?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Totally illegal.

This moron should be held liable for all associated healthcare costs and then prosecuted.

The anti venom for this snake is in short supply worldwide. So this plank is taking medication from parts of the world where the snake naturally lives and where attacks are more likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Red next to black, jump the **** back. Red next to yella, cuddly fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

The patient, who is being treated in hospital, is thought to have been bitten by a privately-kept snake./QUOTE]

Doesn't say he owns the snake to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The most surprising thing in that story is that we appear to have a National Reptile Zoo. Never heard of it until now.

Alun wrote: »
    The most surprising thing in that story is that we appear to have a National Reptile Zoo. Never heard of it until now.

It's in Kilkenny. It's pretty cool. My kids loved it.
    They got to handle lizards and a small boa constrictor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Sounds like a terrible superhero

Could be a great drinking buddy

Here’s to a not so positive outcome for the importer of this poisonous reptile. Or anyone who seeks to do likewise, we’ve enough snakes in the grass as it is

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Totally illegal.

It ain't, Ireland has no laws restricting the sale and ownership of venomous wildlife. Crazy but true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

he is now ,
    Where did you read he died? I haven't seen anything to support the claim
    Totally illegal.

There is nothing illegal about keeping any animal in Ireland. And what exactly should he be prosecuted for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

There is nothing illegal about keeping any animal in Ireland. And what exactly should he be prosecuted for?
    He should be fined if he lives for wasting everyone's time importing anti-venom. The Brits would be right to refuse with Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

vriesmays wrote: »
    He should be fined if he lives for wasting everyone's time importing anti-venom. The Brits would be right to refuse with Brexit.

Surely if he lives, then he wasn’t wasting anyone’s time... because, you know - he’s alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,673 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I taught this was about a half n half Bulmers and Harp in the old days.

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement

I taught this was about a half n half Bulmers and Harp in the old days.

Add Scrumpy Jack for Shark Bite

Where did you read he died? I haven't seen anything to support the claim

My mistake. I forgot we lived in the most retarded country in Europe.

Bambi wrote: »
    It ain't, Ireland has no laws restricting the sale and ownership of venomous wildlife. Crazy but true

There should be, esp for dangerous and invasive species, legal system here is anything between 20-100 years behind everyone else.

There should be, esp for dangerous and invasive species, legal system here is anything between 20-100 years behind everyone else.

There is an eu law banning certain invasive animals and plants. Such as red eared sliders and yellow belly terrapins
    The Irish herpetological society has been calling for legislation similar to the DWAA in the UK since they where founded 15 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Wheres St.Patrick when you need him?

I thought that the anti-venoms are created by milking the venom of snakes? Mind you I wouldnt fancy milking a snake that had already bitten someone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

At least snakes don't pretend to be nice like humans do, they don't wrap themselves in a velvet glove like rancid humans do to appear sweet and caring to inflate their ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Hence Twink.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Under no circumstances should such an animal be allowed to be kept as a pet. I'm genuinely staggered that this isn't illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

At least snakes don't pretend to be nice like humans do, they don't wrap themselves in a velvet glove like rancid humans do to appear sweet and caring to inflate their ego.

fukkin snakes, don't mind dem hun, PM me xxxx

• Advertisement

Under no circumstances should such an animal be allowed to be kept as a pet. I'm genuinely staggered that this isn't illegal.

What about other dangerous hobbies??
    Driving high powered sports bikes? Sky diving? Shooting? Smoking? Boxing/mma?
    Should they not be "allowed"?

Advertisement