Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaners Protesting Outside Ardkeen

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

debok wrote: »
    Jaysus that's some spew of horrible comments.
    Hate to have that hatred towards a group of people I dont kniw. He's the op and didn't know who the group were at the start but few comments later he's seems to know exactly the type of people they are. Best ignored

Yeah he sounds like a really nasty person just best to be ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

Were not really anonymous on here when you have people going through your old posts,digging for dirt,and trying to find out who you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Motivator

Yeah he sounds like a really nasty person just best to be ignored.

In almost 37 years on this earth that’s the first time I’ve been referred to as nasty. I have an opinion and I’m entitled to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭spookwoman

You really need to read back over the posts, some of them have been edited now as they called the cleaners a lot worse, so yes i am defending someone and other people i know out there, that are being accused of spitting at people, throwing bricks at cars etc. i doubt watching Corrie is in the contract either and i have no doubt it does go on with a few individuals, so a couple of per cent gives people the right to ridicule the other 98%, i don't think so.
    and as I don't work there i hardly can show you a copy of a work contract.

And you have the nerve to tell me
    And you also do not know what you are talking about
    when you don't even work there! Have you actually seen the contract or you again reciting what someone else told you.
    What I am reading is people telling what they have seen/experienced in the hospital over time regarding the cleaning staff and what they have experienced with the picket. Why would someone just say these things if it didn't happen? Again if you are not there on the picket line how do you know people are not getting intimidated?
    You claim it's all hearsay and yet everything you are saying is hearsay as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Come on folks, lets keep the personal comments out of this. Skepticism about the content of a post can be indicated without attacking the poster personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dlnv27

I have been on picket every day since the start of the dispute. If anyone would like to pm me, details of what gate/day/time they were abused, saw people turned away, car damaged or any threatening behaviour, I'm sure our strike committee would deal with these complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭azimuth17

dlnv27 wrote: »
    I have been on picket every day since the start of the dispute. If anyone would like to pm me, details of what gate/day/time they were abused, saw people turned away, car damaged or any threatening behaviour, I'm sure our strike committee would deal with these complaints.

I am sure (?) that you have no intention of trying to close the hospital through all out strike. If that is the case then you are seeking to bring attention to your issues. That could be done by only picketing the main entrance and letting the other entrances free for people to come and go. It would be nice to know what plans your committee or union have to call off the protest now that Coronavirus has been found in Ireland?

I have no connection with the hospital or with any political or other organisation for the record.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

spookwoman wrote: »
    And you have the nerve to tell me when you don't even work there! Have you actually seen the contract or you again reciting what someone else told you.
    What I am reading is people telling what they have seen/experienced in the hospital over time regarding the cleaning staff and what they have experienced with the picket. Why would someone just say these things if it didn't happen? Again if you are not there on the picket line how do you know people are not getting intimidated?
    You claim it's all hearsay and yet everything you are saying is hearsay as well.

Its not hearsay that posters on here have called people scum and worse, i don't see you pulling posters up on that?

From the little that i know, Momentum are pushing to break the cleaners union in the hospital and continue to bring in outside labour at minimum rates to carry out more duties. People working out in the hospital are possibly going to lose their jobs over this over the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

Jesus lad will you get a life, Sunday afternoon and your on this, looking through peoples history trying to find out who they are.Not my fault if they lose there jobs i did not make them go out on strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dlnv27

Still waiting for any of the people who have been spat at, refused entrance to hospital, called name or have damage done to their car to pm me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

dlnv27 wrote: »
    Still waiting for any of the people who have been spat at, refused entrance to hospital, called name or have damage done to their car to pm me

This is boards not Facebook. anyone on here spouting said they heard this, were told that etc? Your going mad because a few anonymous people trolled you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Micky Bluenips

Motivator wrote: »
    In almost 37 years on this earth that’s the first time I’ve been referred to as nasty. I have an opinion and I’m entitled to that.

Everyone has an opinion and you are entitled to it but you started the thread asking who were this group and two messages later you were calling them all sorts. Kinda looks like you started the thread to get out little frustration from a grudge you have for some person or people you know involved in strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Spoken like a true floor cleaner.
    Not a very nice thing to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Im surprised by that,maybe people haven't said it to your face but if you carry on in real life like you do here then they probably say it behind your back.

Yes you are entitled to your opinion like everyone else,but these aren't opinions.

These are disrespectful and nasty,i doubt very much you would say it to anyone on the picket line in person,a lost easier to hide behind a username on anonymous forum.
    Originally Posted by Motivator
    That is shocking but not very surprising. The hygiene in Ardkeen has been appalling for years now and the personal hygiene of some of the cleaning staff leaves a lot to be desired. I had a brief stay as a patient a number of years ago and the cleaner used the same rag to clean the windows, the sink, taps and then the trays on each of the beds in the ward.
    didn’t know the exact reason why they were protesting this week but if it’s for the reasons you stated above then that it absolutely outrageous. They are not HSE staff, they’re bottom of the pile so why not sack them all and bring in people who will actually do the job they are being paid to do?
    I was in the hospital this afternoon and on the way in I passed an angry group of people protesting about their pay. I understand these people are meant to be the cleaners in the hospital? My word, some of these people look as if they can’t clean themselves never mind a public hospital. What exactly are they complaining about? I was speaking to a hospital employee who said it got very heated because someone had said to the group that if they did a proper job cleaning then they’d get a proper wage.
    Funnily enough I heard this morning that a brick was thrown at a car/van out there the other day. Sack all of them, wasters.
    Spoken like a true floor cleaner.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

OK despite warnings this thread has vecome a car crash. Closing it tonight for review

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement