Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consent (Sexual)

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭creditcarder

Feisar wrote: »
    IMHO:

Incels - lads who can't get the ride and get all bitter and twisted about it

Involuntary Celibate - lads who can't get the ride

I dunno, I do feel bad for the guys. Western society seems to be very pro female sexuality (even the negativities tbh) and very anti male sexuality. We have a rising fear of falsse accusations, and in twenties men are less attractive than women.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,385 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I dunno, I do feel bad for the guys. Western society seems to be very pro female sexuality (even the negativities tbh) and very anti male sexuality. We have a rising fear of falsse accusations, and in twenties men are less attractive than women.

Western society is very Pro male sexuality. Whether it's in media or in friendship groups, men who can get the ride easily are generally seen very positively in terms of that trait. But that's not the problem with the incels. Their problem is that they can't get the ride and that's viewed negatively.

But be serious, sexually active men are not viewed negatively in western society. The incels are viewed negatively in part specifically because they can't get women. I know some people have a really strong impulse to say everyone is against men and make sexuality is seen negatively, but it's a fairly ridiculous position to hold.

On balance, male sexuality is seen very positively.

Western society is very Pro male sexuality. Whether it's in media or in friendship groups, men who can get the ride easily are generally seen very positively in terms of that trait. But that's not the problem with the incels. Their problem is that they can't get the ride and that's viewed negatively.

But be serious, sexually active men are not viewed negatively in western society. The incels are viewed negatively in part specifically because they can't get women. I know some people have a really strong impulse to say everyone is against men and make sexuality is seen negatively, but it's a fairly ridiculous position to hold.

On balance, male sexuality is seen very positively.

Absolutely wrong tbh. Sure, men getting a lot of women CAN be viewed positively (I have haerd people look down on it tbh)but that is more because it is percieved as more difficult rather than better per se. And, in the current times, he would most probably be seen as taking advantage or some bull****.

Honestly, most of your points have some good pints but this is wrong. We are constantly being told how male sexuality is wrong and leads to crime, how we need to regulate male sexuality and so on and so forth.

As an example, how do you think a man reading 50 shades of grey around children would be seen?

Absolutely wrong tbh. Sure, men getting a lot of women CAN be viewed positively (I have haerd people look down on it tbh)but that is more because it is percieved as more difficult rather than better per se. And, in the current times, he would most probably be seen as taking advantage or some bull****.

Honestly, most of your points have some good pints but this is wrong. We are constantly being told how male sexuality is wrong and leads to crime, how we need to regulate male sexuality and so on and so forth.

As an example, how do you think a man reading 50 shades of grey around children would be seen?

Completely disagree. A men getting a lot of women is viewed positively even if you have heard some people "look down" on it. The notion of a male slut doesn't exist as a pejorative in our culture. The notion that a man getting a lot if women is looked down on, on balance is just wrong. It isn't.

The precise reason incels are looked down on is because they can't attract any women. This isn't a controversial topic. But you can find places in the Internet to discuss it if you look for them. But in real life, this stuff doesn't really come up. It's just not controversial in real life.

The best thing you could say for your argument is that male sexuality is viewed very positively on balance but it isn't viewed exclusively positively by all people at all times. But, what is viewed that positively?

Completely disagree. A men getting a lot of women is viewed positively even if you have heard some people "look down" on it. The notion of a male slut doesn't exist as a pejorative in our culture. The notion that a man getting a lot if women is looked down on, on balance is just wrong. It isn't.

The precise reason incels are looked down on is because they can't attract any women. This isn't a controversial topic. But you can find places in the Internet to discuss it if you look for them. But in real life, this stuff doesn't really come up. It's just not controversial in real life.

The best thing you could say for your argument is that male sexuality is viewed very positively on balance but it isn't viewed exclusively positively by all people at all times. But, what is viewed that positively?

You ignored most of my point tbh.

• Advertisement

Man, the incel thing is tricky. You can see how someone who is 'not there'(delusional/schizo?) was twisted by it in Toronto,but you really can't be demonising men who can't get laid as it kind of fits into sexist beliefs (eg men without sex go crazy)

You can search the video online, but it's really hard not to see that dude as scum.

Edit: curious about his hand posture in his lap btw. Christ, that guy really is two steps short of being a rapist tbh. I'll link the video.

Edit: Sorry for the late edit, but that man really is scum tbh. I kind of see why people want to limit the bull**** of this stuff tbh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGFWovUuWak&feature=youtu.be

You ignored most of my point tbh.

Well, yeah I ignored the question about a bloke reading erotic fiction around children because I think people reading erotica fiction in public is a strange convention - but it happens.

I did address some of your points and you ignored everything I said. So have a go at responding to the post.

Well, yeah I ignored the question about a bloke reading erotic fiction around children because I think people reading erotica fiction in public is a strange convention - but it happens.

I did address some of your points and you ignored everything I said. So have a go at responding to the post.

Oh relax. The point you made is a hard one to tackle tbh. Let's break it down to a few different reasons why.

1) It's a numbers game. A male slut would sleep with a certain amount of women but it could be less than a female slut.

2) Women are held to a higher standard than men.

3) Male sexuality is seen as dirty and a woman is dirtying herself.

For full disclosure, I don't really care about the fact that you said too much. Sure, a woman could be called a slut, but a man could be called a potential rapist/pedo whish is worse imo.

Oh relax. The point you made is a hard one to tackle tbh. Let's break it down to a few different reasons why.

1) It's a numbers game. A male slut would sleep with a certain amount of women but it could be less than a female slut.

2) Women are held to a higher standard than men.

3) Male sexuality is seen as dirty and a woman is dirtying herself.

For full disclosure, I don't really care about the fact that you said too much. Sure, a woman could be called a slut, but a man could be called a potential rapist/pedo whish is worse imo.

Yeah, you have to go too far out of the way to back up this notion that our society is anti-male sexuality.

People don't assume men are rapists. In reality, a bloke who bangs lots of women is viewed almost exclusively positively in relation to banging lots of women. Maybe you'd think he's a rapist, but society doesn't.

Yeah, you have to go too far out of the way to back up this notion that our society is anti-male sexuality.

People don't assume men are rapists. In reality, a bloke who bangs lots of women is viewed almost exclusively positively in relation to banging lots of women. Maybe you'd think he's a rapist, but society doesn't.

Yeah, I disagree. Your kind of focusing on one aspect which is the numbers game,yet society seems really preocuppied with male sexuality and how to control it.

Not sure I even have to explain it to be honest.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I disagree. Your kind of focusing on one aspect which is the numbers game,yet society seems really preocuppied with male sexuality and how to control it.

Not sure I even have to explain it to be honest.

I'm.not focused on that at all. I just never see men get sh1t for being successful sexually. Isn't that what you mean by sexuality?

I see people on threads like this say they feel the big victim as they feel like people are trying to control them. I don't see it in real life. Just in threads on the Internet.

For example, if a bloke gets off with lots of women people don't assume he's a criminal going around raping people as you said earlier. That's complete persecution fantasy stuff.

Imagine you did have to explain it. How would you explain it?

I'm.not focused on that at all. I just never see men get sh1t for being successful sexually. Isn't that what you mean by sexuality?

I see people on threads like this say they feel the big victim as they feel like people are trying to control them. I don't see it in real life. Just in threads on the Internet.

For example, if a bloke gets off with lots of women people don't assume he's a criminal going around raping people as you said earlier. That's complete persecution fantasy stuff.

Imagine you did have to explain it. How would you explain it?

Eh, that's more of a petty aside on my part. The numbers game could be seen as undoubtedly positive for the man, but that is neither here nor there as I was more talking about how male sexuality is more controlled.

Eh, that's more of a petty aside on my part. The numbers game could be seen as undoubtedly positive for the man, but that is neither here nor there as I was more talking about how male sexuality is more controlled.

Tell me about how male sexuality is more Controlled. Do you mean more Controlled than female sexuality?

Are we agreed that when a bloke bangs a lot of women, nobody assumes he's raping them? Because that was a barmy thing to say.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement