Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog runs Munster

• 29-02-2020 10:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭

I would like to buy a dog run but am on a limited budget. We have 2 outdoor dogs both big dogs (labrador + labradoodle) and they are a bit hyper and jumpy. I have a 3yo and 5yo myself plus my nieces and nephew come to my house during the week (I mind them) they are aged 4 (with a fear of dogs) and 6 and a newborn. Little kids age 3 also come to the house for playdates. Plus birthday parties if kids want to play outside etc.
    So the dog run would be a place to safely contain the dogs during certain times. My concerns are given the recent weather - what stops the dog run from blowing over/blowing away? I'm talking about the galvanised steel type.

Also does anyone have experience of a supplier in the Munster area I would need it delivered and installed to Cork. I don't have anyone that could put it up for me so would need the supplier to do it (assuming there's some work involved?)

The budget is fairly tight so would appreciate any advice on dog run suppliers in Cork/Munster

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Not sure what your budget is, but Jebb Tools in Cork are generally great value for crates, so I'm assuming they are for dog runs too? They look to have a bit of a sale on at the min too... scroll down this link...
    https://jebbtools.ie/collections/dog-runs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

I've gotten a similar cat run from this guy https://www.stsheds.com/product-category/kennelsruns/

He makes it up in panels, delivers and assembles it at your house. Sound guy to deal with and would recommend him. I have my cat run nearly 2 years now. He's based in portarlington but delivered to me in Galway. He mentioned to me about doing a delivery to sligo so I'm sure he'd travel to Cork also.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭gareth12121

I used these guys, we couldn't have been happier and dogs have a huge run for when we need to contain them.

https://www.donedeal.ie/petservices-for-sale/building-lovelly-dog-runs-homes-kennels/21539377

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Thanks lads. And what stops the dog run from blowing away/blowing over in a storm? Is it the sheer weight of it and I'm worrying about nothing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I have a run from a crowd up north. Its galvanised steel. I originally had it on the lawn and decided to move it to the patio. It took twelve people to move it by rolling it on round fencing posts. It is very, very heavy when assembled. It also has no roof so there is nothing for the wind to catch to blow it over. My nieces playhouse and the garden shed have both been victims of the wind here over the years but that dog run has never moved an inch.

• Advertisement

Cheers thanks. I don't want to drop a few hundred on something that gets damaged in the next Storm Whats-his-name to hit

I have a run from a crowd up north. Its galvanised steel. I originally had it on the lawn and decided to move it to the patio. It took twelve people to move it by rolling it on round fencing posts. It is very, very heavy when assembled. It also has no roof so there is nothing for the wind to catch to blow it over. My nieces playhouse and the garden shed have both been victims of the wind here over the years but that dog run has never moved an inch.

Just to be clear so - it doesn't need to be secured into the ground in any way. It just sits on the grass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Mine is not secured in anyway. There is a big wall behind it though so it has a bit of shelter. I did pay £600 stg ish for mine 10 years ago though so something at a few hundred euro may not be as heavy.

Advertisement