Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Triton T90xr

• 29-02-2020 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, have one of these in house, no idea how long but I have house 4 years and it was in before that. That section was renovated around 2006 so I would guess it might have gone in then?

ANyway, not turning on. The light is on but motor is not turning. Inside it looks fairly black. Also over the last while you have to turn right up to get any sort of hot water, my initial guess is the shower is gone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Triton T90xr was made between 2007 and 2011. The average lifespan of an electric shower is 10 years.

If you turn on the shower & you get a dribble of water then most likely the pump is the issue. If nothing at all happens when you turn it on (no sound & not a drip of water) then the issue is likely to be the RCBO or pull cord switch.

Having to turn the temperature dial all the way round to get warm water suggests only one of the two elements are working. This could be a faulty micro switch or a dead element.

The replacement for this shower is the Triton T90sr silent shower. You can get this supplied & fitted for under €350 in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Triton T90xr was made between 2007 and 2011. The average lifespan of an electric shower is 10 years.

If you turn on the shower & you get a dribble of water then most likely the pump is the issue. If nothing at all happens when you turn it on (no sound & not a drip of water) then the issue is likely to be the RCBO or pull cord switch.

Having to turn the temperature dial all the way round to get warm water suggests only one of the two elements are working. This could be a faulty micro switch or a dead element.

The replacement for this shower is the Triton T90sr silent shower. You can get this supplied & fitted for under €350 in Dublin.

Yeah I might just replace, I would guess it’s at least 10 years, the shower head and everything I had to replace due to wear and tear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

To piggy back this .what's the best or easiest way to get rid of an airlock in the tank feed to a Triton

listermint wrote: »
    To piggy back this .what's the best or easiest way to get rid of an airlock in the tank feed to a Triton

Air locked shower

You can get an airlock in your electric shower if the level of the water in the attic tank drops too low. This happens a lot in winter if Irish water need to reduce the water pressure due to leaks after a cold snap. This happen also in summer during a prolonged hot, dry spell. Again Irish Water may need to reduce water pressure at night to conserve water. Other causes could be a faulty ballcock on the attic tank not letting the tank fill fast enough or a leak an the water main.
    • Remove the shower head, it screws off.
    • Let the shower hose hang straight down in the bath or shower.
    • Turn the flow dial all the way anti clockwise. (usually the bottom dial)
    • Turn the power selector to blue (usually the top dial)
    • Turn on the shower. This usually clears an airlock within 30 seconds or so

https://www.dublinshowerrepair.com/troubleshooting/

If none of the above works you can turn off power going to the shower, Remove cover, Filter is below the pump on bottom left. Remove filter cover & put your finger or a screwdriver in. There is a little button type of thing there. Pushing this in should purge all air. If it doesn't then you have a bad airlock in the pipes. At this stage I'd be opening any brass fittings between the tank & shower to try purge the air

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

If none of the above works you can turn off power going to the shower, Remove cover, Filter is below the pump on bottom left. Remove filter cover & put your finger or a screwdriver in. There is a little button type of thing there. Pushing this in should purge all air. If it doesn't then you have a bad airlock in the pipes. At this stage I'd be opening any brass fittings between the tank & shower to try purge the air

Ya tried air bleed several times think it's a bad airlock possibly empty tank caused it . Maybe reverse fill with garden hose only option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭mrblack

I had an triton XR since 2008 and it was so noisy no one wanted to use that shower at all! I replaced it with a Triton T90sr last year and its an easy replacement with no electric or pipe work needed so fitting was a DIY job.

Plus the T90sr is nearly silent -now the kids are taking too long in the shower:rolleyes:

Mrblack

Advertisement