Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice needed PrePay Mobile Broadband (Have Router)

• 29-02-2020 3:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

HI

I have a Huawei B593S-11 4G Sim Router- For one reason or another i am unable to get a landline broadband connection, or use Bill Pay. I would like to opt for Pre Pay Mobile Broadband

I recently signed up for the Eir 30DAY 50GB package for 30Euros

however i would like to find out if there are any better options for me. The region i live in has decent signal on all the main Mobile Networks, incl Vodafone, Eir, and Three - i have also conducted a map of Towers so i know where each one is - not quite line of sight, trees in the way, but certainly no serious obstructions, either natural or man made

Are their any decent pre pay packages that would be as good as, if not better than what i am using now.

I notice 3 do ALL U CAN EAT data, but the TnC's suggest this is ONLY for mobile and that a modem will not work - anyone any experience with this?

Thank in advance

Liamo

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Hi Liamo

The three prepay will work as i work in the cctv field, and have used it in Farms for remote access for Calving Cameras

Pa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

liamtech wrote: »
    I notice 3 do ALL U CAN EAT data, but the TnC's suggest this is ONLY for mobile and that a modem will not work - anyone any experience with this?

Fortunately, they don't enforce the cap in T&Cs and also you can't get caught for anything over and above the €20/month. It's a great solution if you can get on a sector that isn't over subscribed. It will work with your router no problem at all assuming it's network unlocked. However do try both 3G and 4G connections as sometimes 3G can be less congested. I average ~250GB/month but have hit 500 since I started using approx 2 years ago and no issues It has been excellent in my scenario. There is also a bill pay package with Eir for €30 for 750GB which is probably the next best in line after three and gomo, but three really is the best value atm if you're north of 80GB/month. https://editorsean.com/articles/large-4g-plans-home-broadband-ireland/ is a great read.

Jim

Advertisement