Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get a Mortgage outside Ireland

• 29-02-2020 5:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭

Was chatting with my uncle in holland recently, we were discussing mortgage rates. I said I was about to renew with UB for 2.3% for 2 years and was delighted with that.

He said he was on a 1.6% for 10 years.
    Couldnt believe it, is it possible to switch to a mortgage outside Ireland to another EU bank?

I'd have a LTV of 54% so a would make me a very viable option for any bank I imagine.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Short answer: Not a chance. No foreign bank would be able to get security for the loan from you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Look at the terms of his mortgage - if he cannot pay and can't come to an agreement, he's out within 3 months, house on the market and new owner in situ within 6 months.

here, you can scam up to 10 years without paying a penny, the banks have to spend tens of thousands on legal fees and forego the interest before they eventually get the property back.

guess who pays all these legal fees and non payment of interest for the several thousand scammers - you and me.

That's why no european banks will look at Ireland despite the fact that they could open up a mortgage book within a few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Ok thanks guys for the info. Appreciate it

Advertisement