Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kitchen Floor Needs Sealing from Drafts?

• 29-02-2020 5:46pm

Apologies with the title.

Desperate drafts coming up from behind the kitchen units.

The kitchen is tiled, but the floor underneath the kitchen units is not. There seems just to be ply board sitting on top of the joists. With gaps in the ply board. Thats where I think the drafts are coming from. I presume thats likely?

Whats the best angle of approach with this? Take the kitchen units out and get the kitchen floor sealed and re-tiled? The kitchen units are cheap enough and the doors could do with replacing. And the tiles need replacing anyway.

Another thing which might be of significance? The house was built in the mid 1970's sinlge block construction. In most of the electric wall sockets you can feel a draft breezing out of it.

I'm thinking that there might a a problem generally with drafts throughout the house because of the construction? Doesn't help that its been one of the wettest and windiest Februarys for decades.

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,165 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

most likely source is around the pipework.

Advertisement