Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotavator in argos €60

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

more of a tiller than a rotovator, i suspect, but that's a decent price. to be able to go down the claimed 18cm it'd need quite a bit of bulk and an 'anchor'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

18cm sounds a bit optimistic unless the ground is pretty damp (but not too damp cos then a tiller/rotavator can leave a squelchy quagmire behind it), for tuning over an existing bed it'll be fine but that's not why you use a rotavator as a rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Aldi have one too

https://www.aldi.ie/ferrex-electric-tiller/p/701986331010000

Spear & Jackson are a good brand so I would probably go for the Argos one.

If you can ever get hold of a little Mantis Petrol cultivator/tiller they are superb. Mine is 20 years old & starts first time. It also has a lawn scarifier attachment. I have created lots of new beds & borders with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭secman

Thsnks OP for the tip off, picked up the last one in Arklow on way back from Wexford, my local one in Dublin had none left.
    Cheers

Edit ; whats 18cm in old money :)

secman wrote: »
    Thsnks OP for the tip off, picked up the last one in Arklow on way back from Wexford, my local one in Dublin had none left.
    Cheers

Edit ; whats 18cm in old money :)

7 inches :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Didn't get it but I see also have a. 1200w one for an extra 20€

Didn't get it but I see also have a. 1200w one for an extra 20€

The Aldi one is 1200 watts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Discodog wrote: »
    The Aldi one is 1200 watts