Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm Never Voting Sinn Fein Again!!

Options
  • 29-02-2020 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

They're all talk.

They talk a lot but not to anyone that could make a difference to people's lives.

Come on we've given you the ball what are you going to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Zico wrote: »
    They're all talk.

They talk a lot but not to anyone that could make a difference to people's lives.

what did you want them to do, the only way to form a govt is with the support of ff or fg, can't see that happening. If you support them, you would already know this and not be using it as a reason to bash them. Another election is my prediction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Stop the press some random poster on some forum is never voting for a political party again.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Before they can do anything, they, indeed any of the political parties wanting to lead, have to be able to nominate a Taoiseach, form a government and command the support of a majority of the house.

How is it the fault of Sinn Fein, or any of the other parties on the 22-24% mark, that they cannot build enough consensus to do that?

Sinn Fein need to build support across the left, there seems to be a belief that because Sinn Fein won the "popular" vote they are obligated to lead and that as they led the left wave, that all the left leaning TDs should by default follow Mary Lou's lead?

That's not how the system works, if they can't form a government...
    Tough.

If they can, they will fairly quickly learn the reality of dealing with public finances and the civil service.

Sinn Fein haven't failed, they promised change, they will try no doubt to deliver some of it.
    Unless however, they can gain coalition support or indeed grow their number of seats in a rerun election!

Just what do you expect them to do with a 4th of the seats?
    What do they owe your vote, that current political reality will allow them deliver?

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

The real question is why the millennials ever voted for a bunch of semi-literates in the first place.

I'm thinking they're just spoiled. Booming economy, rising wages and full employment not good enough for ye? Want to return to the days of emigration is it?

As well as ignorant of a party where members stand up and applause a man known to have murdered a Guard.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

The age range for millennial spans 30 to 45.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

funny that, I am never voting FG after 2011 and 2016, the fraud that is Varadkar represents the dole warriors more than early risers!

The real question is why the millennials ever voted for a bunch of semi-literates in the first place.

I'm thinking they're just spoiled. Booming economy, rising wages and full employment not good enough for ye? Want to return to the days of emigration is it?

As well as ignorant of a party where members stand up and applause a man known to have murdered a Guard.
    the same question could be asked of anyone who voted for ff or fg and their disasters in health and housing, but thats for another thread.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

I understand the party position in the Uk and not taking seats but I expect better efforts in the rest of Ireland.

Even PBP can have common ground with other parties. I like the gatherings though, Sinn Fein can get people toegther, just wished it was more than words.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

They're all talk.

You did in your hole vote for SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Idbatterim wrote: »
    funny that, I am never voting FG after 2011 and 2016, the fraud that is Varadkar represents the dole warriors more than early risers!

Its like blairs labour, ‘New FG’ is about looking good on twitter, not helping those too busy to tweet all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Zico wrote:

In fairness to SF they are the only party that you can't blame in the current situation. They want to talk to all parties and would jump into bed with either FF or FG given the chance.

Im not saying that they would be good or bad in government but they can't be blamed on other parties not talking to them.

I'd also suggest that despite what the thread title suggests, I don't believe that you ever voted for SF

votecounts wrote: »
    the same question could be asked of anyone who voted for ff or fg and their disasters in health and housing, but thats for another thread.:)

Why's that, the economy booming with record investment, employment and rising wages and you just throw out random slurs?

Your problem is you're looking for a magic beans solution of cheap housing on expensive city centre land. It's just economically illiterate like your messiah O'Brien.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

How can some people think SF can just rock up take just 23 seats and announce Mary Lou is Taoiseach end off.

People that think that are likely too young to vote I'd say.

Why's that, the economy booming with record investment, employment and rising wages and you just throw out random slurs?

Your problem is you're looking for a magic beans solution of cheap housing on expensive city centre land. It's just economically illiterate like your messiah O'Brien.

Would you say renting out a social housing stock worth billions, for nothing, is economically illiterate?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

giphy.webp

• Registered Users Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Because of the disaster the last few governments have been. Many saw no alternative. They want FG out & they aren't too pushed on letting FF back in. Labour are still being blamed for supporting FG. What other option did they have?

Would you say renting out a social housing stock worth billions, for nothing, is economically illiterate?

Having any social housing at all in the centre of Dublin is economically illiterate. No need to be anywhere near the city.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Because of the disaster the last few governments have been. Many saw no alternative. They want FG out & they aren't too pushed on letting FF back in. Labour are still being blamed for supporting FG. What other option did they have?

They want the party which created 450,000 new jobs to be out? Why? Again, are they spoiled?

They want the party which created 450,000 new jobs to be out? Why? Again, are they spoiled?

Have you blamed spending on avocado's yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jay1988

They're all talk.

I'd bet every penny i had that you never voted for them in the first place, the obsession with Sinn Fein on this site has become quite tiring.

• Advertisement

jay1988 wrote: »
    I'd bet every penny i had that you never voted for them in the first place, the obsession with Sinn Fein on this site has become quite tiring.

Considering the obsession helped Sinn Fein the fact its continuing is hilarious.

having a job is great, but when 1/2 of your wages are going on rent, you don't get that booming feeling and in regard to our bad health service, I hope you never have anyone close that has to suffer because of it:(

nah, wont give them any credit. They didnt do anything absolutely moronic to stop the recovery. In fairness, I do have to give an irish government credit, for nothing doing something insanely stupid! Uncompetitive vat rates? yes. Ridiculous marginal rate of tax, that is damaging ? yes! rip off accomodation, marginal rate, child care, that effects our competitiveness? yes. Appalling infrastructure, that they could have rectified during the bust and kept thousand of skilled workers here? Yes.

They are a jaw dropping piss take. The bar is set so low here, all you have do is not be absolutely appalling to maintain power, and they lost it, during a boom. A new landmark in irish politics...

jay1988 wrote: »
    might have goven them an 8th preference as he never said it was a number 1:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,169 ✭✭✭✭flazio

And what percentage of them are in a stable home, either by fair rental or by ownership?
    We had a story on the news about a child receiving treatment on a blanket on the floor of Cork University Hospital recently because they didn't have any trollies, never mind beds.
    So while Fianna Fail dither, Sinn Fein try to "rally troops" around the country and Fine Gael care take while sizing up the opposition benches, the country still remains a miserable place to live.
    I'm not loyal to any of them but it's seriously getting on my nerves now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,781 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Stop the press some random poster on some forum is never voting for a political party again.:D

Stop the press. Someone actually admitted voting for Sinn Fein :pac:

votecounts wrote: »
    having a job is great, but when 1/2 of your wages are going on rent, you don't get that booming feeling and in regard to our bad health service, I hope you never have anyone close that has to suffer because of it:(

You're repeating the perceived problem but there's no magic beans solution other than crashing the economy. SF would only make it worse, and chase away investment. This is completely obvious to some and not so much to others. By the way there's no need to live in the centre of Dublin either, plenty of cheap rent elsewhere.

nah, wont give them any credit. They didnt do anything absolutely moronic to stop the recovery. In fairness, I do have to give an irish government credit, for nothing doing something insanely stupid! Uncompetitive vat rates? yes. Ridiculous marginal rate of tax, that is damaging ? yes! rip off accomodation, marginal rate, child care, that effects our competitiveness? yes. Appalling infrastructure, that they could have rectified during the bust and kept thousand of skilled workers here? Yes.

They are a jaw dropping piss take. The bar is set so low here, all you have do is not be absolutely appalling to maintain power, and they lost it, during a boom. A new landmark in irish politics...

If you don't give FG credit for creating the jobs, then you cannot blame FF either for losing the jobs in the recession.

Can't have it both ways.

And if you're concerned about tax weren't FG offering €3k tax cut?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,781 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Not quite... it's 23 to 38 (in 2019)

Thank Christ...

• Advertisement

If you don't give FG credit for creating the jobs, then you cannot blame FF either for losing the jobs in the recession.

Can't have it both ways.

And if you're concerned about tax weren't FG offering €3k tax cut?
    yes, I think there is very little difference between them, FG a bit more prudent. I also concur, FG wanted more petrol thrown on the budget fire, before the bust. In fairness, who wouldnt have been wanting to lead the country during that period. this "boom" is totally at odds with the last one, this time during a boom, many peoples living standards are declining.

Advertisement