Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm Never Voting Sinn Fein Again!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

They want the party which created 450,000 new jobs to be out? Why? Again, are they spoiled?

450k you say?

Public and civil service are really whizzing along so they are. Someone's gonna have to pay for that....

Wake me up when it's fashionable to vote Sinn Fein:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

They want the party which created 450,000 new jobs to be out? Why? Again, are they spoiled?

I don't suppose you remember the crash? At the time the expert think tanks almost exactly predicted how high the unemployment rate would go, how long it would be at that rate. This was long before FG actually got into office. Once the Troika deal was done our future was almost cast in stone. Do you remember when FG implemented the Troika budgets? They publicly blamed FF and the Troika. When the Troika budgets started the bear fruit Noonan stopped blaming the Troika and started to take credit himself for budgets that were agreed before his party was in government.

The bottom line is that it didn't matter who was in government. The results would have been the same. Now if FG weren't in power we wouldn't have billions wasted on water meters, most expensive hospital in the world per capta and up to 3 billion on a broadband infrastructure that we will never own. We didn't have a homeless /housing/rent crisis before FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I don't suppose you remember the crash? At the time the expert think tanks almost exactly predicted how high the unemployment rate would go, how long it would be at that rate. This was long before FG actually got into office. Once the Troika deal was done our future was almost cast in stone. Do you remember when FG implemented the Troika budgets? They publicly blamed FF and the Troika. When the Troika budgets started the bear fruit Noonan stopped blaming the Troika and started to take credit himself for budgets that were agreed before his party was in government.

The bottom line is that it didn't matter who was in government. The results would have been the same. Now if FG weren't in power we wouldn't have billions wasted on water meters, most expensive hospital in the world per capta and up to 3 billion on a broadband infrastructure that we will never own. We didn't have a homeless /housing/rent crisis before FG.

yeah that is true, but what other idiocy or other mistakes would they have blown the billions on?

Idbatterim wrote:
    They are a jaw dropping piss take. The bar is set so low here, all you have do is not be absolutely appalling to maintain power, and they lost it, during a boom. A new landmark in irish politics...

We have this moronic attitude in Ireland. Point out how bad FG are & someone says "ah but FF are worse". This is the bar they set. So long as they are better than FF all is rosey. Younger voters wanted a higher bar than FF and FG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Was it not the murder of innocent children ,mothers ,husbands fathers etc that turned you off them?

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

Sleeper12 wrote: »

You only think it doesn't matter because you don't know what it would be like when a truly dangerously incompetant party like SF gets into power and chases away investment. Didn't the REIT's fall around 10% after the election. Translation - that's a lot less money for housing if SF ever get in.

You only think it doesn't matter because you don't know what it would be like when a truly dangerously incompetant party like SF gets into power and chases away investment. Didn't the REIT's fall around 10% after the election. Translation - that's a lot less money for housing if SF ever get in.

Fred the country has had a belly full of FGs incompetence. I'm not saying voting SF is the answer but younger voters feel very let down by FG. FF & FG in their minds can't be trusted to run the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭jd1983

Are you seriously suggesting REIT's share price falling is a bad thing?

When FG stupidly sold whole apartment blocks to REIT's some people's rents increased by over 50% overnight. REIT's are part of the problem and they're definitely not the solution. It takes serious delusion to think otherwise.

jd1983 wrote: »

When FG stupidly sold whole apartment blocks to REIT's some people's rents increased by over 50% overnight. REIT's are part of the problem and they're definitely not the solution. It takes serious delusion to think otherwise.

REITs are the only answer when the land is expensive, as city centre land is. Who else is going to finance housing other than investment funds? The banks certainly won't. I know your crowd want the government to do it like in Commie Russia but unless you plan on paying the workers less and paying less for materials the cost of building the home won't be going down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,601 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

pjohnson wrote: »
    How can some people think SF can just rock up take just 23 seats and announce Mary Lou is Taoiseach end off.

People that think that are likely too young to vote I'd say.

They aren't used to politics and how things work. Tjks is the third general election I voted in.
    I know people my age and older who are Sinn Fein voters and if Mary Lou said she could end world hunger they'd believe her instantly and share it on social media with clapping hands emojis.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭jd1983

If you don't give FG credit for creating the jobs, then you cannot blame FF either for losing the jobs in the recession.

Can't have it both ways.

And if you're concerned about tax weren't FG offering €3k tax cut?

Our main two trading partners the US and UK exited recession before the rest of the eurozone helping Ireland's economic performance. These two countries didn't suddenly become our biggest trading partners after FG took power.

Giving FG credit for global macro economic trends is like blaming the government if a hard brexit occurs or blaming the government for the corona virus.

Well done on your patronising tone though, I reckon that will definitely persuade millennials to vote for FG.

Our main two trading partners the US and UK exited recession before the rest of the eurozone helping Ireland's economic performance. These two countries didn't suddenly become our biggest trading partners after FG took power.

Giving FG credit for global macro economic trends is like blaming the government if a hard brexit occurs or blaming the government for the corona virus.

Well done on your patronising tone though, I reckon that will definitely persuade millennials to vote for FG.

So you don't blame FF for the recession then (or global economic financial crisis)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Zico wrote:
    They talk a lot but not to anyone that could make a difference to people's lives.

Zico wrote:
    Come on we've given you the ball what are you going to do?

written like I true blueshirt who didn't actually vote sinn feinn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Do we really need another SF bashing thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

pjohnson wrote:
    How can some people think SF can just rock up take just 23 seats and announce Mary Lou is Taoiseach end off.

ehhhh it was 34 seats .....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

You're repeating the perceived problem but there's no magic beans solution other than crashing the economy. SF would only make it worse, and chase away investment. This is completely obvious to some and not so much to others. By the way there's no need to live in the centre of Dublin either, plenty of cheap rent elsewhere.

Yeah its called abroad auld lad ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭LeineGlas

The real question is why the millennials ever voted for a bunch of semi-literates in the first place.

I'm thinking they're just spoiled. Booming economy, rising wages and full employment not good enough for ye? Want to return to the days of emigration is it?

As well as ignorant of a party where members stand up and applause a man known to have murdered a Guard.

Younger generations tend to vote for the good of society as a whole and want the issues of homelessness and poor health services to be addressed.

Older generations vote for their own self-interests in the form of lower taxes, early pension age and often against the interests of they consider "unworthy" such as the less well-off, immigrants and the LGBT community.

I guess Freds a diehard FG acolyte.

Landlord aswell I bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,129 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Zico wrote: »
    They're all talk.

They talk a lot but not to anyone that could make a difference to people's lives.

Come on we've given you the ball what are you going to do?

To continue your sporting analogy, we actually haven't given them the ball.
    There was a bit of a loose ruck after the election.
    The opposition have kicked into touch.
    When the ball is back in play we'll see how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,660 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

elperello wrote: »
    To continue your sporting analogy, we actually haven't given them the ball.
    There was a bit of a loose ruck after the election.
    The opposition have kicked into touch.
    When the ball is back in play we'll see how it goes.

So were they offside or not?

Is it going to VAR?

NIMAN wrote: »
    So were they offside or not?

Is it going to VAR?

Doesnt matter Leos gone off home with the ball in a sulk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Being controlled by a foreign unelected illegal group of murderous terrorists has to count against them as well though, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭storker

Please outline specifically how FG created 450,00 jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Idbatterim wrote: »
    funny that, I am never voting FG after 2011 and 2016, the fraud that is Varadkar represents the dole warriors more than early risers!

Yet you voted for the party that wants a 20 percent rise....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭storker

Idbatterim wrote: »
    They are a jaw dropping piss take. The bar is set so low here, all you have do is not be absolutely appalling to maintain power,

Seems to impress the hell out of some people around here though. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭thomasdylan

LeineGlas wrote: »
    Younger generations tend to vote for the good of society as a whole and want the issues of homelessness and poor health services to be addressed.

Older generations vote for their own self-interests in the form of lower taxes, early pension age and often against the interests of they consider "unworthy" such as the less well-off, immigrants and the LGBT community.

I don't know about this. Weren't Sinn fein supporters polled the most anti-immigration?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

It sounds facile but I like the idea of a united Ireland that no other party offers.

Work the rest of it out later.

But come on can we have a train to Belfast that runs a bit faster than a bus?

Sinn Fein are in local power north and south but there's **** all coordination to do anything with the piles of money they're supposed to have. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Sinn Féin might seem all talk, but they are planning for the long term. For instance, before any of us were talking about Coronavirus Mary-Lou said on the debate that the pension would be affordable as the demographics would look after themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Now personally I can't ducking stand SF, however in fairness what the duck are the supposed to do? Then don't have enough TDs to form a government

Advertisement