Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm Never Voting Sinn Fein Again!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Sinn Féin might seem all talk, but they are planning for the long term. For instance, before any of us were talking about Coronavirus Mary-Lou said on the debate that the pension would be affordable as the demographics would look after themselves.

Ah I see what she meant now. I was scratching my head when she made the comment. I was thinking that "the lads" couldn't Rob enough banks to cover the state pension issues in the same way that they were able to do for the retiring IRA members

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

pjohnson wrote: »
    Considering the obsession helped Sinn Fein the fact its continuing is hilarious.

The obsession with FFG lasted 100 years now that's hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,449 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Now personally I can't ducking stand SF, however in fairness what the duck are the supposed to do? Then don't have enough TDs to form a government

They could form a government with the left.

The numbers are there.

Why are FF and FG been blamed when the numbers are there for a left government??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭dunnerc

The numbers are there.

Why are FF and FG been blamed when the numbers are there for a left government??

Really you believe that ? Stop talking nonsense .:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

SF on 35%
    FF on 20%
    FG on 18%
    According to a poll in tomorrow's Times. No way are FF and FG going to allow an election happen anytime soon.

Seems OP many more have decided to vote for SF.

• Advertisement

dunnerc wrote: »
    Really you believe that ? Stop talking nonsense .:rolleyes:

The numbers are there without FF and FG.

What's stopping it?

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭howareyakid

The numbers are there without FF and FG.

What's stopping it?

Too many disparate groupings and not all independents would be of the same political inclinations as SF.

Too many disparate groupings and not all independents would be of the same political inclinations as SF.

So they won't work together because of ideology yet FF and FG are getting criticised for not working with SF for the same reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭howareyakid

So they won't work together because of ideology yet FF and FG are getting criticised for not working with SF for the same reason?

Suppose it’s just easier to point the finger at FF and FG because they’re the big parties. I think it was accepted fairy early on that even though the numbers were there to form a government without FF and FG, it would be too difficult to unite such a large swathe of different groupings and independents.

• Advertisement

Suppose it’s just easier to point the finger at FF and FG because they’re the big parties. I think it was accepted fairy early on that even though the numbers were there to form a government without FF and FG, it would be too difficult to unite such a large swathe of different groupings and independents.

Well thsts their own fault.

Everyone has their principles and I don't see why FF and FG should abandon them to accommodate SF.

Noone else is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

pjohnson wrote: »
    How can some people think SF can just rock up take just 23 seats and announce Mary Lou is Taoiseach end off.

People that think that are likely too young to vote I'd say.

SF have 23 seats? Eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Well thsts their own fault.

Everyone has their principles and I don't see why FF and FG should abandon them to accommodate SF.

Noone else is.

General election so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

SF on 35%
    FF on 20%
    FG on 18%
    According to a poll in tomorrow's Times. No way are FF and FG going to allow an election happen anytime soon.

Seems OP many more have decided to vote for SF.

Even if SF increase their vote share, they still wouldn't be able to form a government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Even if SF increase their vote share, they still wouldn't be able to form a government.

I agree with you , but several FF and FG TDs who barely scrapped over the line have no interest in another election.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

The numbers are there.

they are not though, any stable govt requires an agreement with or fg or ff.
    Election on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Being controlled by a foreign unelected illegal group of murderous terrorists has to count against them as well though, right?
    delighted this poster has fcuked off, and take your partionist view with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,169 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The numbers are there.

Too many parties with too much variance on how far left they lean. You can't form a government on just hating FF and FG.
    Apart from SF, what other parties would sit comfortably around a table with a party like Solidarity PBP?
    The Greens were savagely attacked by all these parties last time they went into government with FF. What's changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,557 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

The economy is flying. FGs biggest mistake was being too slow on the housing crisis issue.

I think whoever is in government next will build plenty of houses and ease that issue. I'd be concerned what SF might do to the economy.

As for Health, I don't think anyone convinced me in the debates or manifestos they'll fix health. It needs a massive overhaul or huge cash injection. Could take decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

6 wrote: »
    As for Health, I don't think anyone convinced me in the debates or manifestos they'll fix health. It needs a massive overhaul or huge cash injection. Could take decades.

The last thing we need is to throw more money at health. FG have left us with a children’s hospital that remains in-complete, will be inaccessible to most and under their care has morphed into the most expensive hospital in the world.

Simon has repeatedly raided the magic money tree, thrown it at the HSE and yet the situation continues to deteriorate.

We need serious reform including a mass clear out of non frontline staff so that we can shore up delivery of services to those that actually matter. The patients. This isn’t rocket science but it will take a competent minister with balls to tackle it and the boy Simon is not our man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,557 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

The last thing we need is to throw more money at health. FG have left us with a children’s hospital that remains in-complete, will be inaccessible to most and under their care has morphed into the most expensive hospital in the world.

Simon has repeatedly raided the magic money tree, thrown it at the HSE and yet the situation continues to deteriorate.

We need serious reform including a mass clear out of non frontline staff so that we can shore up delivery of services to those that actually matter. The patients. This isn’t rocket science but it will take a competent minister with balls to tackle it and the boy Simon is not our man.

I hear you, but I'm guessing it's not as simple as that to fix

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭garrettod

Few in government will have the courage to do that, between the likely strikes and the redundancy costs, most would run a mile from the mere suggestion of it...

It's much easier for the likes of SF to come along and try to pick on the mid-upper earners, tax the corporates until you run them out of the country etc.

All that said, I think you are right.

Thanks,

G.

Eh, while we're thinking about how the Dept of Heath might spend the money better, how about asking why they needed to rent one of the most expensive properties in Ireland (on Lower Baggot Street, Dublin 2) ?

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/new-department-of-health-hq-lay-empty-for-17-months-at-cost-of-15-8-million-1.3644953%3fmode=amp

Thanks,

G.

Before you take a single step past the A&E, a simple change involving the option of "self service" check in, with a swipe for a credit / debit card, would help get people processed faster, and help ensure the minimum charge was collected from patients.

... Please note, I've said "the option" above btw, before anyone starts going on about the poor person that's blind, just lost their ten fingers so can't type and forgot to bring their credit card etc.

Thanks,

G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

garrettod wrote: »
    Eh, while we're thinking about how the Dept of Heath might spend the money better, how about asking why they needed to rent one of the most expensive properties in Ireland (on Lower Baggot Street, Dublin 2) ?

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/new-department-of-health-hq-lay-empty-for-17-months-at-cost-of-15-8-million-1.3644953%3fmode=amp

I assume like every keyboard warrior you've not been inside the building.

It's not just health in there. Dept of children moved from mespil road when the lease ran out. Finance and DPER also have space there as well.

There were nearly 900 people in the building last time I looked.
    The building needed to be renovated and furnished. Can't have people sitting on the floor!

Next question..why did they move out of Hawkins House....it was falling down and not for for purpose. It's going to be knocked down and part of a new plaza DCC is building

Btw.the departments don't have a say in where they go. That's solely OPW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Well, I had another run-in with the 20 something SF wholaws here in Kerry while getting the Sunday papers. This time unlike last time I challenged them to name the guy they voted for, yip, not one in the group of 5 could remember his name.

Dan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

Zico wrote: »
    They're all talk.

They talk a lot but not to anyone that could make a difference to people's lives.

Come on we've given you the ball what are you going to do?

You voted for Sinn Fein.

Aha aha bwahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Well, I had another run-in with the 20 something SF wholaws here in Kerry while getting the Sunday papers. This time unlike last time I challenged them to name the guy they voted for, yip, not one in the group of 5 could remember his name.

Anyone from a constituency or county which continually returns Healy Rae's to councils and Dail Eireann is in no position to criticise SF.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

I didn't vote for Sinn Feinn because I looked at the facts and maths.
    And no way could they come up with a logical conclusion to fix what they said they'd fix unless they fleeced us for tax and then nobody would ever vote for them again.

I always vote with the intention of having Sinn Feinn in opposition.
    They have Pierce Doherty he's very well clued in, he'd do really well if he was in another party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

look at the latest poll haha I'd say leo is raging his spin backfired

Advertisement