Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothes drying Apartment

Options
  • 29-02-2020 8:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭

Any good devices drying clothes inside an apartment? Obviously don't want to get damp on the walls but I've ruined nearly every piece of clothing i have from drying them in a dryer last few months.

All have shrunk to non-wearable are gone ratty.

Basically 1500 euro worth clothes gone to absolute ****e in the last few months including all work clothes so basically had to go and get a new closet.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Buy a dehumidifier and run it beside your clothes when they are drying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Boozybooze

XsApollo wrote: »
    Buy a dehumidifier and run it beside your clothes when they are drying.

Hmm never thought of that, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

I'll second the dehumidifier
    You should see the amount of water that comes out of a load of washing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Yeah I can't understand why your clothes are all ruined.

Granted I won't put my work dresses/dressy dresses or anything with embroidery /embellishments into the dryer but everything else is fired into it.

At the moment I've extended maternity leave, so I'm living in years old penneys finest.... Kinda wish they'd get destroyed so I can replace them... But that's a different issue :)

A dehumidifier is the way to go for clothes horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,790 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Do you own the apartment? If you do I’d suggest a better dryer. A heat pump dryer will take longer and use less energy. You would need to check reviews but it should be more gentle on clothes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Do you own the apartment? If you do I’d suggest a better dryer. A heat pump dryer will take longer and use less energy. You would need to check reviews but it should be more gentle on clothes.

Even if OP doesn't own the apartment, get a heat pump dryer. They only need a plug. No way a dryer should be ruining clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Some clothes have warning labels on stating no heat meaning no tumble dryer.
    I did use a JML dri budy which was handy for drying clothes in a tent with a hair dryer.
    Now that i have more space in another room with rad nearby i bought one of these on wheels to do the job.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sebastianee-Foldable-Clothes-Laundry-Adjustable/dp/B07TFCZGC2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Boozybooze

Its my parents apartment. Staying until I get the mortgage put through in another few months. Probably the worst bit is the shrinkage of the clothes particular polo shirts and work shirts and hoodies and some jeans and chinos.

I'm thinking of just sticking them in the bathroom with the dehumidifier on and window open.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Boozybooze wrote: »
    Its my parents apartment. Staying until I get the mortgage put through in another few months. Probably the worst bit is the shrinkage of the clothes particular polo shirts and work shirts and hoodies and some jeans and chinos.

I'm thinking of just sticking them in the bathroom with the dehumidifier on and window open.

Dehumidifier works great. Works best when the room is a bit warm so you can leave the window closed? Is it a washer/dryer by any chance? I found the dryer in that combo to be very harsh on clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Cannot understand why apartment blocks in Ireland don't have communal clothes washing and drying facilities

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Corca Baiscinn

I'll second the dehumidifier
    You should see the amount of water that comes out of a load of washing

Third it! When you empty the full water container you're glad that the full container was collected by the dehumidifier instead of going going into the atmosphere to create mould and damp.

As another poster asked though, are you using wrong setting on drier? Most synthetics would need to be dried on a low heat. Def dont dry clothes directly on radiators Get a metal clothes airer and dehumidifier but dont understand bathroom option, its too damp! Is there a spare room

Advertisement