Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Soccer Forum

Options
  • 29-02-2020 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭

Hi there

I was banned unfairly and not given a warning.

Please provide access asap.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod via PM? That's the first step in the appeal process

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod via PM? That's the first step in the appeal process

Yes thanks and it has not been changed. What is the next step?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The next step is for one of the CMods to review your appeal. Please be prepared to post your PM exchange with the mod (or share it via PM) for the CMod to review

The next step is for one of the CMods to review your appeal. Please be prepared to post your PM exchange with the mod (or share it via PM) for the CMod to review

Sure thanks. Will they contact me?

They will post here

• Advertisement

Can I get an update here? Looking to resolve this asap.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I can take a look at this.

What's your grounds for wanting the card overturned? Looking at your record this is the third time in a row you've been carded for something similar.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I can take a look at this.

What's your grounds for wanting the card overturned? Looking at your record this is the third time in a row you've been carded for something similar.

So I didn't intend to troll anyone. Just engaging in a rival thread which happens all the time in the Manchester United thread.

A warning would be sufficient here and happy to delete the comment if it's wound anyone up. I see it all the time in United thread and it's fans teasing and discussing rivals.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just to be clear you did only get a warning for the post. The ban is not for that post in particular but for the accumulation of cards. It was your second card of the season so it resulted in a two week ban.

Just to be clear you did only get a warning for the post. The ban is not for that post in particular but for the accumulation of cards. It was your second card of the season so it resulted in a two week ban.

Sorry but did I get a warning and a card?

The main goal was not to troll, it was the usual rivalry of we come in peace that we see in the United thread too.

• Advertisement

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Sorry but did I get a warning and a card?

The main goal was not to troll, it was the usual rivalry of we come in peace that we see in the United thread too.

A yellow card is a warning. Did you mean just a verbal warning? Considering this is your third time being carded for similar in a row I don't see how that's warranted?

Generally when those kind of posts occur in the united thread they get reported a lot and carded too from what I've seen.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Darksoul, I have removed your post, only the OP and those dealing with their appeal can post in the thread. You are welcome to discuss your thread ban with the mods via PM. Thanks.

Darksoul, I have removed your post, only the OP and those dealing with their appeal can post in the thread. You are welcome to discuss your thread ban with the mods via PM. Thanks.
    Just to confirm the poster is not threadbanned, but needs to seek access to the forum once they meet the relevant criteria which are set out here

Now back to the appeal!

Just to confirm the poster is not threadbanned, but needs to seek access to the forum once they meet the relevant criteria which are set out here

Now back to the appeal!

Sure, I can follow those steps as required. Or whatever is next thanks.

Sure, I can follow those steps as required. Or whatever is next thanks.

I was referring to the post deleted by Niamh posted by another user

Mickeroo is dealing with your appeal, but to clarify a yellow card in the forum is a "warning"

Your own ban is for picking up 2 yellow cards during the season

Sorry I thought there was differences between warning and a yellow card.

I've seen a lot of them go unnoticed but you cant get to everything. I'd remove the post etc if helpful. I didn't think it crossed the line of trolling, saying they are the worst team ever or something ridiculous.

Look I'll cut you some slack here. The post was pretty innocuous and it didn't cause any disruption on the thread.

If you agree to not post things like that in other team's superthreads going forward then I'll ask for the card to be removed and will lift the ban.

Look I'll cut you some slack here. The post was pretty innocuous and it didn't cause any disruption on the thread.

If you agree to not post things like that in other team's superthreads going forward then I'll ask for the card to be removed and will lift the ban.

Sure thank you. Fully agree and appreciate it.

Sure thank you. Fully agree and appreciate it.

No problem, I'll lift the ban now and see about getting the card lifted.

No problem, I'll lift the ban now and see about getting the card lifted.
    I'll do that now

Thanks all - marking this resolved

Advertisement