Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feel bit ... put out ..

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

qwerty13 wrote: »
    I actually don’t think it’s unfair or unhelpful at all. The OP created entirely unnecessary drama with his sister and on this thread, was dismissive of anyone who disagreed with them (practically to the point of rudeness). I think it would be good if he remembered not to overreact the next time he doesn’t get his way.

You’re the one creating drama and overreacting, mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,441 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

My sister has our folks over to her house .. I’m divorced and live nearby , with a teenage son.

She is having dinner with them , she texted me to see if I wanted to drop up , very nice , as im leaving one job retiring , starting new job Monday , suppose that’s a lot of the reason .. just to wish me well... I’m delighted , very nice thought ....

This is the thing ... I said thanks , delighted when asked .... I asked would I bring son along , answer , of course ,she mentioned what’s for dinner 🥘 ðŸ™႒, I just happened to mention son doesn’t like it . Maybe something handy , small , instead , not wanting to put her out , she says , well if he doesn’t like it , she can’t give him one thing and her own the dinner planned .... thought ok , fair enough , was very decent , to ask us , then she says , sure if he doesn’t eat it ( as he won’t ) you can get him a chicken roll on the way home ..

I just feel if the shoe was on the other foot , and I knew one of her kids didn’t like what I was cooking , I think I would probably cook something they did like? Rather than the “ chicken roll” suggestion ....

Overthinking it I know , wondered what people thought ...

Jesus.. how do I say this without coming across as mean but really you need to get over yourself

Case of damned if you do damned if you don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

In the Personal Issues forum you don't get to dictate what anyone does or doesn't post. Or what is drama or not. A poster is entitled to their feelings and ask advice on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

I actually don’t think it’s unfair or unhelpful at all. The OP created entirely unnecessary drama with his sister and on this thread, was dismissive of anyone who disagreed with them (practically to the point of rudeness). And changed his story towards the end of the thread.

I think it would be good if he remembered not to overreact the next time he doesn’t get his way.

Ah get a grip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,441 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Ah so nice thanks ... I will also apologise to her as well .. just wasn’t thinking properly ... everyday is a school day !!!! That’s why I love boards .. great to put things in perspective ..thank you

Well that was quickest turnaround on boards ever.

Fair play to you.

I regret being so blunt now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭anewme

The bigger issue for the lad and may be worth focussing on is if he eats a lot of unhealthy processed junk.

Chicken fillet rolls, frozen chicken nuggets, sausages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

So you created drama over nothing, and wasted everyone’s time. Fantastic.

Not a bit .... I appreciated the common sense suggestions and thoughts and changed my view to what I thought was the correct thing to do based on that advice , and things turned out superbly .. sorry to see your view , everyone is different thanks , P

amdublin wrote: »
    Holy god qwerty that is unfair and unhelpful.

The op asked for advice. In the end all worked out ok - good!

Your right indeed. Your opinion is absolutely correct. Thank you . P

I actually don’t think it’s unfair or unhelpful at all. The OP created entirely unnecessary drama with his sister and on this thread, was dismissive of anyone who disagreed with them (practically to the point of rudeness). And changed his story towards the end of the thread.

I think it would be good if he remembered not to overreact the next time he doesn’t get his way.

Completely incorrect. You seem rather dismissive yourself. Try be kind and thoughtful like me , life will feel better indeed. Wish you the very best .
    P

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    You’re the one creating drama and overreacting, mate.

I concur.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭Tork

Paddy... I... hope you don't punctuate...your sentences..with all those full stops... in real life or you might get recognised....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Mod note:

Thread locked as the OPs issue is now resolved.

However I am disappointed in the standard of some of the posts here. Posters are reminded that in PI, you must only post if you have constructive advice to offer. A certain standard of posting is also expected here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement