Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council house non tenant

Options
  • 29-02-2020 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

My local council bought a derelict house last year and has done nothing with it. It would be an ideal house for me and my partner to purchase and renovate for my mam as it is down the road from me. They only bought it as it was all over grown and the banks had it for over 10years. Just wondering as i dont have a council house myself can i appoach the council to sell that house to me or do they only sell to tenants. We are south east

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

cnm wrote: »
    My local council bought a derelict house last year and has done nothing with it. It would be an ideal house for me and my partner to purchase and renovate for my mam as it is down the road from me. They only bought it as it was all over grown and the banks had it for over 10years. Just wondering as i dont have a council house myself can i appoach the council to sell that house to me or do they only sell to tenants. We are south east

Get onto your local politician, it's their job to find out for you.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

When councils CPO a derelict property they either refurb it for social housing use (which can have a long lead time) or sort out title and sell it on the open market if unsuited for social use for whatever reason.

The councils housing department should be able to tell you which is the plan.

Advertisement