Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Shock Poll' Sinn Fein now on 35%

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

baldbear wrote: »
    These numbers mean nothing.FF have the most seats.SF second and can't form a government.
    FF/FG will do a deal and see the next 5 years out.

Ceann comhairle can't vote and if the allegations that he wrote a letter of good character for a paedo I don't think he's going to be around for long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

So why did Mary Lou tell us all she will try form a government without FFG and is still saying it????

Can you not see you are basically backing up that she was and is lying??

I am after telling you that SF members have acknowledged that government formation without FF or FG is impossible. Eoin O Broin is on record of saying this. I suggest you actually take the time to read what is posted instead of making up stuff that you think was said.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

6 wrote: »
    If nobody will go in with SF, then FF and FG should just get it done. SF can't get a government together.

Keep the economy ticking along as is and sort out housing and most people will be reasonably happy. No one government will sort out health but hopefully some changes can be made, add more beds etc.

FG won't sort housing, would burn down every local authority house if the could,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Tomorrow's sindo apparently is to reveal that the shinners created Corona virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,449 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I am after telling you that SF members have acknowledged that government formation without FF or FG is impossible. Eoin O Broin is on record of saying this. I suggest you actually take the time to read what is posted instead of making up stuff that you think was said.

I heard Mary Lou 2 days ago saying she is trying to form a government without FF and FG.

Once again ill ask you, if the numbers aren't there why is she still trying to do this?

Is she bad at maths or is she lying?

Please answer my question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭baldbear

Mary Lou has to be seen as trying to form a government without the FF/Fg brigade. Everyone knows it's BS and won't happen.
    Options are a SF/FF government (won't happen)
    Another election (won't happen as FF/FG know this will lead to more SF seats and no easy government formation.
    Or a deal with FF/FF with a few yes men (easily bought) that will last the full term. Now when this happens we will see a lot of goodies that these guys will hope will bring back some voters from SF. Maybe even a rent freeze?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,095 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

FG won't sort housing, would burn down every local authority house if the could,

They had 10 years to burn them down, and they failed miserably.

Census of Population 2016 - Profile 1 Housing in Ireland

Tenure & Rent

Changes in Rent, Home Ownership and Mortgages
    Rented households approach the half million mark
    Rented accommodation has continued its upward trend with 497,111 households renting, an increase of 4.7 per cent on 2011. This meant that renting was the tenure status for almost 30 per cent of all of occupied dwellings in the last census.

Renting from a local authority showed the largest increase, up 11 per cent from 129,033 in 2011 to 143,178 in 2016. The number of households which were rented either from a private landlord or voluntary body rose by 2 per cent from 320,319 in 2011 to 326,493 in 2016.

I heard Mary Lou 2 days ago saying she is trying to form a government without FF and FG.

Once again ill ask you, if the numbers aren't there why is she still trying to do this?

Both.

Mary Lou has to be seen as trying to form a government without the FF/Fg brigade. Everyone knows it's BS and won't happen.
    Another election (won't happen as FF/FG know this will lead to more SF seats and no easy government formation.
    Or a deal with FF/FF with a few yes men (easily bought) that will last the full term. Now when this happens we will see a lot of goodies that these guys will hope will bring back some voters from SF. Maybe even a rent freeze?

So she's lying to the electorate.

Thanks for clearing that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

theres this thing I do called 'thinking'. When I do that, I can see what she's saying - basically a left leading government.

• Advertisement

You seem to have some sort of weird fetish for Mary Lou, I suggest you contact her constituency office and pose your questions to her . I don't speak for her . I have already as have many other posters told you the numbers ain't there for her to form a government. Now if I have used any big words you don't understand ask an adult to simplify it for you.

maccored wrote: »
    theres this thing I do called 'thinking'. When I do that, I can see what she's saying - basically a left leading government.

Are the numbers there for that?

So she's lying to the electorate.

Thanks for clearing that up.

She's not lying. But look I'm going to be a millionaire if possible by 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,557 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

If they don't try they'll be destroyed next election, so imo there'll be a house building boom the next 3 or 4 years.

You seem to have some sort of weird fetish for Mary Lou, I suggest you contact her constituency office and pose your questions to her . I don't speak for her . I have already as have many other posters told you the numbers ain't there for her to form a government. Now if I have used any big words you don't understand ask an adult to simplify it for you.

So you can't answer my question so you resort to insults.

As I said she has lied and is still lying by stating she's trying to form a government without FF and FG.

Because as you have just said, it's impossible.

That's your words.

I think that's settled unless you want to throw anymore insults my way?

Are the numbers there for that?

a left leading government? ie - are there more people in a SF lead left grouping than FF or FG?

Were you saying Mary Lou couldnt do maths?

That would be the 14 Greens. Maybe not so easily bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

RWCNT wrote: »
    Will soon shake your windows and rattle your walls, cos the tiiimes, they are a changin'

About as impressive a rise as that of the NSDAP going from 18.25% to 37.27% in 18 months on the back of anger at the fat cat bankers and exhaustion of patience with the out of touch politicians. The media will bring up their violent past, but the public will be able to look beyond these lies and deceptions for houses, fair wages, and the long awaited return of the free city of Derry.

The media will bring up their violent past, but the public will be able to

"... recognise bull**** when they hear it"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

What exactly is a, Behaviour and Attitudes pill?

Never heard of it before ?

Three things.,

FG don’t care what happens would like to see a SF government fail and be revealed as charlatans, this removing them as a good alternative.

SF want to manipulate the vote to pretend they have more than a 1 in 4 mandate

In a second vote, the 35% that stayed at home could change the outcome significantly.

• Advertisement

So you can't answer my question so you resort to insults.

As I said she has lied and is still lying by stating she's trying to form a government without FF and FG.

Because as you have just said, it's impossible.

That's your words.

I think that's styled unless you want to throw anymore insults my way?

Telling you to get a adult to explain the big words was not an insult tbh. You have been told by multiple posters across multiple threads that the numbers are not there for SF to form a government yet like a child you ignored every single comment telling you this. So basically you act like a child expect to be treated like one.

About as impressive a rise as that of the NSDAP going from 18.25% to 37.27% in 18 months on the back of anger at the fat cat bankers and exhaustion of patience with the out of touch politicians. The media will bring up their violent past, but the public will be able to look beyond these lies and deceptions for houses, fair wages, and the long awaited return of the free city of Derry.

I fear for the poor media. Any journalist who publishes something not nice about SF will find their life is made a misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

L1011 wrote: »
    Mary Lou is, always has been, and always will be spoofing.

Ex FFer that jumped to something that could get her elected.

It's reassuring to see the thread moderated with impartiality.

Telling you to get a adult to explain the big words was not an insult tbh. You have been told by multiple posters across multiple threads that the numbers are not there for SF to form a government yet like a child you ignored every single comment telling you this. So basically you act like a child expect to be treated like one.

So mary Lou is lying when she's saying she's trying to form a government without FF and FG as the numbers aren't there??

Once again thanks for clearing that up.

She is lying to the electorate.

That would be the 14 Greens. Maybe not so easily bought.

FF/fg have 70. They could look at the technical group of 9 and the 2 Healy brothers. Or just go straight after the greens which would be a clearer route. The greens will be easily bought.

It's reassuring to see the thread moderated with impartiality.

They aren't the mod of this forum

FF/fg have 70. They could look at the technical group of 9 and the 2 Healy brothers. Or just go straight after the greens which would be a clearer route. The greens will be easily bought.

With such a strong position they could name their price. The wolves will be back.

So mary Lou is lying when she's saying she's trying to form a government without FF and FG as the numbers aren't there??

Jeez would you stop. She's talking ****e. She knows it. We know it. It's for appearances.

I didn't clear anything up for you, as you be will at the exact same carry on tomorrow and the next day. Your behaviour is actually pathetic, I really hope you're not an adult with responsibility for others.

• Advertisement

It's not lying but it's also not possible.

All parties are posturing at the moment.

Advertisement