Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Shock Poll' Sinn Fein now on 35%

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

ted1 wrote: »
    But 2 are centre with similar policies and 1 is left with policies that are off the wall.

A mandate for housing and health yet they come out if the blocks chasing a untied Ireland. Then it’s discovered that Northern Ireland where SF are in power has the mostly homeless deaths in the uk

Northern Ireland has the most homeless deaths in the uk? How do u compare that please? Northern Ireland is 6 counties so do you compare that to groupings of six counties in Wales or Yorkshire? Can you please back up that statement with evidence and an explanation of how its calculated. If you were comparing cities like lets say Balfast then I think Manchester had the most homeless deaths in 2019. So a source please and thank you.

I do not trust polls myself. They can be manipulated by clever clogs to one end or another with the intention of sucking in undecided voters.

They were scary accurate before the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I’m up in Belfast for the weekend. Let’s hope a SF government in the Republic will do a better job on tackling homelessness than they’ve done in Northern Ireland. Christ, it’s bad up here. Hundreds of people sleeping rough in a small cold city.

We all know SF could not implement all their populist and economically ruinous policies. It’s the issues they decide to focus on that will be under immediate attention - rough sleepers, attracting healthcare professionals, getting rid of local property tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Who is ranting or hammering out words? Just because someone has a different point of view doesn’t mean you think you can shout it down with accusations

I didn't say you were - sorry if you took me up wrong, I said quite clearly:
    They have 37 seats, so think about that and take it into consideration before making your post anything other than a load of nonsensical ranting before you start hammering out words on your keyboard.
    Which to be fair you seem not to have.
    To form a government SF need to talk to parties, so far they have talked to RTÉ and nobody else, they have zero interest. This is clear to any person that’s not ranting and raving

SF manifesto is a pile of poo, nothing can be delivered so SF are holding back hoping that FF/FG do form a government and they will throw s**t for the next 5 years

How do people not see this?

As I said I want SF in now, let them try and run a country, the only evidence we have so far is up the Northand they made a complete balls of that

Also this being together ireland is pure BS, we can’t afford to pay for Northern Ireland ....it would send us into another recession, let the UK keep that basket case

You haven't been reading the news this past few weeks then, no?

Sinn Féin and Greens hold mammoth meeting

Sinn Féin meets with Rural Independents and Social Democrats today

Sinn Féin host 'constructive' talks with Greens and PBP

So, let's see.... They've met with the greens, the socdems, independents and PBP.

they haven't met with labour, FF/FG - all of which have categorically ruled out any coalition with SF.

Who else do you think they should have met may I ask?

Now repeat after me.

The.

Numbers.

Are not there.

For any govt to be formed

That doesn't include FF/FG.

and as FF/FG went home with the ball.

That makes any notion of SF forming a govt without then pretty much impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Leo has been going around since the election with his head still in the clouds, nearly accepting that being voted in to opposition and head of it, with a FF/SF Govt the only reality that could be portrayed. That's what he has been espousing anyway. He has been saying that as if it's a victory somehow!
    Simon has been on TV a lot lately with the corona virus thing, what used to be Mr FG positive has suddenly turned into little boy lost, he exudes no confidence anymore.
    The rest of FG are unusually quiet.
    MM looks like he is fighting a losing battle and like a man that has accepted that the great FF revival is not going to happen, FG are going to have to be his saviour, and it's killing him.
    SF are exuding confidence, saying all the right things, going out meeting people and MLMD is cool and keeping the pressure on the others.
    Not hard to see why the others are dropping down and SF are growing imo.

• Advertisement

I’m up in Belfast for the weekend. Let’s hope a SF government in the Republic will do a better job on tackling homelessness than they’ve done in Northern Ireland. Christ, it’s bad up here. Hundreds of people sleeping rough in a small cold city.

We all know SF could not implement all their populist and economically ruinous policies. It’s the issues they decide to focus on that will be under immediate attention - rough sleepers, attracting healthcare professionals, getting rid of local property tax.

Absolute shyte talking of the highest order, I have an office based just off the Ormeau road in the Holylands area, and do be up there several times a month both midweek and weekend with work, and people sleeping on the streets in Belfast is barely noticeable in comparison to the levels you see in Dublin where we also have offices. Am I saying there's no rough sleepers in Belfast? No, absolutely not. I'm saying there's nowhere near the same level of homelessness evident on the streets compared to Dublin, and you'll be hard pressed to spot a zombie junkie there compared to tripping over them in Dublin.

Where did you spot these hundreds of rough sleepers btw? What street was this on?

You are a spoofer of the highest order, calling out your shyte here and now.

Did you ever throw up a screenshot of the cash out bet only you seemed to have been able the avail of btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

New slogan

"PIP provos in power"

Rufeo wrote: »
    New slogan

"PIP provos in power"

War is over man, move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

McMurphy wrote: »
    Absolute shyte talking of the highest order, I have an office based just off the Ormeau road in the Holylands area, and do be up there several times a month both midweek and weekend with work, and people sleeping on the streets in Belfast is barely noticeable in comparison to the levels you see in Dublin where we also have offices.

Did you ever throw up a screenshot of the cash out bet only you seemed to have been able the avail of btw?

He's looking at the world through FinnerVision.Objects/items/reality may appear different to how they really are.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,095 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Sinn Fein won the election. Sinn Fein won the latest newspaper poll. What are they going to do with their victories?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

there has to be another election, let SF get their full mandate and they'll have the country fixed in no time.

They will in their ****e :pac:, they are more likely to ruin the country

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Sinn Fein won the election. Sinn Fein won the latest newspaper poll. What are they going to do with their victories?

Or maybe what are FF and FG going to do about their losses?

As another poster said, manifestos are generally ignored, and the media message and events dictate a lot of what influences voters. If 10 homeless people die this month in Dublin or Belfast, all the best researched data would count for nothing.

Still, at least one publication seems to have information that the homeless crisis in the North is actually very serious.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/northern-ireland-homeless-deaths-account-for-quarter-of-uk-figures-38642522.html

Northern Ireland homeless deaths account for quarter of UK figures

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

They don't have the NUMBERS to form a left wing government.
    Getting into government at present will REQUIRE either FF or FG to coalition.
    BOTH of those parties have refused to meet SF.

It's not SF that's preventing government formation, it's FFFG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I didn't say you were - sorry if you took me up wrong, I said quite clearly:

Which to be fair you seem not to have.

You haven't been reading the news this past few weeks then, no?

Sinn Féin and Greens hold mammoth meeting

Sinn Féin meets with Rural Independents and Social Democrats today

Sinn Féin host 'constructive' talks with Greens and PBP

So, let's see.... They've met with the greens, the socdems, independents and PBP.

they haven't met with labour, FF/FG - all of which have categorically ruled out any coalition with SF.

Who else do you think they should have met may I ask?

Now repeat after me.

The.

Numbers.

Are not there.

For any govt to be formed

That doesn't include FF/FG.

and as FF/FG went home with the ball.

That makes any notion of SF forming a govt without then pretty much impossible.

If your incapable of posting on a forum with any manners then why bother?

Hiding behind a keyboard, your probably one of those people firing abuse on Twitter, meet in person and you hide in cornor

Sad

BluePlanet wrote: »

It's the 50 TD's who don't belong to SF, FF or FG that are preventing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

They will in their ****e :pac:, they are more likely to ruin the country
    well quite. but at least that will put the brave new dawn crap to bed.

Tell RTÉ about it

FF talked to SF right at the start, straight after Mary Lou walked out and started shouting about her demands to RTÉ

All bluster

I said it that day it was the end of any chance FF would go near her, nobody in FF spoke to RTÉ. That was all SF....All Mary Lou and she knew what she wa doing, FG already said they would go into opposition

If your incapable of posting on a forum with any manners then why bother?

Hiding behind a keyboard, your probably one of those people firing abuse on Twitter, meet in person and you hide in cornor

Sad

You posted a load of nonsense, got called out on it - and are now whinging about me having no manners?

You're having a laugh right?

I even had the courtesy to correct you where you seemed to have misinterpreted my post you quoted, and went on to acknowledge your post as not ranting.

Facts don't seem to be your friend however, but when presented with facts you seemingly weren't aware of, or were conveniently ignoring, it might stand over you more to acknowledge them, perhaps discuss/try and counter them rather than running off with the ball under your arm screaming I'm unmannerly, of which I was absolutely not.

Textbook example of someone not wanting to/able to stand over what they're spouting when presented with contrary evidence.

It's not surprising though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Absolute shyte talking of the highest order, I have an office based just off the Ormeau road in the Holylands area, and do be up there several times a month both midweek and weekend with work, and people sleeping on the streets in Belfast is barely noticeable in comparison to the levels you see in Dublin where we also have offices. Am I saying there's no rough sleepers in Belfast? No, absolutely not. I'm saying there's nowhere near the same level of homelessness evident on the streets compared to Dublin, and you'll be hard pressed to spot a zombie junkie there compared to tripping over them in Dublin.

Where did you spot these hundreds of rough sleepers btw? What street was this on?

Calm down, Murphy, sheesh. Don’t let all this sort of thing get you hot under the collar. It’s a Sunday.

All around Brunswick Street, Franklin Street etc. City centre. Almost every doorway had people sleeping rough.

You posted a load of nonsense, got called out on it - and are now whinging about me having no manners?

I even had the courtesy to correct you where you seemed to have misinterpreted my post you quoted, and went on to acknowledge your post as not ranting.

Facts don't seem to be your friend however, but when presented with facts you seemingly weren't aware of, or were conveniently ignoring, it might stand over you more to acknowledge them, perhaps discuss/try and counter them rather than running off with the ball under your arm screaming I'm unmannerly, of which I was absolutely not.

Textbook example of someone not wanting to/able to stand over what they're spouting when presented with contrary evidence.

Facts are good. Your personal observation of rough sleepers in Belfast and Dublin are just observations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭HBC08

Did you tell Mary Lou that?????

She told us she was trying to form a government with other left wing parties.

Are you calling her a liar???

You just said the numbers aren't there.

You or Mary Lou are obviously spoofing.

Which one is it?

Erm,it's Mary Lou

You don't have a clue about how parliamentary democracy work, do you?

All bluster, your don’t know the meaning of the word courtesy....look at your first post

Big man on a computer, you can always spot your type...

I think a recent podcast said it well, the village idiot who would be in the bar and you just walked into the lounge to get away from him/her, now the village idiot has a forum to shout at everyone....best description ever given by Bernard Jackman

You don't have a clue about how parliamentary democracy work, do you?

You don’t need any clue about politics when you can just shout at everyone....that’s seems to be the new mantra

You don’t need any clue about politics when you can just shout at everyone....that’s seems to be the new mantra

No one's shouting.we're democratically kicking out FFG. The people have realised they don't have a clue how to run a country. No it's Sulky Leo and his stooges who are sour.

Facts are good. Your personal observation of rough sleepers in Belfast and Dublin are just observations.

Facts? Like the fact that homeless levels had their largest gain on record after the election?clueless.

I have to say SFs social media brainwashing is impressive, Goebbels would be impressed.

• Advertisement

I have to say SFs social media brainwashing is impressive, Goebbels would be impressed.

Hahahaha it's Sinn Fein's fault people hate ffg.

Advertisement