Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Shock Poll' Sinn Fein now on 35%

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    All bluster, your don’t know the meaning of the word courtesy....look at your first post

Big man on a computer, you can always spot your type...

I think a recent podcast said it well, the village idiot who would be in the bar and you just walked into the lounge to get away from him/her, now the village idiot has a forum to shout at everyone....best description ever given by Bernard Jackman

I think I can chalk future posts from yourself down for what they are, load of guff from a clearly misinformed poster who thinks they know more than they let on.

There's a report function on this site, kindly feel free to use it if you think I was not being mannerly or courteous and I'll fight my own corner in the process which will follow if the powers that be agree with you. I think I'll be waiting a while though.

How and ever, as it stands - you posted a load of misinformed BS - got called out on it with links and news articles to back up what I was saying.

Now with a severe lack of coherent counter argument, run away implying you were bullied or someone said something nasty to you.

Like I said, not surprising really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

smurgen wrote: »
    No one's shouting.we're democratically kicking out FFG. The people have realised they don't have a clue how to run a country. No it's Sulky Leo and his stooges who are sour.

I think the best reply was done by Waterford whispers

https://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2020/02/17/24-of-electorate-that-voted-sinn-fein-under-impression-100-of-nation-voted-for-party/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,095 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Facts? Like the fact that homeless levels had their largest gain on record after the election?clueless.

Discount any of that if you saw it in the media.

I have to say SFs social media brainwashing is impressive, Goebbels would be impressed.

If this was a FG thread anyone that would be positive towards FG would be accused of been part of the FG media team

Yet we had thread on here with one to two posters with over 30-40% of posts, 400 posts on a single thread in support of SF and not a whisper

It’s seems a bit of double standards

Get in Sinn Fein, they will be f**ked out in the first 12-15 months then we won’t have to listen to this bluster anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

No one's shouting.we're democratically kicking out FFG. The people have realised they don't have a clue how to run a country. No it's Sulky Leo and his stooges who are sour.
    No idea how to run a country? they've been doing for decades and while the place is far from perfect the hyperbole dosnt help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

In your own words tell us why SF are +10 right now while FFFG are both -2.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Very interesting poll.

FF+FG+Greens will get a move on now.

Or do they trigger a 2nd GE and let SF take government next time around...not a great time to be in government I would imagine.

That said, no FFG TD will vote to risk their newly won seat especially when SF might run 2 candidates in their constituency next time around.

May you live in interesting times...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

No idea how to run a country? they've been doing for decades and while the place is far from perfect the hyperbole dosnt help

You're fine for hyperbole as longs as it's against other parties.you can't handle it against ffg. The problem with the content classes is they no longer have the demographics therefore change is inevitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Most don't care about how realistic manifestos are or even read them.

It's all about the messaging

Is any of them realistic ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

Hard to believe these numbers after last mays local election . Charlie Flanagan and his proposed March for the Black and Tans started this juggernaut... hard to credit such an anti nationalist individual could have had this impact in Sinn Féin’s rise to the top .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

You're fine for hyperbole as longs as it's against other parties.you can't handle it against ffg. The problem with the content classes is they no longer have the demographics therefore change is inevitable.

I'm not a FFG voter. and i do think SF should have a crack of the whip. i just dont think FFG are as bad as is being made out and I dont think SF are the answer to the discontented class's prayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Does anyone on this thread really want a left wing Government?

I suspect most of those new SF voters just did it to give FF and FG a bit of a kicking and haven't a clue what SF policies are on anything.

They should be careful what they wish for.

I suspect most of those new SF voters just did it to give FF and FG a bit of a kicking and haven't a clue what SF policies are on anything.

I want a left wing government for once.it's clear to me that the days of crony capitalism are over and we need a new mindset for the new challenges we face.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Just to point out to those who think the only way is up for SF, FF was on 32% in January in the same poll.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I don't give a flying fcuk if its Left wing, Right wing, Up wing, Down wing.

I just want a government that is honourable, not corrupt, not self-serving, not wasteful, has vision, straight talking, works hard, fires crap senior public servants, admits mistakes, does the right thing not the vote getting thing, not cronyist....I could on.

Kinda unlike what FF and FG did for the past few decades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

hurler32 wrote: »
    Hard to believe these numbers after last mays local election . Charlie Flanagan and his proposed March for the Black and Tans started this juggernaut... hard to credit such an anti nationalist individual could have had this impact in Sinn Féin’s rise to the top .

Flanagan and Bruton revealed they true face of FG2020. People were appalled. FG are now seen for e we get they are: a quasi Tory Party.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

meeeeh wrote: »
    Just to point out to those who think the only way is up for SF, FF was on 32% in January in the same poll.

Yeah, it's absolutely bad news ahead for SF. It just gets worse and worse for them eh?

Majority haven’t a clue what a left wing or right wing are....

It’s been shown that majority of the “new” SF voters had no idea what was in manifesto, who the SF “politicians” they voted for are.

That why better to stick SF in now, put them in, let them f**k it up or we will be listening to this s**t for 5 years....

KWAG2019 wrote: »
    Flanagan and Bruton revealed they true face of FG2020. People were appalled. FG are now seen for e we get they are: a quasi Tory Party.

What I think is hilarious is the complete lack of understanding of what happened with the FFG fanboys. They kept saying after the election that SF new voters were fickle and that it was a borrowed vote while ignoring the fact that all votes are borrowed. Their old fan base is no longer reliable to them a fact they cannot digest.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Yeah, it's absolutely bad news ahead for SF. It just gets worse and worse for them eh?

That type of reply is typical for people who follow this stuff like an excited puppy only when they get the news they like to hear.

It's a good poll for SF if election was tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I want a left wing government for once.it's clear to me that the days of crony capitalism are over and we need a new mindset for the new challenges we face.

If you don’t think europes most generous welfare state and an untouchable union controlled civil service and a widely abused free health and transport system and a 52% marginal tax rate kicking in at 32k is left wing then im afraid of what kind of government you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

McMurphy wrote: »
    Now repeat after me.

The.

Numbers.

Are not there.

For any govt to be formed

That doesn't include FF/FG.

That makes any notion of SF forming a govt without then pretty much impossible.

Oh if only they had had you in their midst to tell them that the first week after the election.
    https://www.businesspost.ie/columnists/sinn-fein-wasting-our-time-with-quest-for-government-of-the-left-9b85e6e9

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Oh if only they had had you in their midst to tell them that the first week after the election.
    https://www.businesspost.ie/columnists/sinn-fein-wasting-our-time-with-quest-for-government-of-the-left-9b85e6e9

Pat Rabbite?

I'll pass, but thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

What I think is hilarious is the complete lack of understanding of what happened with the FFG fanboys. They kept saying after the election that SF new voters were fickle and that it was a borrowed vote while ignoring the fact that all votes are borrowed. Their old fan base is no longer reliable to them a fact they cannot digest.

Of course they are fickle.

Sinn Fein did disastrously in the European Elections. Disastrously in the local elections. In the last presidential election they were about as much a threat as Renua.

People who dislike Sinn Fein are not necessarily FFG fanboys. Presumably some are, but many aren't. By many I mean the vast majority of the country who would not vote Sinn Fein.

Just because you are a fanboy of a particular party doesn't mean that everyone is.

If you don’t think europes most generous welfare state and an untouchable union controlled civil service and a widely abused free health and transport system and a 52% marginal tax rate kicking in at 32k is left wing then im afraid of what kind of government you want.

You're not giving the full picture.we also have one of the highest proportion of low paid workers in Europe. The second highest average cost in Europe(27% higher than the EU average).Our country has been disastrously mismanaged by FFG and now the cosy cartel will be ripped apart.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0226/1117715-cso-measuring-progress/

https://www.thejournal.ie/workers-in-ireland-on-low-pay-4764896-Aug2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I don't give a flying fcuk if its Left wing, Right wing, Up wing, Down wing.

I just want a government that is honourable, not corrupt, not self-serving, not wasteful, has vision, straight talking, works hard, fires crap senior public servants, admits mistakes, does the right thing not the vote getting thing, not cronyist....I could on.

Kinda unlike what FF and FG did for the past few decades.

Ha if you think SF will fire public servants you just proved you haven't a clue what they are on about.

Also they are very vague how all these changes they promise would be paid for, or did you not know that either.

I think in a way it would be quite entertaining to see SF write the budget. Especially if Brexit goes bananas already in the summer.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Really?

When has Mary Lou gone to any party, any party about forming a government

Honestly mate, you should just hold your hand up and say, "I got this wrong, thanks for pointing it out."

Going on the attack and not recognising mistakes has already cost FFG a lot. Their social media team should be focussed on the good they could do, rather than the negative politics we're watching today.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Of course they are fickle.

Sinn Fein did disastrously in the European Elections. Disastrously in the local elections. In the last presidential election they were about as much a threat as Renua.

People who dislike Sinn Fein are not necessarily FFG fanboys. Presumably some are, but many aren't. By many I mean the vast majority of the country who would not vote Sinn Fein.

Just because you are a fanboy of a particular party doesn't mean that everyone is.

SF growing their vote to a putative 35% surely means that you can no longer depend on that statement - 'that the vast majority would not vote for SF'?

Talk of ceilings on their vote is not tenable at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,835 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

RWCNT wrote: »
    Will soon shake your windows and rattle your walls, cos the tiiimes, they are a changin'

The problem is there never is any accountability from SF for those who have done the shaking of those doors and walls. Rattling of windows and more.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Advertisement