Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Priti Patel - workplace bully?

Options
  • 29-02-2020 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭

Christ I thought the comments about basically starving out Ireland over brexit were bad...now seems to be a horrendous bully can't say I am surprised, seems like a truly horrible person.
    Still doubt she will be forced out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

you would though

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Her very presence exposes so many racists on the left who only use migrants and people of colour as pawns to further their own agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Her very presence exposes so many racists on the left who only use migrants and people of colour as pawns to further their own agenda.

The left in the UK (and the US for that matter) are drenched in Identity Politics...they are getting bogged down in what to call people with penises.

I'm not even kidding.

Politics in the UK is starting to get bumpy, it is probably necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

gmisk wrote: »
    Christ I thought the comments about basically starving out Ireland over brexit were bad...now seems to be a horrendous bully can't say I am surprised, seems like a truly horrible person.

Well her secret meetings with the government of Israel in 2017 didn't stop her getting a cabinet position position in 2019

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

gmisk wrote: »

What are you on about? Link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

you would though

I was all aboard the " what a cvnt but I definitely would" train till the other day someone put a load of pictures on twitter of her standing beside actual full sized humans and shes bloody tiny. Not sure if it was the particular pictures but she looked oddly disproportionately tiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭AllForIt

This is noting more than a extension of remainers continuing their dissatisfaction with Brexit.

I read on the Brexit politics forum someone say that 'she's really horrible'. By what evidence could anyone legit-ably say that. Her TV appearances? Or do they have some inside information? Hardly.

She absolutely has made some gaffs, but this evil-izing of her is I think way OTT and as I said an extension of some ppl being completely against a Brexit government. Even when it's going to happen. Pathetic loosers imo.

Boris has been evil-ized, Cummings ( what an act, fair play), Mogg is way too posh, and all of that type of nonsense.

Patel is obviously of Indian heritage. If I were Cumming I would turn this around to racial hatred. Because that's the kind of underhand games remainers are playing.

Funny how everyone is just racist or mysognistic when the right need a way to deflect from the likes of Patel being a clearly dislikable and doing things to **** all over the easily attacked members of society.

Yet when neither of those things can be used, like when people say the same things about Reese-Mogg, it's just ignored.

Maybe people aren't being racist and instead they just dont like people being cvnts to others.

AllForIt wrote: »

Patel is obviously of Indian heritage. If I were Cumming I would turn this around to racial hatred. Because that's the kind of underhand games remainers are playing.

"The peasants are revolting, quick, let's ignore all the white men the dont like and focus one the ethnic woman they also dont like and cry racism to deflect" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,095 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

A lot will depend on how quickly his claim can be processed by whatever sort of body deals with such claims. I don't know if it is the law courts or something else. If their decision is quick and damning, she might have to go, even with Boris being so dismissive of the normal way of doing things. She lost a previous position, because she broke the rules in another area.

I am making this statement now because I will be issuing a claim against the Home Office for constructive dismissal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

What has her race got to do with anything. If she bullies someone it should be investigated.

Leave her alone because she is of Indian decent?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

She got demoted before because of her meeting with the Israelies, was surprised Johnson gave her a second chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭macwal

I was all aboard the " what a cvnt but I definitely would" train till the other day someone put a load of pictures on twitter of her standing beside actual full sized humans and shes bloody tiny. Not sure if it was the particular pictures but she looked oddly disproportionately tiny.

Maybe she was just standing far away...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

She got demoted before because of her meeting with the Israelies, was surprised Johnson gave her a second chance.

She was the home secretary that was needed to keep the xenophobic voters happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Michelinextra.

Rainbow Cabinet

It's like man u used to always have a couple of Paddy's on the team

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Funny how everyone is just racist or mysognistic when the right need a way to deflect from the likes of Patel being a clearly dislikable and doing things to **** all over the easily attacked members of society.

Yet when neither of those things can be used, like when people say the same things about Reese-Mogg, it's just ignored.

Maybe people aren't being racist and instead they just dont like people being cvnts to others.

Clearly dislikable? Isn't that just subjective. Just like Thatcher was 'a horrible b**ch', but was adored by others.

If you have some inside information on this I'm all ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I think she's 5'6'', decent enough height for a woman of her seed and vintage? She certainly is beautiful, but I would say a very flawed person. :pac:

What has her race got to do with anything. If she bullies someone it should be investigated.

Leave her alone because she is of Indian decent?

It's possible that she has some sort of weird, post-colonial mindset that Orwell would probably have seen in Burma back in the day, where the natives don the uniform of the oppressor and go "Look! I'm as good as you, I can be horrible to brown people too!!" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

She is POC and woman, check your privileges in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Right, so all the complaints about her from different people going back several years in different departments about being a two faced lying cow is some mad Remainer conspiracy. Okay then.

She is a nasty piece of work.

jimgoose wrote: »
    It's possible that she has some sort of weird, post-colonial mindset that Orwell would probably have seen in Burma back in the day, where the natives don the uniform of the oppressor and go "Look! I'm as good as you, I can be horrible to brown people too!!" :pac:

It's basically trying to be more Roman than the Romans. The worst kind.

She worked and lobbied on behalf of the tobacco industry for years. Says it all really.

BJ wants to a cabinet of loyal puppy dogs to do his nasty work- she fits the bill perfectly.

biko wrote: »
    She is POC and woman, check your privileges in this thread.

Whatever about my "privileges", she's definitely a quare class of a hawkl. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

I wish we had someone of her character (and Cummings) in our Cabinet (and Civil Service).
    She's great.
    Even the subtle way she uses the term 'police force' rather than 'police service' - gives an indication that the softly softly approach is out the window.

Diceicle wrote: »
    I wish we had someone of her character (and Cummings) in our Cabinet (and Civil Service).
    She's great.
    Even the subtle way she uses the term 'police force' rather than 'police service' - gives an indication that the softly softly approach is out the window.

What has she achieved to make her so great in your mind?

Politicians come and go. She will be back in the back benches before Christmas and Cummings will be back superblogging in his urine stained tracksuits bottoms before long.

The way she has gone about her business is all wrong and shows a remarkable degree of naivety- basically pissing off everyone she needs to help bring in policy like a bull in a china shop.

Rutnam came out and called her a straight up liar and he has been in the game a lot longer than Patel.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Clearly dislikable? Isn't that just subjective. Just like Thatcher was 'a horrible b**ch', but was adored by others.

Cunts tend to like other cunts.

I suppose that's why some people like Priti Patel too.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Tony EH wrote: »
    Cunts tend to like other cunts.

I suppose that's why some people like Priti Patel too.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why do you describe her as a ****?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

splinter65 wrote: »
    Why do you describe her as a ****?

Because that's how she comes across. Very dislikable from what I've seen of her.

Or do you mean Thatcher? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Tony EH wrote: »
    Because that's how she comes across. Very dislikable from what I've seen of her.

Or do you mean Thatcher? :pac:

You mean she’s not interested in pussy footing around people who aren’t doing the job they’re highly paid to do so she’s a ****?

Advertisement