Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭crossman47

Slattsy wrote: »
    Great football.

Don't know. Looks much more like handball to me. Just turned it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Ballymun teaching the southsiders a lesson here. Playing quality football in the process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Kh1993

Paddy Small a class above. He’ll be a top level inter county player for a good 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Some hit! Yellow fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Some hit! Yellow fair.

Thought he was blessed to get yellow myself. Looks worse with every replay. Shoulder straight to the jaw. Couldnt have complained with a red.

Very enjoyable game so far. Ballymun playing like they have a extra man all over the pitch. Able to play out from the back with confidence, pressuring well up front and winning the middle third kicking some fine scores with it. Very impressive. If ever there was a team to make a case for a split club and county season, Ballymun are it. As much as I enjoy watching those lads doing their thing for Dublin, its great to see them in full flow for the club when in other years they were coming in tired and nowhere near full tilt after a tough county campaign.

Have no skin in the game but wanted to see Ballymun do it and they've been fantastic that first half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

They're making a good team look really ordinary.

Boden are really not helping themselves here at all. Some atrocious wides and decisions. Keeper have a mare from the kickouts, up there with Clarke.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,068 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Just stuck it on there. Was not expecting that scoreline.

Just stuck it on there. Was not expecting that scoreline.

Too busy drinking coffee..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,068 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Too busy drinking coffee..

Mainlining the Lyons gold blend today.

Did have a Ponaire connoisseur blend this morning though. So you're half right. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭mcgragger

Mun are so direct. Refreshing to see.
    Boden ****ing about when they get into attacking areas.
    They need to get a hold quick or there wont be enough time

Once the malaise sets in there's no coming back. Boden's heads have long dropped. It's turning in to a horror show.

The Boden keeper is having a kicking nightmare. He'd want to find a new barber too. I hope his hair do is the last of the mohicans.

Fair play to John Small burying Keaney to the deck. No harm at all as Keaney being dishing it out for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Some hit by John Small.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭mcgragger

Paddy Small gets off the deck after that.
    Machine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Fair play to John Small burying Keaney to the deck. No harm at all as Keaney being dishing it out for years.

That should be used on coaching videos all over the country. Timed to perfection and as clean a hit as you'll ever see. Great to see it executed so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Keaney seeing stars after that.

Fantastic shoulder.

Keaney seeing stars alright: and their all wearing Ballymun jerseys.

Congrats to Ballymun. Very worthy winners of the Dublin championship 2020.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Biggest margin in a final for a long time I think? Nice tribute to the Small family at the end. MDM is getting fierce fkn cranky in his old age. Was lucky to stay on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Bonniedog wrote:
    Biggest margin in a final for a long time I think? Nice tribute to the Small family at the end. MDM is getting fierce fkn cranky in his old age. Was lucky to stay on.

And not even a bar open to drown his sorrows

• Registered Users Posts: 18,774 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I was thinking Raheny would not have lost to Ballymun by that much. Boden seemed to lack the levels of fitness to keep closing down.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

I was thinking Raheny would not have lost to Ballymun by that much. Boden seemed to lack the levels of fitness to keep closing down.

What convinced me was indeed Boden's display against Raheny who no harm to them wouldn't even be senior anymore without the two Brians.

That and Ballymun beating Crokes after Crokes had hammered the bejesus out of Vinnies who had similarly hammered Clontarf.

Anyway, great to see. I'd fancy them to give Corofin a run for it if the club championship is ever finished. Or are they even planning to?

Just seen that Corofin got beaten today! That's as big a shock as Dublin losing Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Bonniedog wrote: »
    What convinced me was indeed Boden's display against Raheny who no harm to them wouldn't even be senior anymore without the two Brians.

That and Ballymun beating Crokes after Crokes had hammered the bejesus out of Vinnies who had similarly hammered Clontarf.

Anyway, great to see. I'd fancy them to give Corofin a run for it if the club championship is ever finished. Or are they even planning to?

Corofin were knocked out today. 49 games in Galway SFC finally over.

No provincial or AI club series this year. County championship.and that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Corofin were knocked out of Galway championship today

Felt really odd missing all these great games in Parnell. By instinct I wanted to travel down. First time it properly hit me.

Just seen that Corofin got beaten today! That's as big a shock as Dublin losing Leinster.

Think provincials won't be on? I was told Mountbellew beat Corofin.

None according to wirelessdude. I thought they might have been planning to start them after Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Squareball

Great article doing the rounds this morning about Macker

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/mccarthy-ballymun-win-means-as-much-as-any-dubs-success-39571111.html

So very refreshing hearing that from the man. I traveled back to Philadelphia after the 2017 county final, completely depressed thinking those same thoughts as Smally and Macker had. I became resentful of all the success of the county team, thinking it came, un-proportionally, at our expense. The performance on the field on Sunday, the pictures and comments afterwards made a lot of that go away. I still wonder what might have been but that’s for another time. What I have no doubt about is the joy I felt on Sunday was way ahead of anything I felt since 2012/2103.

Advertisement