Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Finally we get a free, should have had two before that.

ref eventually looses patience, Monaghan red, deserved

monaghan lads throwing toys now, in danger of throwing this away.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭mcgragger

Dublin are back to the dithery shite they were at for the first few league games

Deep trouble now for them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭rolling boh

a lifeline with the sending off

• Registered Users Posts: 18,781 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Dithery is right = but man up now. Still think Monaghan will see it out. Jayus McCarron - magic from him.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

posted too soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭MFPM

The defending today by Dublin is atrocious. That corner they turned seems a bit premature

McCarthy's indiscipline from last year continues.

Monaghan will cruise home.

another goal.

tactically fouling at every opportunity, realising that time is on their side and unlikely the ref will have the balls to issue a second red..

well he does, to Dublin.

Dublin for the talent they have don’t always appear the savviest of outfits, especially the more inexperienced lads.

Feck sake you would swear Dublin were a man down not a man up. Shameful stuff. Sums up the ethos of this team now flakey as f%%k. Worse than those 00's teams at this rate. No Leinster this year likely.

Flakey but a big thing too.. the young lads don’t seem to have the same levels of savvy that their older teammates have and had even when younger..

Dublin had Monaghan on the ropes here, they were for the taking but…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭munster87

Gannon has looked good since coming on.

• Advertisement

Lifeline?

What a chance jesus

Monaghan deserved that.

got what we deserved relegation no excuses awful in general all year will be a short enough summer by the looks of things .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

We got exactly what we deserved from this league campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Dublin didn’t deserve to stay up. I was at Donegal and Kildare Games and they were awful.

Ironic that we are getting badly burned by cynical fouling not being pulled back , but unlike the hypocritical selective whingebags from the sticks I won’t complain. What goes around comes around.

Dublin nearly fluked safety - but would have been daylight robbery.

Agreed a smarter team and management would have won this game without having to get to that. Major spot light on Farrell now. I think he is clueless to be honest. Has happened too often.

You can go on about the lack of talent etc. But game management is basic stuff. And the team seem to fold when a bit of pressure is put on them. Basically four players will carry Dublin now Fenton, Howard and Con O'C, Scully. And that is it. Kilkenny is only good with bright players around him. Rock is only there because there is no one else to take frees. Offers nothing from play, The defence seems like an absolute shambles it is like Dessie keeps switching in the hope he flukes a formula.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭mcgragger

Farrell should resign and not even get on to the bus home.

This is on him 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭MOR316

🤣 Beaten by Banty. Embarrassing

Yep when you think of all the stupid tactics he played. No smartness to it. Armagh game summed him up. I don't know what he is thinking. Fair play Monaghan anyway, better team and manager stayed up.

• Advertisement

Nearly fluked it with the godawful execution of the last chance before their winner.

It’ll really hit us being in division two next year when we probably have a new manager, who’ll find it hard to get a feel of their team in division 2 playing second tier teams. We might plod our way through Leinster with the 3 lads back and get knocked out in a quarter or semi.

(wouldn’t be surprised to not see Con this year either - fairly major injury by the sounds of it, is it worth pushing himself for a short summer?)

no composure at the end with the bad wide after getting the chance with the peno we were unable to hold posession and gave a score away huge problems looks like a poor few years coming up .Not all down to Dessie but i have no faith and i hope he steps down after the summer .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭_NAGDEFY

To be honest I think he should go now! A fella who knows what is doing could still salvage the summer IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Not at all, I wasn’t complaining about the fouling , as I said Dublin were fair game for it and can’t complain.

Just pointing out the usual double standards that will be applied to Dublin if or when they engage in cynical fouling again and people will act like Dublin are the only team in the history of the sport to employ this tactic.

I think that's hard on Farrell, when you inherit the greatest team of all time in decline, with several retirements, and lower standard players coming through that happens.

McCarthy, Rock, Cooper, Fitzsimmons etc in their 30s. Kilkenny an awful lot of ball played.

Dublin lost a lot of kickouts. Cluxton is irreplaceable.

Of course. All teams do it. Play down the clock, foul outside the scoring zone etc.

yeah i would like him gone but doubt that will happen and unlikely anyone would take it before next season i knew it would be tough today but they knew what was required but failed big time am really annoyed about that .

I hope the Dublin players took note and will not be so naive in future. They cannot afford to play a straight game any more as it it is. Need a practical hardnosed manager who can structure a team. Someone who is unafraid to play the game to the limit of the rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,976 ✭✭✭Xander10

A game we would have been cute enough not to lose in recent years. This was reminiscent of the the bad old barren years, no composure or winning mentality.

You have to wonder about Dessie being enable to turn this around.

Advertisement