Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Jack playing in midfield surely Howard would be a more natural fit ?

Awful score to give away there. Sloppy start.

Lovely great response after losing first score. Can win this very very handy if we keep the pace. Great to see us getting some goals early in a game!

Brilliant start looking very good going forward so much pace. Laois are bloody shite though haha. We need to play like this regularly though look at the difference it makes attacking at pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

This on radio at all?

• Advertisement

**** that's a tackle and a half by James! Haha.

Jesus we must of got an injection of cash in last few weeks! Looking like the old days again haha!

This is some return in a half haven't seen us play like this in long time! Didn't realize Laois where this bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

Dublin All Ire favourites before a ball kicked today imo. Until we are beaten they will remain favourites. Some quality in this team and squad. A massacre in Portlaoise.

What was stopping them doing that the last year or so though? We need to play at this direct high tempo every day not just once or twice a season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,414 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’m not in a position to watch it but I had to triple take that scoreline….

4-15 vs 0-04 at halftime…

id imagine Dublin will ease up after about 50 minutes… preserving their legs and overall fitness but if they don’t, it’s pretty frightening to think what the score would be…… 6-25 vs 0-10 or something mental.

We weren't far away last year. If Con was fit we'd have beaten Kerry imo. We'll never know for sure but it will take a top team to beat us again this year. The swagger is back by the looks of it.

Ill believe it when we do it against a decent team. There where a lot of average teams in league this year we made look great can also say we don't turn up till the summer but we weren't firing on all cylinders last year other then a game or two at the most.

We play better when we move the ball and attack at pace it's clear as hell if Dessie can't see that he should walk. If we turn up the next day and play within ourselves again it's madness.

Ffs what kinda shite defending was that.

Talk about taking foot off the gas!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭MFPM

Those two Laois goals have really taken the shine off what was a good performance by Dublin.

Yeah it's a shame but still a very good performance and I hope we see more of it this summer when there's more consistency in the team.

Whatever way you look at it that's a serious serious return hope it's a sign of things to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Well turned out to be workout huge tally to run up and predictable ease off for a spell letting the two goals in.Would hold off on any major predictions based on today we all knew Leinster championship is in a very bad place these times .Good to see alot of lads getting game time and that cam only help us going forward .Bring on the Lillies next week .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,778 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Paul Flynn seems to be very sharp in RTE Studio all comments well thought out and articulate. Is he doing any coaching? I am listening to him thinking ‘Jayus, potential Dublin coach/manager even’

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,000 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Just watched TSG after recording it last night. That was a serious performance from the footballers. Haven't seen us move the ball that well in years and it was delightful to see. We'll be a handful for anyone if we can maintain that level of intensity in games from here on.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Anyone able to recommend a reliable place in Berlin to watch the Dublin football and/or hurling games this weekend? Previous experience of trying to see games abroad usually involves checking in an Irish pub, getting a “Yes, we’ll have it” followed by turning up and having someone faff around with a laptop or remote control before admitting defeat.

Staying near the zoo/Tiergarten.

Thanks

Looking forward to going tomorrow and while we are clear favourites I would love us to put the game to bed early even just to show we have the intensity and ruthlessness back .

Was looking at tickets on ticketmaster only the side sections near the end lines for Lower Hogan and €30. Was expecting better more central seats as I heard on radio yesterday they were expecting around 25,000 for todays double header which is so small for a Dubs championship game if true. But many fans including myself lost interest in hammering much weaker teams by cricket scores and todays handicap is 10 points v the second strongest county in Leinster. I think i'll sit this one out and watch the hurling double header on the box and catch the highkights on the Sunday Game.

I'm going to watch the snooker better entertainment. And if more did the same like me my logic is that the provincials would be revamped entirely. Small Champions League style seeded groups with home and away is the way to go IMO. Top one of four gets nice route. Second gets more awkward route. I am convinced it will happen eventually.

But in my head I feel like going to Leinster football matches religiously - I was becoming part of the problem of how the GAA won't change. If the attendances start hitting 5/10k maybe then the GAA might do something. The antiquated structure of the competition is beyond a joke.

And all this tier 1 tier 2 tailteann cup etc is just another way to very gradually phase out of the provincials. As the GAA don't move quickly because to do otherwise`` the 'traditionalists' wouldn't like it.

Sure we know well which way the game will go. Dublin will win without much pressure, albeit not with the swagger of the past. Dessie will say there is 'stuff to work on'. Maybe Dublin concede a goal or something. Then the media will be talking up 'The Dubs' after Leinster is over, I honestly don't know who Dublin could play in the final IF they win (that is how much attention I am paying).

But then after Leinster you have to ask what opponents have Dublin faced. I previously thought Kildare had improved but after watching them in the league they seem to have gone backwards.

Dublin have it so easy in Leinster - despite an obvious decline. It makes me appreciate how Kerry manage to 'switch it on' after the provincials. As Kerry in Munster is even more farcical.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭MFPM

Kildare doing well to frustrate Dublin here though Dublin giving away cheap possession a few times.

Can't watch this as I'm in middle moving house **** raging with the score so far wtf!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Dublin so slow up front and keep over playing it. Some really poor decisions losing possession aswell.

I know many will argue Kildare are right to do the blanket defence , but it’s sh8t to watch 29 adult players cram into the 40 yard line of one team.

Way too slow need to change things up Kildare doing well must be a long time we were behind at half time in a Leinster tie .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Generally, the only way to beat a blanket is to run directly at opponents, and take accurate shots from 20-30 yards out - sounds like Dublin are falling into the same trap that Kerry did for many years, in playing too laterally and recycling the ball to death.

• Advertisement

It is on kfm - they are getting very excited. They can't believe how poor the Dubs are playing.

Advertisement