Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

Definitely worth a try around the pubs.

Worst case scenario you watch the game in a pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,857 ✭✭✭billyhead

Kilkenny should be starting ahead of him. Offers so much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Tomaldo

I agree CK should start, but should it not be Paddy Small who doesn't. Scully does a lot of unseen work, link up play, etc. his black card last game didn't help us. You may remember P Small's slightly dropped shot in 2019, keeper saved, Spillane scored a goal almost cost us in the drawn game. I think PS would be better as an impact sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭rolling boh

I would prefer CK to start think we need to be ready from the off and obviously try and get ahead to hopefully play the game on our terms as much as possible. Last year we were close to being out of the game by half time the way we played .We have some decent players to come on but it's risky to bank on any sub to overturn a few point lead by our opponents. The game might not be there to be won no matter who comes on but we have enough to keep us ahead if that is the situation .Anyway we have a great chance and hopefully we have another memorable day out with this great bunch of players .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Gael85

We can't give kerry the massive headstart like did last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭munster87

• Registered Users Posts: 18,774 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

On starting teams Kerry are favourites they would be looking for a strong first 20 minutes get a good lead for half time.

For the last 20 minutes though I think Dublin will have the stronger team on the pitch, if Dessie holds back the old guard in reserve.

It all depends on those two 20 minute periods can Dublin keep Kerry quiet in that first 20 minutes?

Will Kerry have a strong enough lead and be able to close Dublin down in last 20 minutes?

--

Personally I am not nervous at all as a Dublin supporter, this is WELL beyond bonus territory as far as I am concerned this year. In contrast to 10 years ago when I was in bits in the 2013 AISF it was really important that Dublin won that one to push on from 2011 and prove they were not just a one off

But now lads have nothing left to prove really. They have been there done that. It would just be a cherry on top though for the older lads to finish, with a victory against Kerry before they hang up their boots for good.

The thought that amuses me is that if Dublin win in Pub Quiz's in Kerry they will have to learn the names - McCarthy, Fitzsimons, Cluxton, in answer to the the 9 AI's question....

😉

--

One last push hopefully!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭Trampas

Kerry are favourites for me. If you asked me in the league would we be playing today I’d be thinking you were having a laugh. I wonder getting Gilroy made a difference as he’s more than just a water boy out there. He’s feeding the players inform. Better there than standing beside Dessie.

If we can start well and keep Kerry quiet will give them confidence. Even if we get up by 4-5 points they can switch off as that lead could be gone in a couple of minutes which I don’t expect. It’ll be a close one and weather might play a big part in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I agree.

I don’t know how anybody could have considered Dublin a serious threat from the last 2 years performances. Some of the results were relying on our better players to individually bail us out and some performances were probably as much about the opponents bottling it.

It’s hard to not think Gilroy has played a significant role in the galvanising of the squad. Did his return influence any players to come back? Sort of feels like one last hurrah for some players, would be a fitting finish to some fantastic careers.

Glad I’m in upper cusack as looks like it’s gonna be a wet day. Could make for a goals fest if the teams throw caution to the wind and some long punts Into forward lines cause havoc.

I think it’s a coin toss game. Couldn’t call it. Hope it’s as good a game as it promises and most importantly I want to stay around for the celebrations.

1992 and 1994 finals were no fun, even if I do look back with fondness at the time. Remember we had an unbelievable half back line of Curran , Barr and Deegan. I think I remember Barr scoring a free from the ground near the half way like (think it was against Kildare) like Kerry’s winner against us last year.

Looking forward to the game now, come on the dubs…..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Two predictions for ye... Dublin will win a lot easier than most think and CK will definitely start.

Up the Dubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Gilroy is some man for getting players motivated and focused. If he's bringing you water then you know it's time to up your game.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Costello was clearly fouled on his way through before O'Brien dispossessed him.

Feel contact, go down, handy free. Who would have thought it.

That should be a black card for O'Shea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Paddy Small needs to be off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭C__MC

Dublin carrying basquel and p small

Jaysus, he's fierce handy with the yellows here.

Fook sake, what a time to give away a stupid goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ffs cunty thing to happen at end half there we where better team. Clifford got one chance to do something and he took it. Just keep doing what where doing and improve going forward and where well in this.

That goal though will be huge boost for them they didn't have good half.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

It was Geany scored. He had enough to do as well

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I was only thinking at end of that half “just don’t concede a goal and it’s not been a bad half”.

If we can try and put some sort of positive spin on it , at least ht stoked any momentum kerry could get from it? (Feel like I’m clutching at straws with that).

Some saying the goal was double hop or some sort of foul that shouldn’t of counted, any truth to that?

• Advertisement

It was a simple pass into Geany who did very well. I'm not 100% sure on the rule but he definitely hopped the ball twice.

I know but Clifford made it put it on plate for him.

Dublin could really rue the fact they didn't get the scores when where on top. Basqual hasn't had game since 1/4 final and other forwards are all very deep.

Hoping we can link up better going forward in second half.

Ah Goughy, would ya not just put it over the bar for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Needs to make a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭Xander10

3 goods chances and no score, worries me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭Xander10

A bit of luck but I'll take it

• Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Yellow for Clifford, they have gotten away with it so far so no surprises…. Fouling at will now, be a while before Gough goes to the pocket again mind.yes, typically nothing .

Get in there. That was an incredible performance. Some poor wides but we were the better team today. Mick Fitz was MOTM for me. They are going to have to take Clifford out of his pocket now so he can travel home. Come on.

Actually, McCarthy was the stand out player today. CK had a brilliant game as well.

• Advertisement

What a game Fitzer my god what a game totally took Clifford out the game.

Delighted Rock got the kick to finish it.

Great game no matter how much ref tried keep them in game we kept going.

Advertisement