Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Is that the official programme?

Found it on the Hurling Championship thread, as far as I know it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Very strange leading up to the final this year little or no buzz around I suppose without the usual ticket availability discussion it seems to have dampened down the chat .Have seen very few flags or bunting .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Very strange leading up to the final this year little or no buzz around I suppose without the usual ticket availability discussion it seems to have dampened down the chat .Have seen very few flags or bunting .

Put ours out this morning. A few around the vicinity but very little compared to usual.

Was one of few things that gave sense of community and now that's been relegated to a "safe place" too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

EICVD wrote: »
    Whelan or Morrisey? It’s a charity thing with Morrisey

Ffs morrissey haha. Dunno how I mixed that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

but1er wrote: »
    will centra be selling them like the hurling final?

It'll be Super Valu as the football sponsor I would say. But given they're both Musgrave companies they could end up in both.

DPA's delivery charges are mental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I've a few spare tickets, 6 in total. Sell on a first come first serve basis. Will accept Revolut.

Payment first and i'll meet you at Quinns before the game about 12. Spread the word.

Anyway..... who expects Howard or Mannion to start? I cant see Dessie throwing any curve balls for this, likely same 15 as Cavan.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Anyway..... who expects Howard or Mannion to start? I cant see Dessie throwing any curve balls for this, likely same 15 as Cavan.

He's kept the team the same all the way threw can't see him changing much now unless he has to.

I'd have Mannion starting over Paddy Small as I think he's more reliable and Howard should be in next Fenton one way or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Whats needed is a heavy win to secure Dublins position as the greatest team ever. Well thats what Micko was using as his benchmark. I do think it will be closer than a lot of the pundits or the doom merchants think. I think they heavier pitch will be a factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,777 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I think I will pretend I am going to the final Saturday. I have a choice of 7 old AI Final tickets from different years - which I kept.
    I will pick the one which was the best seat.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

Hope a good comprehensive win that would be my choice of course that would really infuriate a lot of the pundits .However in reality this could go either way I feel as I have no real idea what level this time we are at after beating poor enough teams .Other years at least the semi a good enough team was there to be beat not so much this year judging by the results of both matches .

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Beffs

I've a few spare tickets, 6 in total. Sell on a first come first serve basis. Will accept Revolut.

Payment first and i'll meet you at Quinns before the game about 12. Spread the word.

Walked past the ticket office on Dorset St today & the metal shutters were pulled down. The place would normally be HOPPING the week of the final. T'wud break your heart. :(

Hope a good comprehensive win that would be my choice of course that would really infuriate a lot of the pundits .However in reality this could go either way I feel as I have no real idea what level this time we are at after beating poor enough teams .Other years at least the semi a good enough team was there to be beat not so much this year judging by the results of both matches .

It is really odd feels like it is trying to gauge where a team is, based on an O'Byrne Cup campaign or the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

It'll be Super Valu as the football sponsor I would say. But given they're both Musgrave companies they could end up in both.

DPA's delivery charges are mental.

Indeed. Still, would worth the few bob to have one. Be a momento of the weirdest year in GAA history. I hope it is anyway!

Anyone remember the old unofficial programmes that were sold around pitches in the 70s? Used to print the teams from the last games both played :)

The old unofficial programme really poor quality I think the sellers used to catch un suspecting fans by going a little further away from the ground to sell them .brings back memories .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Swap ya some Talisker for them

Swap ya some Talisker for them

Yer OK. I just bought a new bottle of mouthwash.

I ordered this programme anyway.

It will probably be worth more when Mayo win? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭muddle84

I ordered this programme anyway.

It will probably be worth more when Mayo win? :rolleyes:

Yerra!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Is there anywhere to watch a replay of the semi-final v Cavan?

• Advertisement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiQwBqEZXxk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Brilliant, thank you very much

Such a quiet build-up to the final which I excepted but still...

Gonna be so weird watching it on Saturday the week before Christmas Croke Park in the dark with an empty stadium I mean wtf !

Such a quiet build-up to the final which I excepted but still...

Gonna be so weird watching it on Saturday the week before Christmas Croke Park in the dark with an empty stadium I mean wtf !

Luckily enough got a table booked in town for it - hopefully be some sort of craic :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭crossman47

Why on earth would anyone want to inflict that borefest on themselves?

Luckily enough got a table booked in town for it - hopefully be some sort of craic :confused:

I taught about something similar in me das local but knowing them something go wrong and get ****ed out before game finish's!

Be watching it in me ma and das! Me ma better not talk whole way threw it and keep offering everyone food like she usually does haha.

I taught about something similar in me das local but knowing them something go wrong and get ****ed out before game finish's!

Be watching it in me ma and das! Me ma better not talk whole way threw it and keep offering everyone food like she usually does haha.

Have the table booked for 5pm so hopefully be ok!

Can never watch any sport with my mam - exactly the same :pac:

Have the table booked for 5pm so hopefully be ok!

Can never watch any sport with my mam - exactly the same :pac:

Haha there all the same id say!

All 19 Dublin goals from the 2019 Championship (If you are from Mayo look away now!)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 Big Back Clock

Jeez the city is fierce quiet. Just the year it is I suppose.

Apart from a few houses in Cabra and Finglas I’ve barely saw a bit of bunting or a banner anywhere.

Or else too comfortable and expectant of a result. Let’s be honest. This is no Ulster or Munster championship upset scenario, as we saw with the semi finals, upsets don’t tend to happen in Croke Park at this stage.

Mayo doing this would be akin to Ireland winning the next rugby World Cup. Forever bridesmaids, but always rated on the top 4 or 5 in the game.

Advertisement