Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I'll post later drink to busy 6 in a row ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Well done Dublin. The best there has ever been. World class. Enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Brian Howard should start every game.
    You make a place for a player like that.
    Happy days lads, very happy but a very weird experience sitting at home watching.
    Some good young players in that Mayo team.
    We will see them again very soon.
    Happy Christmas to y'all..
    Up the fuc*ing Dubs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Had a peep in the match thread absolute dumpster fire.
    Thought Mayo were quite good today but were gassed in the last 15/20 minutes.
    Weird year for sport everything seems so flat and I can’t pretend I was as excited by this year’s championship as I usually am but it’s the same with other sports and teams I like. The lack of crowds makes it an odd spectacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭MFPM

Sick of arguing with idiots who have their fingers In their ears.

1. We've never argued.
    2. I'm not an idiot.
    3. I don't have my fingers in my ears.
    4. I'm aware of the issue of dominance of any one team in a sport.
    5. I agree there needs to be a change in funding in GAA.

Now if you'd like to make a cogent argument I'm happy to discuss your issues, be great if you parked the abuse too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭FinglasFollain

Howard excellent when he came on. Freed up Fenton for whatever reason, some serious fielding from those two too.

Con MOTM on rte. Fair enough, contributes big time even when not massively involved, tracked back like his life depended on it. Woulda gave it to Scully myself, best I’ve seen him in a dubs shirt.

Delighted to see Philly get on the pitch. Especially after the “greatest Mayo footballer of all time TM”having a go. He’ll probably retire now. Some service he’s given us.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Very confident display. Hard to stare down a team like that.

Best game i've seen Niall Scully play anyway. He gave a masterclass in playing the link man in attack.

Good game, if a little predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Best thing you can do now lads is log off and let the trolls have their day. They live a lonely, sad life.

Ath Cliath Abu.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Brian Howard should start every game.
    You make a place for a player like that.
    Happy days lads, very happy but a very weird experience sitting at home watching.
    Some good young players in that Mayo team.
    We will see them again very soon.
    Happy Christmas to y'all..
    Up the fuc*ing Dubs

He made a massive difference when he came on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

It's funny, but amid all the pre match chatter and fuss and buildup, it all came down to the same things it came down to in years past...the final quarter, Mayo run out of gas, they've scored shag all from open play, Aido is virtually anonymous, poor Mayo decision making down the stretch and before you know it, Stephen Cluxton is marching up the steps of the Hogan Stand again. If it was a movie, it would be slammed for being boring and predictable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Slattsy wrote: »
    Best thing you can do now lads is log off and let the trolls have their day. They live a lonely, sad life.

Ath Cliath Abu.

This is good advice which I'm taking. Do not enter the match thread.

A great win from the best team ever. Hard luck Mayo. They were brave and went for it which I admire a lot. Horan got the tactics spot on but the fitness and conditioning of Dublin in a year where it was easy to take the foot off the gas has to be admired. Winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Ath Cliath Abu.

I'm gonna take your advice and hit the Heineken. Happy Xmas Happy Dubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Get in there!! Great game. Pretty comfortable in the end. Mayo ran out of bluster in the second half.

What rhymes with seven?

Heaven, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Parentalunit

They call me a jackeen! You seem to be deliberately looking for a row on the internet? I have already reported the post as I believe cross posting on threads and attacking posters is not permitted. The mods will now handle you. Your account is suspiciously new for someone who has gone to such an effort to cross post. Or maybe you don't know the rules? You also PM'd me as if it was a matter of urgency!
    Firstly, I did not cross post, the two posts I quoted were from this thread (click them and see).
    Secondly, I didn't 'attack' you, I made what I thought was a totally justified reply to your posts.
    Thirdly, while I may not have many posts on this account, it is not new, it's more than 1 year old.
    And lastly, while you have every right to report posts, in this case I broke no rules and received no sanction.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭billyhead

Up the Dubs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

MFPM wrote: »
    Bernard Flynn on commentary on Radio, christ he's terrible.
    Ah sure why don't we replace him with someone from Dublin with superior media training. Sure what do you expect with a bogger from the shticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Ah sure why don't we replace him with someone from Dublin with superior media training. Sure what do you expect with a bogger from the shticks.

At least your honest. Fair play to ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

corny wrote: »
    Very confident display. Hard to stare down a team like that.

Best game i've seen Niall Scully play anyway. He gave a masterclass in playing the link man in attack.

Good game, if a little predictable.

Don't think it was that confident. That Mayo team live off drawing fouls or just diving for scorable frees, Mayo of 2-3 years would have caught us today. Half forward and midfield line bar Scully were poor, Fenton disappeared which he tends to do in big games. Lot of lads caught in possesion by thinking they could amble forward with a Mayo player on their tail. I think Kerry would have punished us for that first half performance and would have been fit enough to stay with us in the second.

Honestly, think Farrell was a bit lucky today, his calls on midfield and kickouts backfired but didn't cost him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Bambi wrote: »
    Don't think it was that confident. That Mayo team live off drawing fouls or just diving for scorable frees, Mayo of 2-3 years would have caught us today. Half forward and midfield line bar Scully were poor, Fenton disappeared which he tends to do in big games. Lot of lads caught in possesion by thinking they could amble forward with a Mayo player on their tail. I think Kerry would have punished us for that first half performance and would have been fit enough to stay with us in the second.

Honestly, think Farrell was a bit lucky today, his calls on midfield and kickouts backfired but didn't cost him.

i presume u are taking the piss......

u think Kerry the 4th best team in munster at the moment would have beaten Dublin today.... Jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Mayo threw the kitchen sink at it, fair play, but was over once Dublin went 3 up after water break. Myself and daughter being stats nerds were keeping a rough record of possession time after 60 minutes. Worked out about 70:30 Dublin. Maybe more as it got scrappy near end but blue shirt almost invariably came out with the ball from rucks.

• Advertisement

i presume u are taking the piss......

u think Kerry the 4th best team in munster at the moment would have beaten Dublin today.... Jaysus

If you think Kerry are actually the 4th best team in Munster it speaks volumes as to the weight that your pronouncements should be given :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Bambi wrote: »
    If you think Kerry are actually the 4th best team in Munster it speaks volumes as to the weight that your pronouncements should be given :o

im from kerry and we are in no doubt that we are well down the pecking order in munster.... facts dont lie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,998 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Mick Fitz with another outstanding game again today. Got a little bit of luck with the shoulder on Keagan but he deserved it.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

im from kerry and we are in no doubt that we are well down the pecking order in munster.... facts dont lie

Yerra Yerra Yerra :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

JRant wrote: »
    Mick Fitz with another outstanding game again today. Got a little bit of luck with the shoulder on Keagan but he deserved it.

He's brilliant. Wonder who will get MOTM?

Whoever it is will most likely win POTY but COC's performance might give him the edge.

on first sighting can't think of one Dub that you'd pick today. Maybe Howard but not going to get it for 40 minutes; Fitz other than he's a back! and maybe Fenton.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭MFPM

RoyalCelt wrote: »

Nothing to do with where he's from or his media training, it's to do with the level of ridiculous hyperbole and cliched analysis he engages in.

The 10 minutes without McDaid were a tactical joy. Mayo won it by a single point I think which killed any chance of them winning.

McCarthy seamlessly slotted into the half backs and Howard into midfield. Don’t think I spotted the Mayo free man once, he must have been in their full back line. The two big attacks we had in which we scored, I think we worked the the ball for 4-5 mins between them. Really took any potential sting out of the game.

The 10 minutes without McDaid were a tactical joy. Mayo won it by a single point I think which killed any chance of them winning.

McCarthy seamlessly slotted into the half backs and Howard into midfield. Don’t think I spotted the Mayo free man once, he must have been in their full back line. The two big attacks we had in which we scored, I think we worked the the ball for 4-5 mins between them. Really took any potential sting out of the game.

I prefer mccarthy in the half backs, especially with Howard in beside Fenton. Allows him to mop up the breaking ball in and around the middle. Seaside should have made that change after 20 minutes if I'm being honest.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    He's brilliant. Wonder who will get MOTM?

Whoever it is will most likely win POTY but COC's performance might give him the edge.

on first sighting can't think of one Dub that you'd pick today. Maybe Howard but not going to get it for 40 minutes; Fitz other than he's a back! and maybe Fenton.

I hope you mean Con and not Cillian :)

• Advertisement

Fenton and Kilkenny likely picks for POTY despite them having fairly unremarkable days, by their standards. On a personal level, love to see McCarthy getting it, all round good skin.

If I was a betting man I’d go Con after today’s MOTM.

Advertisement