Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

If you see the players in the picture, the likes of Howard and Fenton are from Raheny which is within 5km of Innisfails, I dont know where the likes of Cooper lives but technically could it be a group of friends staying within their 5km limit and social distancing, therefore no rules broken

• Registered Users Posts: 13,000 ✭✭✭✭JRant

TXPTGR1 wrote: »
    Guard I was talking to (in a Dublin station) had a country accent and took my complaint very seriously

Good for you. That's your civic duty done for the day. Hopefully there's a Presidents award coming your way as well for going above and beyond the call of duty.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Guard I was talking to (in a Dublin station) had a country accent and took my complaint very seriously

I bet they had a right laugh at you when he hung up

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TXPTGR1

MFPM wrote: »
    I think that's a bit OTT and unnecessary...

How is it it? They broke regulations, have put others at risk and put the path out of lockdown at risk.
    Punishment should be worse than for cork and down as GAA was still considered elite sport at the time and absolutely should have legal consequences also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

I’ve made a complaint to the guards and would encourage others to do so as well
    They didn’t just break gaa rules here

I suspect you didn't and are just on a wind up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Just coming here to add that this thread has done wonders for my emotional disposition.

To each and every poster, a heart-felt "Thank You".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

JRant wrote: »
    A scoop?
    It's a few young lads have a kick about

Members of Dublin GAA squad, from different club teams, with a coach, at dawn. Hardly an impromtu game of nods and volleys.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

A scoop?
    It's a few young lads have a kick about

It's become a highly discussed (and therefore highly-clicked and lucrative) story.
    If its true (and a bit of me still clings to hope that it's an AFJ) it's quite likely to pop on the afternoon radio discussion programs and be referenced in the next NPHET press conference.

It's a scoop by any definition really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭celt262

kilns wrote: »
    If you see the players in the picture, the likes of Howard and Fenton are from Raheny which is within 5km of Innisfails, I dont know where the likes of Cooper lives but technically could it be a group of friends staying within their 5km limit and social distancing, therefore no rules broken

:pac:

Lol, guard I was talking to was very clear that the gathering itself is an issue , doesn’t matter if they all live within 5k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭roverjoyce

Who brings cones to a kick about in the park
    Who brings some one to take a session
    Who comes fully togged out
    Who arranges it for early morning
    Who picks a secluded pitch

roverjoyce wrote: »
    Who brings cones to a kick about in the park
    Who brings some one to take a session
    Who comes fully togged out
    Who arranges it for early morning
    Who picks a secluded pitch

Who does anything life?

They will be sanctioned end of, nothing story, time to move on

There have been much much worse breaches of Covid restictions than this

Aside from the fact that they broke the law, in a sporting terms this session was blatant cheating pure and simple.

The Dublin senior football team are cheats pure and simple

Ha ha Id love to be your neighbour

Government need to step in here and push out return of Intercounty training by a month- need to be consequences.

Golf suffered for golfgate now GAA must suffer for DubsCheatingGate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭Rosita

What sort of a shïtêhawk sits in a park before dawn to take pictures of a few lads having a kick about?

I suppose the sort of ****ehawk who was tipped off by someone who knew it was happening, or who sent the journalist the footage. I'd say the journalist was doing their job (not the most edifying part of their work to be fair but if it were a politician they'd be praised for highlighting the breach). The ****ehawks in this situation are probably everybody else who was involved, including the (up the etc.) Dubs. What on earth were they thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭munster87

Ha ha Id love to be your neighbour

You’d be sick of the visits from the guards!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

Who does anything life?

They will be sanctioned end of, nothing story, time to move on

There have been much much worse breaches of Covid restictions than this

You changed your mind quite quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

For the week that's in it and to paraphrase The Life of Brian - You stupid b@stards, you stupid, stupid b@stards.

Regardless of your county allegiances, this is going to be used as a stick to beat the GAA with for the year and probably years to come.

When the GAA are looking for state funding to run the inter county season this season and if/when they get it I can just imagine the public outcry referencing this incident.

Stupid, stupid b@stards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Jaden wrote: »
    Just coming here to add that this thread has done wonders for my emotional disposition.

To each and every poster, a heart-felt "Thank You".

:pac: Posts like this are a real tell-tale sign that someone is properly vexed

If you find the dozen tame posts here so upsetting enjoyable, then have a look at what's being said in CA or on social media

IMO its a complete non story and it was ridiculous to stop Inter county in the first place. Hardly surprising its garnering a reaction though given the current culture

largepants wrote: »
    You changed your mind quite quickly.

if they breached, but if they were within the 5km zone and social distanced while kicking a football to each other, is that against rules? I dont know I am asking

• Advertisement

Aside from the fact that they broke the law, in a sporting terms this session was blatant cheating pure and simple.

The Dublin senior football team are cheats pure and simple

I wouldn't be so quick on the name-calling. Every player whoever pulled someone's jersey or threw their GPS at a free-taker is s a cheat by that standard. Yet most players and supporters would see it as 'will to win' and 'being driven' or whatever 'I'm great because I'm so motivated' cliché you're having yourself.

BPKS wrote: »

Regardless of your county allegiances, this is going to be used as a stick to beat the GAA with for the year and probably years to come.

Years to come? Slight exaggeration I reckon. It shouldn't have happened but let's not overcook it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭threeball

Obviously wasn't a one off as the photographer was tipped off they would be there. Probably going on for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

if they breached, but if they were within the 5km zone and social distanced while kicking a football to each other, is that against rules? I dont know I am asking

Technically, yes. It is against govt rules about no outdoor gatherings, within your 5k or not, and its against GAA rules of no activity to be taking place.

Saying that, I think it's a complete non story, it just looks pretty bad and the Dubs and GAA in general will be hammered for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,480 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Just remind me, these are still amateur players, yes? No?

Its some farce when people are crying and wailing about a few lads going to a park to do a bit of training, this country really has lost the run of itself, slaves to the covid religion instead of having a bit of perspective on things.

Just look at the issue here, a few healthy young men went to a park and did some training. What sort of dsytopian nightmare results in people considering that a crime? How low does society have to sink before it cops the **** on.

I hope more lads go out training. I hope more guards cut each others hair. I hope more shops open their doors and tell the government to **** off. Its badly needed at this stage.

Just remind me, these are still amateur players, yes? No?

Its some farce when people are crying and wailing about a few lads going to a park to do a bit of training, this country really has lost the run of itself, slaves to the covid religion instead of having a bit of perspective on things.

Just look at the issue here, a few healthy young men went to a park and did some training. What sort of dsytopian nightmare results in people considering that a crime? How low does society have to sink before it cops the **** on.

I hope more lads go out training. I hope more guards cut each others hair. I hope more shops open their doors and tell the government to **** off. Its badly needed at this stage.

Realistically if this was any other county but Dublin it would be buried in the Independent and hardly spoken of on social media, it has just triggered and awoken the anti Dublin brigade a bit earlier in the year than normal

dobman88 wrote: »
    Technically, yes. It is against govt rules about no outdoor gatherings, within your 5k or not, and its against GAA rules of no activity to be taking place.

Saying that, I think it's a complete non story, it just looks pretty bad and the Dubs and GAA in general will be hammered for it.

Against gaa and government rules but a non story????
    How does that work
    The rules are either obeyed or not. People have been slaughtered regularly in the media for lesser breaches.
    Same standards need to be applied here- need to be severe consequences

Again I’d urge people to contact the Guards- more the merrier

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

You said above that it they would be sanctioned so you must have thought yourself that it was against the rules.

Remember businesses are going under as they have to adhere to regulations.
    But these lads think knocking a ball about makes them special and means the rules didn’t apply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,169 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Every Kerry mans wet dream this.

Pat Spillane will be in soon to tell us it’s further proof the Kerry 4 in a row was the bhest.

Advertisement