Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

MFPM wrote: »
    Now you've gone from being OTT to just posting nonsense. Cop on.

But it is cheating.

That's the correct word for breaking the rules to gain an advantage.

Dublin fans may argue with the gravity of the matter, but you cannot argue with the English language. Even if the GAA and Gardai don't lift a finger, the fact remains, they were cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,861 ✭✭✭billyhead

Garda investigation has been launched according to the wireless

That's cause some curtain twitcher made a complaint to the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Achebe

This is just their winning attitude. Maybe if the other teams broke the law now and then, they might win All Irelands!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Achebe

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Nice to see selective investigations from Gardai.
    Was there any for Cork previously?

Cork didn't break the law. They broke GAA rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

ShyMets wrote: »
    Were the Cork and Down players suspended for that length of time

They should have been and the Dublin players (or management) should have learned. I am all for ramping up these punishments - otherwise the players will assume that this is all we will be sanctioned.

If pictures like this are displayed of Meath players training like this - especially now after the statements from the GAA I would say the same.

• Advertisement

Achebe wrote: »
    This is just their winning attitude. Maybe if the other teams broke the law now and then, they might win All Irelands!

Ridiculous, brain dead and stupid comment!!

Garda investigation has been launched according to the wireless

Not sure that the Gardai should get involved. GAA need to deal with it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Daft comment. Anyway, this is a storm in a teacup. Being amplified 10x because of the success of the team.

I've been around Drumcondra, Fairview and Clontarf which is my area and there is loads of similar training going on amongst groups. The government have been bumbling and bluffing the past few months with no real plan or targets for getting out of our current predicament.

People have collectively and without saying decided to take their own calculated risks whilst continuing to take precautions. A year ago I would have said that was madness but now I say good on them.

For me as a blow in Mayo fan in this is a non issue. Society needs to begin to move forward across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭Rosita

Not sure there's a causal relationship between breaking the law and winning All Ireland titles. But 'winning attitude' is an impressively elastic term in a duscussion. Can be used to excuse all sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Seems like an elaborate April Fool?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

dixiefly wrote: »
    Not sure that the Gardai should get involved. GAA need to deal with it though.

The gaa are already involved with an investigation and if the players and management are found to have broken the current restrictions, the gardai should definitely be involved,it being a criminal matter, with fines likely

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

largepants wrote: »
    Again I'd like to point out what you wrote above....'they will be sanctioned end of...' Your words not mine.

Now your asking if they broke the rules or not.

You don't know if you are coming or going.

You are struggling a bit arent you, I am saying if they broke the rules yes they should be sanctioned but I am questioning if technically they did or not and that is a geniune question

let it go man

TXPTGR1 wrote: »
    Government need to step in here and push out return of Intercounty training by a month- need to be consequences.

Golf suffered for golfgate now GAA must suffer for DubsCheatingGate

I don't agree. I don't even agree that return to training should be restricted in Dublin. That's not fair on the players that met the rules and the many club players.

Suspensions for those found to be guilty. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

kilns wrote: »
    You are struggling a bit arent you, I am saying if they broke the rules yes they should be sanctioned but I am questioning if technically they did or not and that is a geniune question

let it go man

Sigh.

Perhaps you should turn up at the next illegal training session. I'm sure they have goalposts that need moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Winterstale

'The haters gonna hate'

Roll on the League and Championship

I've been around Drumcondra, Fairview and Clontarf which is my area and there is loads of similar training going on amongst groups. The government have been bumbling and bluffing the past few months with no real plan or targets for getting out of our current predicament.

What a truly bizarre outlook. Part of the government plan to get out of our current predicament is to NOT meet up in uncontrolled groups.

'The haters gonna hate'

Roll on the League and Championship

Yeah, and "the defenders gonna defend". Not sure where that gets us.

At the end of the day if they broke rules then the individuals should be sanctioned

but the hysteria is ridiculous led by some in the media like Gilroy on Off the Ball who is very much anti Dublin and then those keyboard warriors who usually crawl out of the woodwork around July each year.

I am sure if we research these people so upset with what Dublin have done, you will see their same anger on the Cork and Down GAA forums..........

Dont let bias get in the way of a good old rant :)

Rosita wrote: »

Well it got us 6 in a row. Yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Save your 'I'm so superior to you all' calm down nonsense. There was a breach of the restrictions and it was really really poor form. There's no harm in saying that. You're the only one saying about first borns as sacrifices in an attempt to defend it on the basis of a supposed over-reaction. Oldest and most transparent trick in the book.

I'm not defending it. Just because I'm not jumping up and down like the other curtain twitchers and going puce doesn't mean I'm condoning their idiocy.

It's the likes of yourself who need to step back.

They'll be sanctioned. What more can we or do we need to say about it?

• Advertisement

largepants wrote: »
    Sigh.

Perhaps you should turn up at the next illegal training session. I'm sure they have goalposts that need moving.

try and read posts it might help educate you a bit better before answering

Neeson wrote: »
    Seems like an elaborate April Fool?

I thought (and hoped earnestly) that when I saw it this morning. This sh*t was needed like a hole in the head a couple of days after getting some signs of a return to action.

I'm not defending it. Just because I'm not jumping up and down like the other curtain twitchers and going puce doesn't mean I'm condoning their idiocy.

It's the likes of yourself who
    need to step back.

They'll be sanctioned. What more can we or do we need to say about it?

Again, there's nobody jumping up and down, going puce or near the (metaphorical or otherwise) curtains. You seem to me seeing yourself as the voice of reason in the middle of a madding crowd. You're just another opinion-giver/keyboard warrior (as some like to say from their own keyboard when it suits). And that's fair enough. The 'calm down' comments are unnecessary, that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Folks, they did wrong. Inline with the precedent that the GAA have set with previous breaches a suspension for Farrell of between 8 and 12 weeks should be the outcome. Nothing more nothing less.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Folks, they did wrong. Inline with the precedent that the GAA have set with previous breaches a suspension for Farrell of between 8 and 12 weeks should be the outcome. Nothing more nothing less.

Only if he was the coach reportedly at the session. If he wasnt there, I dont think he should be suspended. The coach that was there should be.

And all the lads there get a fine for a breach of govt covid regulations. It will suck for them but it will show "outsiders" that they were dealt with by "the authorities".

That's it, case closed.

No joking aside it was wrong and the Dubs will pay the consequence, whatever that is. A bad example to all.

However the joy and smugness displayed by some people here revelling in and ramping this drama as an opportunity to exhibit their Anti Dub nonsense will be reciprocated by me by highlighting Dublins record which is fair game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Alrighty, there have been more than double the number of posts since 7am this morning on this thread alone than in the entire forum over the previous 7 days.
    A reminder to everyone that you are on the Dublin GAA thread and that rule 4 of the charter (located here) still applies. I'll be going through posts over the last few hours as there have been several crossing the line and these will be actioned accordingly.

Can you please try to take a breath before hitting the post button and ensure that your post is actually constructive?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

An organised stealth meeting at 6.40am of senior Dublin footballers is a bit less casual than a few lads with a ball in the park. They broke the rules of the GAA and the National Covid guidelines. They will have to be men about it now and take whatever reprecussions. I'm sure they will hold their hands up and not whinge about it and no body should be whinging on their behalf either imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

kilns wrote: »
    try and read posts it might help educate you a bit better before answering

Let it go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Yes, they are amateurs - that's the problem. If they were professional they'd be exempt from Level 5 restrictions. Key point really

People aren't crying and wailing about a few lads going to a park (a club GAA ground actually) and training. It's the fact that everyone is precluded from doing so right now. It's simple enough really when you're not looking to excuse it.

League of Ireland aren't professional

Advertisement