Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

kilns wrote: »
    At the end of the day if they broke rules then the individuals should be sanctioned

but the hysteria is ridiculous led by some in the media like Gilroy on Off the Ball who is very much anti Dublin and then those keyboard warriors who usually crawl out of the woodwork around July each year.

I am sure if we research these people so upset with what Dublin have done, you will see their same anger on the Cork and Down GAA forums..........

Dont let bias get in the way of a good old rant :)

Gilroy is a very large reason I cannot listen to OTB anymore.

Really really poor agenda driven presenter

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Mrsmum wrote: »
    An organised stealth meeting at 6.40am of senior Dublin footballers is a bit less casual than a few lads with a ball in the park. They broke the rules of the GAA and the National Covid guidelines. They will have to be men about it now and take whatever reprecussions. I'm sure they will hold their hands up and not whinge about it and no body should be whinging on their behalf either imo.

When do you think they should meet? Given most are working full time jobs.

I see cyclists out together all the time, and there are no police investigations. A sanction and move on.

What sort of country have we become with people reporting this (and other things)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TXPTGR1

When do you think they should meet? Given most are working full time jobs.

And that’s exactly why these rules were in place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭dunnerc

namloc1980 wrote: »
    That's kind of sad. Dubs ignoring the rules and you think it's grand. Sad.

Not only Dubs ignoring the rules , the sad thing is you know this already ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭trixi001

Down and Cork both got Management sideline suspensions and lost a home advantage in the National league

This is the minimum punishment Dublin should get based on precedence - however Dublin players have actually broken the law whereas neither Cork or Down did..so should there be a greater punishment?

From what i read about Down, it wasn't even training as such, more a meeting to give the players individual training plans etc, and it also wasn't on GAA grounds. Not sure what the Cork situation was..

Its a organised gathering of more than 2 households - so regardless of if everyone is doing it, its still illegal, and i thought the players and whoever organised it would have had more sense

• Advertisement

If it's true, the word for gaining a competitive advantage by using illegal means is called "cheating".

I think you'll find, far from "rage, rage, I'm offended", the thought that the Dublin team would go down as the most successful cheats would provoke "laughter, laughter, I'm delighted"

Your delighted ! well there's a surprise

largepants wrote: »
    No way can this be true.

Didn't they sweep out the dressing room only last year?

Can you not google it ;)

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Surprised they didn't also announce extra funding for Dublin. Maybe Biden will throw them some of that stimulus money

Here's hoping :D

TXPTGR1 wrote: »
    Anything less than kicking them out of the championship is letting the off lightly .
    ****ing disgrace

Along with Cork and Down :D

dunnerc wrote: »

Cor and down didn’t break the law
    Dublin did
    Good to see gardai are following up on my complaint anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

yeah but they arent Dublin, we are only allowed hold our outrage for Dublin

League of Ireland aren't professional

What?

The reason only 9 were caught was that the rest of the squad were away in Normandy on a cultural tour of battlefields and cemeteries......

link ?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Rosita wrote: »
    Again, there's nobody jumping up and down, going puce or near the (metaphorical or otherwise) curtains. You seem to me seeing yourself as the voice of reason in the middle of a madding crowd. You're just another opinion-giver/keyboard warrior (as some like to say from their own keyboard when it suits). And that's fair enough. The 'calm down' comments are unnecessary, that's all.

Sure I am.

And you're not overly-exercised at all about it. Not at all at all.

The players broke the rules. They should be sanctioned. That should be the end of it.

I’ve made a complaint to the guards and would encourage others to do so as well
    They didn’t just break gaa rules here

Well done you ;)

Guard I was talking to (in a Dublin station) had a country accent and took my complaint very seriously

IM sure he did , did he pat you on the back ? :D

How is it it? They broke regulations, have put others at risk and put the path out of lockdown at risk.
    Punishment should be worse than for cork and down as GAA was still considered elite sport at the time and absolutely should have legal consequences also.

Your really upset , you should really lie down for 24hrs or so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

Can you not google it ;)

I did.

All I got was a picture of Franco Baresi and the Dublin football team.

Lol, guard I was talking to was very clear that the gathering itself is an issue , doesn’t matter if they all live within 5k

Oh dear :D

Your really upset , you should really lie down for 24hrs or so ;)

I’m actually happy out the guards are following up on my complaint

• Advertisement

roverjoyce wrote: »
    Who brings cones to a kick about in the park
    Who brings some one to take a session
    Who comes fully togged out
    Who arranges it for early morning
    Who picks a secluded pitch

I give up , who ?:D

Government need to step in here and push out return of Intercounty training by a month- need to be consequences.

Golf suffered for golfgate now GAA must suffer for DubsCheatingGate

your on a roll , take a bow :D

The other thing that’s clear here is that the players in question are pretty
    Driving in on sponsored cars 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭Rosita

The players broke the rules.

Exactly. That wasn't difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

I’m actually happy out the guards are following up on my complaint

I hate to break it to you but I suspect the Guards are following up on the news reports of this and not 'your complaint'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

dobman88 wrote: »
    Only if he was the coach reportedly at the session. If he wasnt there, I dont think he should be suspended. The coach that was there should be.

And all the lads there get a fine for a breach of govt covid regulations. It will suck for them but it will show "outsiders" that they were dealt with by "the authorities".

That's it, case closed.

Dessie couldn't be in three places at the one time.

threeball wrote: »
    Obviously wasn't a one off as the photographer was tipped off they would be there. Probably going on for weeks.

Obviously you don't know this ;)

Obviously you don't know this ;)

Smart thing to do would have been to move the sessions around and drive unmarked cars.
    But the dunces in Dublin GAA couldn’t even figure that out

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Winterstale

The other thing that’s clear here is that the players in question are pretty thick
    Driving in on sponsored cars 😂

Rules were broken and sanctions are due.

What's the relevence of a players intelligence in this situation?
    Why bring intelligence into the conversation?
    If it's only for the sake of calling someone "thick" then I suggest your intelligence is also in question.

• Advertisement

Against gaa and government rules but a non story????
    How does that work
    The rules are either obeyed or not. People have been slaughtered regularly in the media for lesser breaches.
    Same standards need to be applied here- need to be severe consequences

Again I’d urge people to contact the Guards- more the merrier

Again you need to lie down :D

Advertisement