Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

dobman88 wrote: »
    Lol.

I'm sure Brian Fenton and Johnny Cooper are sitting at home right now trying to figure out how to satisfy random posters on a website.

You have a very high opinion of yourself for some reason. I'll break it to you gently, nobody gives a fcuk what you say or think so the lads dont need to "satisfy" you with anything.

Some posts today have been gas in fairness.

A lot of people clearly feel as I do. And if the lads don't give a fcuk what we think then clearly this Dublin team is not the one we fell in love with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    You are way wrong there. They messed up big style and should apologise.

I've no doubt they will issue some kind of statement through the county board and obviously they messed up.

But for posters to say they should be coming out and apologising to "satisfy us" is complete and utter nonsense.

They made a bad decision. It's being investigated and they'll be dealt with appropriately. That's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭tommybrees

For those who don’t see this as being a big deal maybe you should remember back to your feelings on #golfgate and consider that this breach of guidelines is more organised, covert and and damaging because the legislation current in place is stricter, there have been examples in the past and there have been recent high level reminders not to do this.

Basically double the outrage you had to #golfgate and your about right.

Wouldn't agree with this at all.
    These players aren't highly paid judges and civil servants and politicians.
    Normal everyday lads. They can train together in 2 weeks and it's safe but not now? Wake up

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Brenbrez

Are these the lads that were sweeping the dressing room we're talking about??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

A lot of people clearly feel as I do. And if the lads don't give a fcuk what we think then clearly this Dublin team is not the one we fell in love with.

Cooper has always been sly and dirty, but the others...

Off the pitch he is a top guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Lol. Ok so.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

For someone so outraged and sick earlier you've no problem calling people sly and dirty though.

Mask is slipping darling... Try harder in future.

tommybrees wrote: »
    Normal everyday lads. They can train together in 2 weeks and it's safe but not now? Wake up

6 in a row all ireland winners.

Major role models in their local areas.

Significant social media followings.

Significant sponsorships.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

I’m awake.

I'm all out of popcorn. Anywhere on just eat I can get some delivered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,415 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Bang on there.

Plus, golfgate took place when there were a few dozen cases a day, there are ten times the amount now.

Have to say, I am really surprised and disappointed. They should have known better.

Incredibly naive.

People are pointing to Cork & Down as the template for punishment, but I would say it should now be more severe.

The difference between these Dubs and the Cork/ Down players was that the Cork & Down players didnt know what the penalty would. The Dubs did, and went ahead anyway.

The penalty should be in line with previous breaches. Treating people equally without favouritism or discrimination is how you define fairness...

Knowing what the penalty is or isn’t has jack got to do with it...I don’t know the criminal penalty for assault, that wouldn’t give me the right to assault somebody, but I know I shouldn’t assault a person, those counties know they shouldn’t have been training. They knew enough.

Having said all of that, Id have a lot of sympathy for intercounty players at the moment in that their lives are so totally consumed by the demands of the team that when that shuts down completely, as it has done, I can see how it must be very challenging for them. But for the rest of us also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

Mrs, yer talking sh1t. Cooper plays right on the edge (if not infringing at times).

I'd love to know how/why the photo was taken and how it mad its way to the media!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

What is sorely lacking at the moment is sincere, and I mean sincere, apologies from the culprits. They need to satisfy us that they truly realise the damage done

Yes sure I think a full public apology broad cast live to the whole world I'll call CNN you call BBC

This is only a distraction from those people outside the pale, a tactic to get away from the real issue at hand within Dublin GAA; that we're underfunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭tommybrees

6 in a row all ireland winners.

Major role models in their local areas.

Significant social media followings.

Significant sponsorships.

Aye if it's safe enough for other sports then should be safe enough for them.
    People should start minding there own business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭dunnerc

Brenbrez wrote: »
    Are these the lads that were sweeping the dressing room we're talking about??

Excellent first post ;) Did all lads in the dressing room have a sweeping brush ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Slattsy wrote: »
    I'm all out of popcorn. Anywhere on just eat I can get some delivered?

You've posted here about 65 times today. You must be just eating and reading over your own comments at this stage?

largepants wrote: »
    I haven't a dickie bird of the point you are trying to make.

Either way the Dubs assumed that the rules didn't apply to them. So humble can't be used for the Dubs anymore.

They will have to do some amount of sweeping this year to win back the media.

They did not assume that the rules didnt apply to them , pure nonsense talk
    Very much doubt they give a monkeys about winning back the media
    Seems to be bothering you though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭Rosita

Normal everyday lads. They can train together in 2 weeks and it's safe but not now?

That's exactly it. That's what has been announced publicly. The restrictions change in two weeks. It would be okay to do it then. That lessens the excuse for it.

• Advertisement

largepants wrote: »
    :D

Very constructive imput :rolleyes:

In your opinion , i 100% disagree Johnny Cooper is not a sly and dirty player

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    You've posted here about 65 times today. You must be just eating and reading over your own comments at this stage?

You counted :D

Hulk Hands wrote: »

I'd suggest you do a re-count if you're that obsessed with me..

Get the calculator out though, you might struggle after you've finished counting your fingers and toes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Does anyone else think that suspending The manager is

A. Potentially wrong as he might not have know .

B. Not a punishment because the advantage of collective training isn’t removed.

I'd assume the DCB have taken the stance they have because he was aware of it. There'll be more statements tomorrow or over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Farrell is certain to get a suspension, so Dublin made a good PR move and suspended him before the GAA did. Smart enough move. Also removes pressure to fire him, which would have built otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭Rosita

Just on B, how do remove the "advantage" of what has already happened? Surely issuing a penalty is the way these things are addressed. Time cannot be rewound and the actual act itself undone.

Regarding A, you'd presume a basic premise of any process of justice would be to have asked him if he knew before issuing the suspension?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Having said all of that, Id have a lot of sympathy for intercounty players at the moment in that their lives are so totally consumed by the demands of the team that when that shuts down completely, as it has done, I can see how it must be very challenging for them. But for the rest of us also.

The 'demands' of playing an amateur sport at a county level...lol...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,778 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Basically double the outrage you had to #golfgate and your about right.

So let me get this straight you are suddenly comparing Dublin GAA not as amateur footballers. But are comparing them to the ideals held up by politicians and the judiciary?

Has this anything to do with the fact that Dublin are the greatest football team in history? So they should be held to the same standards as politicians? And not just their contemporaries in the GAA?

By virtue of Dublin's undoubted greatness on the Gaelic pitch does it mean you have even higher standards for them?

Or is it just a case of you wanting to really nail those dirty dubs?

Or is it both?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Advertisement