Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

corny wrote: »
    Mayo couldn't score from play in 2013 and when the game was there to be won in the third quarter Dublin took it away from them. It was hard fought but about as comfortable a one point victory as you'll find.

Yup, that was always my takeaway from it.

We showed we could do everything that year, form the SF hammering of Kerry to that final. And then Donegal ruin it for everybody the next year and make us careful! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 18,781 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Kerry v Dublin 2001 Thurles

Game 1

Game 2

I am watching them now shouting at the screen (on occasion) like an eejit.

I seem to remember in game one. The pub we were in put a rumour around that the game will be delayed. Obviously to keep the drinking flowing.

Then of course a load of people left at the same time massive crowd so was a slow march to Semple. Think by the time I was in Collie Moran/Dessie Farrell (dunno which) was missing an open goal.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hurlers got a good win today, but not without displaying the usual weaknesses, i.e. getting a fairly decent lead, before letting the opposition get back into it in the third quarter.

In fairness, they did close it out strongly in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

CatInABox wrote: »
    Hurlers got a good win today, but not without displaying the usual weaknesses, i.e. getting a fairly decent lead, before letting the opposition get back into it in the third quarter.

In fairness, they did close it out strongly in the end.

Yeah we played a bit better alright. Manufactured a few nice scores.

There's a noticeable lack of pace in the team. Daire Gray is quick but across the middle is anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Expecting a pretty tough afternoon today team named looks ok but do not think we will win as think Kerry will be too strong and well up for it also think they are the team to beat this year hopefully am wrong but kind of preparing for a bit of a fall off only to be expected I suppose after six in a row however I thought that last year as well .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Is Howard injured? Where's Dean Rock?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Howard is there according to social media ROCK HAS AN INJURY i THINK

Howard is there according to social media ROCK HAS AN INJURY i THINK

Sound! Dunno why the **** Howard is not starting these games.

Shooting has been poor on both sides so far .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Dubs getting through mid field handy enough and then cocking up big time in final third. Time to wake up lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭MFPM

All of a sudden Kerry 4-1 up. Dublin's shooting is woeful, that Costello free was terrible.

MFPM wrote: »
    All of a sudden Kerry 4-1 up. Dublin's shooting is woeful, that Costello free was terrible.

And then....

Great goal. Dublin needed that.

Great goal Con! Needed that.

Costello not having a good one so far well off.

Costello not having a good one so far well off.

This is his problem, he's not consistent enough. That free was tough though. Kerry getting scores easier. Paddy Small gets on good ball and is lively but he simply doesn't score enough.

MFPM wrote: »
    This is his problem, he's not consistent enough. That free was tough though. Kerry getting scores easier. Paddy Small gets on good ball and is lively but he simply doesn't score enough.

Yep exactly that's his main problem he doesn't carry often enough into games. Great one week awful the next. Rock will be straight back in soon as he's back.

Haha good man Costello haha!

Left flank for the Dubs is the way to go now. Soft underbelly there.

Dublin making hard work of the points atm.

Keep giving out about Costello not scoring enough. It has worked great so far. :D

Nice score there from him from play over the black spot as I type.

• Advertisement

Kerry have went to ****e.

Dublin fairly dominant but I hope they won't rue their wastefulness. Dublin got away with one there, that goal should have stood.

A big up and under and bang. Kerry defence is crap.

Jesus **** goal to let in there Dublin in control.

Kerry have been blitzed game over as contest. They have been put firmly in their place. Message sent loud and clear for the Championship - mistakes will be punished.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

All about game management now. Get too the twenty point mark,and that'll be the game won.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    A big up and under and bang. Kerry defence is crap.

Sorta reminiscent of a goal Crowley scored against Dublin 20 years ago in Thurles. Sloppy defence, space given - goal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

That passage of play before the first point of the second half really sums up why Dublin does the whole side-to-side play there: against a massed defence, it works, and is likely the only tactic that does work.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

What was the point of the Hail Mary there ?

• Advertisement

Dublin defence is excellent at shutting them down and pushing them back.
    Hope I'm not tempting faith.

Advertisement