Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭rolling boh

unfortunetly all too common in the game today .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,782 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

MFPM wrote: »
    Dublin quite pedestrian here. Donegal playing very deep with loads of players back but still scoring much easier than Dublin.

I was just thinking the game is 'not one for the neutrals' Then Paddy Small kicks into life. Very cagey game.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭MFPM

That was a crap free by Small...he does seem to mix the excellent with the bad too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Dublin gk position is in good stead with Evan Comerford between the posts now. He's come on leaps and bounds over the past few years.

This is tedious...

• Advertisement

This is tedious...

I even flicked over to the soccer at one stage, the shame :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I even flicked over to the soccer at one stage, the shame :o

Bonnie won't like that.

well impressed with evan tonight looks up to it if needed .

oops

Comerford made a mess of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Game on.:D Comerford poor.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Game on.:D Comerford poor.

Good job Michael Murphy was not playing. Could have lost that game.

Hard to know what Dublin were at there. Little energy very slow play and build up. Donegal you can understand, they're without their best player and they've a tough provincial championship coming up. The mass clustering of players around midfield for kick outs was a bit novel.

we seem to give up a lot of scores so we certainly need to run up a decent score to beat the likes of kerry most likely later on

we seem to give up a lot of scores so we certainly need to run up a decent score to beat the likes of kerry most likely later on

If I was from Kerry I would be quietly confident. But then again them feckers normally are anyway!

I will be looking forward to the day when we can see Dublin v Kerry in a full house at CP again. It is looking like there will be fine margins between the two this year.

Hard to know what Dublin were at there. Little energy very slow play and build up. Donegal you can understand, they're without their best player and they've a tough provincial championship coming up. The mass clustering of players around midfield for kick outs was a bit novel.

Really odd sort of game. Worrying thing is Dublin will be able to play any auld way in Leinster and still coast it. So any cracks or problems will only really show up after Leinster. By then it is a bit late.

well after 6 wins the only way is down i suppose but hopefully another one this year but as has been said before our bench is certainly weaker so we need our best 20 i think some fringe players got game time but did not really do anything to really stand out especially if we cross paths with kerry .

Senior Dublin Championship Draws

Dotsy giving his take on the hurling.

And Senan giving his take the football.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

https://www.rte.ie/sport/football/2021/0615/1228277-life-outside-of-football-behind-mannions-exit-decision/

From reading that interview sounds like that's Mannion done.

Awful shame really but can you blame him!. I'm sure he wont be the last not just for Dublin but other county's. Hopefully the next one will be someone high profile from one of our rivals instead ha.

Would still love if he was involved but it's his life and must do what is right for himself .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭AhhHere

Cluxton gone or just speculation? Starts about 2/3rds into the video https://youtu.be/M7M_W4JAtJw

AhhHere wrote: »
    Cluxton gone or just speculation? Starts about 2/3rds into the video https://youtu.be/M7M_W4JAtJw

Given that Michael Sheil was named as starting keeper in one of the league games which was odd. It would not surprise me if Cluxton suddenly disappears. I hope he does not though.

In other league seasons Comeford started all the games to give him game time then Cluxton took over again.

Michael Sheil starting made me raise an eyebrow, to be honest. But David Brady mentions none of these factors because he is normally talking through his hat!

Given that Michael Sheil was named as starting keeper in one of the league games. It would not surprise me if Cluxton suddenly disappears. I hope he does not though.

I'm sure its known among the panel if hes gonna be part of this years All Ireland or not. He can wait till next year when where all aloud back in Croke Park! He deserves a proper send off.

I'm sure its known among the panel if hes gonna be part of this years All Ireland or not. He can wait till next year when where all aloud back in Croke Park! He deserves a proper send off.

Cluxton would hate a send off though. It would the most 'un-Cluxton' thing to look for a send off. Much easier to just walk away no interviews, no fuss, and let the next fella take over.

If Cluxton does leave that way it will amuse me, there is a touch of class about it. There for the football not all the rigmarole around it.

He did get a bit of adulation in CP when he became the first fella to hit 100 championship games in either code. I think it was against Laois?

Cluxton would hate a send off though. It would the most 'un-Cluxton' thing to look for a send off. Much easier to just walk away no interviews, no fuss, and let the next fella take over.

If Cluxton does leave that way it will amuse me, there is a touch of class about it. There for the football not all the rigmarole around it.

He did get a bit of adulation in CP when he became the first fella to hit 100 championship games in either code. I think it was against Laois?

Ya true I was more looking at it from a fans point of view ha plus what he deserves!. I dunno I guess id rather it was mentioned well before the season starts unless there's a legit reason for it being last minute.

Surprised nothing seems to be coming out from somewhere because people are wondering a fair bit now but no one seems to heard anything one way or the other . Will most likely find out first championship game if not in panel properly finished .

Surprised nothing seems to be coming out from somewhere because people are wondering a fair bit now but no one seems to heard anything one way or the other . Will most likely find out first championship game if not in panel properly finished .

Or when some fella recognises Cluxton with a cap and sunglasses standing in the Hill at the start of the championship...

Usually you would hear someone claiming they knew him and would claim this or that is the real story but we will know for sure soon enough .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭muddle84

Speculation from David Brady, wouldn't be like him!!!!

Saying that he was right about oshea going to full back in 17 for Mayo

• Advertisement

Ciaran killkennny on 2fm not saying anything very revealing surprise surprise .

Advertisement