Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Great win for the u 20 hurlers last night nice to have positive story in Dublin hurling for a change .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Great win for the u 20 hurlers last night nice to have positive story in Dublin hurling for a change .

Just to temper the good news...Dillon out for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭AhhHere

• Registered Users Posts: 18,782 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

AhhHere wrote: »

Another 15 years Cluxton at least!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭C__MC

If there is one incentive this year for a few of the dublin lads, it's getting the 9th medal and surpassing the kerry chaps in mickos time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

C__MC wrote: »
    If there is one incentive this year for a few of the dublin lads, it's getting the 9th medal and surpassing the kerry chaps in mickos time

That would melt their faces something fierce.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

At this point of course I want Dublin to keep winning but if and when the run does come to an end once its not Kerry or Mayo ill except it ha.

Especially Kerry some of there ''Elite god like superstars'' get enough hype without actually winning anything imagine if they do ffs!

Presumably if he ever actually retires it will be announced at the end of a champo so there can be a winter of grieving and counselling before another ball is kicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Bambi wrote: »
    Presumably if he ever actually retires it will be announced at the end of a champo so there can be a winter of grieving and counselling before another ball is kicked.

You'd hope.

I'd say he'll go the same way Jim did.

Would be so on brand for him.

Shame for the most consequential player in the history of the sport. From the fans pov of course.

Good to see mention of Rock Kevin Mc and O Sullivan all ready for action as well!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hurlers doing well in the quarter final against Antrim, 8 points up at half time. It'll be telling if we're able to keep it up in the second half, really need to be able put teams away without allowing them back into games.

Missed the first half, Dublin still look very rough around the edges, poor handling and passing, some very poor attempts at points. Looking good under high ball though. Antrim look tired. Hard to read much from it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Bambi wrote: »
    Missed the first half, Dublin still look very rough around the edges, poor handling and passing, some very poor attempts at points. Looking good under high ball though. Antrim look tired. Hard to read much from it.

Yeah, but at least they didn't do what they normally do, think they've got it won, relax, and then look panicky when the opposition come roaring back into it.

Only Antrim and all that, but good that they made it comfortable enough in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

Great week for Dublin hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Was expecting a tougher encounter today.

Hopefully a confidence booster going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,864 ✭✭✭billyhead

Galway next week

Cian o Sullivan has retired! Only heard from Kilkenny the other day he was ready and set for the championship so surprised about that!

Another player sad to see go and I don't think we have anyone of his quality just yet to replace him.

Where looking at a few players moving on at the back potentially over next few seasons.

not surprised another one gone think we are running low enough on defenders .

not surprised another one gone think we are running low enough on defenders .

Ya its an area I reckon we will have problems with sooner rather than later.

Losing lads there I don't think we can necessarily replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Cian o Sullivan has retired! Only heard from Kilkenny the other day he was ready and set for the championship so surprised about that!

He said the same about cluxton.

I wonder!!

• Advertisement

Ciaran killkenny made I thought a fairly broad mild enough comment about players coming back with no names it was the rte guy mentioned names . Still seems Cluxton will be back though heard nothing else will know soon enough for sure .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭MFPM

Interesting comments from Ciaran Whelan on the Sunday Game - apparently Cluxton played for Parnells last night and he was saying that was unusual with a game next week and he didn't expect Cluxton to play against Wexford. If Cluxton has retired I think it would just be announced there's no need to keep it back there's no advantage to be gained really. Perhaps he played last night to get a bit of game time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭eire4

MFPM wrote: »
    Interesting comments from Ciaran Whelan on the Sunday Game - apparently Cluxton played for Parnells last night and he was saying that was unusual with a game next week and he didn't expect Cluxton to play against Wexford. If Cluxton has retired I think it would just be announced there's no need to keep it back there's no advantage to be gained really. Perhaps he played last night to get a bit of game time?

I think we would have already heard a public announcement if he was going to retire. Probably as you say looking to get some match sharpness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Has McManamon retired or is he still on the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

200 fans next weekend any idea on ticket situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭eire4

mystic86 wrote: »
    Has McManamon retired or is he still on the panel?

Thought I saw last week he was still in but could be wrong not 100% sure.

Kevin mc has some involvement with boxing according to another forum so with little game time likely may step away .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Gael85

Kevin mc has some involvement with boxing according to another forum so with little game time likely may step away .

Correct. I think Kevin will be next to announce retirement.

Is the Wexford match in the football only on GAAGO this weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,782 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Is the Wexford match in the football only on GAAGO this weekend?

You are correct. According to this it is not shown on terrestrial tv only on GAAGO.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/gaa-football/7213273/dublin-wexford-leinster-football-championship/

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Advertisement