Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

You are correct. According to this it is not shown on terrestrial tv only on GAAGO.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/gaa-football/7213273/dublin-wexford-leinster-football-championship/

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭ellinguistico

The 2 Leinster Football Semi-Finals are only on GAAGO too it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

The 2 Leinster Football Semi-Finals are only on GAAGO too it seems.[/quot

Clearly the lack of competition in lenister means tv stations doesn't care about it until the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,782 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

A bit annoying for those who do not have SKY SPORTS ARENA - that is where the Dublin v Galway hurling match is on.

I was looking forwards to that. Now I have to scratch around looking for 'alternative' ways to view it online.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

A bit annoying for those who do not have SKY SPORTS ARENA - that is where the Dublin v Galway hurling match is on.

I was looking forwards to that. Now I have to scratch around looking for 'alternative' ways to view it online.

If you know someone with a sky sports subscription, you could ask them for the email and password for their account, download SkyGo to a laptop and watch that way. Connect laptop to telly with HDMI cable and you're all set.

A friend kindly gave me his details last year and I've been using it since, even watched a few box sets over winter :pac:

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/DubGAAOfficial/status/1411278553413529601

Dublin 0-4-0-1 up at first water break. Joe Canning could have had a few goals.

Dublin 0-8 to 0-6 up HT. Overall playing better than Galway I think. The Tribesman look a bit disjointed a lot of fumbling of the sliotar going on.

Dublin 1-14 to 1-10 up - second water break. Crummy with Dublin's goal. Playing great.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭conor05

Some very good hurlers on that Dublin team.

Burke & Sutcliffe brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Fair play Dublin delighted to see you win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Great win for the hurlers nice to put the critics like myself back in the box just hope we play to our best next day and you never know .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ah yes. Can't complain about that at all, well done to all involved.

Can't believe it I am in shock. So few wides from Dublin and so many wides from Galway. Lots of fight and energy from Dublin as well. Fantastic.

I would have Nolan as MOM 4/5 great saves and that long range score.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Great display. Dominated the game. As they say you can only beat what’s put in front of you. Jesus Christ Galway Bay FM did as much whinging as the Galway sideline in Croker. Twould be great to see them take their beating. Some shower.

Dyr wrote: »
    Of course I don't get to watch this because the GAA are a shower of greedy cnuts

It all goes back into grassroots! And means fewer ticket hikes. :D

I too did not have SKY but sought alternatives. Streamed it to the telly and all.

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Great display. Dominated the game. As they say you can only beat what’s put in front of you. Jesus Christ Galway Bay FM did as much whinging as the Galway sideline in Croker. Twould be great to see them take their beating. Some shower.

I am sorry I did not listen to Galway Bay they are normally gas. I love that parachoical stuff.

I am sorry I did not listen to Galway Bay they are normally gas. I love that parachoical stuff.

They would moan for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

It all goes back into grassroots! And means fewer ticket hikes. :D

I too did not have SKY but sought alternatives. Streamed it to the telly and all.

Could you PM me about how you did this. I've had lads onto me asking for a way to watch after sending them pics but SkyGo only allows 2 devices to use the account at the same time and that was me and the guy who pays for it lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

The drawn league game in Salthill in 2018 was hilarious

see the team named for tomorrow no deano or cluxton would like to see the subs named just to see who is available but should be strong enough to make it through .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭spakman

see the team named for tomorrow no deano or cluxton would like to see the subs named just to see who is available but should be strong enough to make it through .

Ye could play without a goalkeeper at all tomorrow and it would be strong enough to make it through

spakman wrote: »
    Ye could play without a goalkeeper at all tomorrow and it would be strong enough to make it through

Cheers for your confidence. I’d still like to have one in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Anyone know the free count today? Didn't feel like we got the rub at all. Ref seemed to be offering encouragement to them with every whistle.

Great performance. Very few wides, forced Galway into lots of mistakes and we never shot ourselves in the foot with stupid decision making.

I stayed on to watch Wexford V Kilkenny and i was blown away by the workrate of the Kilkenny lads. They never stop. We'll find it hard to match that but i'm hoping that bit of confidence will help us up it again.

hopefully we will turn up against the cats and play to our best that is i want to see will be up against it but at least if we do fall short the team will have given it their best shot .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭MfMan

hopefully we will turn up against the cats and play to our best that is i want to see will be up against it but at least if we do fall short the team will have given it their best shot .

Well done on a good win. As a Galway man, it's not a huge shock because I felt Dublin, every bit as physical as Limerick, would have the edge on conditioning. I didn't expect our forwards to have such a collective off-day, but c'est la vie.

Can I just say fair play to Dublin hurler James Madden, togging out just a day after his father's funeral. Huge kudos to him, has my 110% plus support. Not only has he made his father Noel above in the heavens proud but all his family and club also. Classy stuff indeed.

MfMan wrote: »
    Well done on a good win. As a Galway man, it's not a huge shock because I felt Dublin, every bit as physical as Limerick, would have the edge on conditioning. I didn't expect our forwards to have such a collective off-day, but c'est la vie.

Conditioning. I would also include will to win, heart, commitment, application, discipline. Saying conditioning is being disingenuous to that group of players.

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Conditioning. I would also include will to win, heart, commitment, application, discipline. Saying conditioning is being disingenuous to that group of players.

Galway looked like they had no conditioning at all or whatever you call it. It made Dublin look like they were superhuman in comparison.

My theory is there was a Supermac's 'snackbox challenge' on the Galway team bus on the way up :D

Going to be some good ties in the hurling back door by the looks of things plenty of big fish in the pool yet .

• Advertisement

Going to be some good ties in the hurling back door by the looks of things plenty of big fish in the pool yet .

Ah an upset is great, puts a bit of life into the whole thing. Even better that it is the Dubs.

Happy head on me all say since that win. And the excuses from the Galway cousins may it even nicer. Galway were too cocky was the latest one! :D

Advertisement