Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

MFPM wrote: »
    The spread is apparently 24-25 points...

Won't be getting near that based on first half ha.

In fairness we don't need to win by twenty points but we where losing for nearly half of the those 35 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Won't be getting near that based on first half a year ha.

In fairness we don't need to win by twenty points but we where losing for nearly half of the those 35 minutes.

Exactly, no injuries more important

Wexford are muck if we go up a level here we can blow them away with ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,782 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Dublin up 0-9 0-4 now with about 50 minutes gone.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Wexford are muck if we go up a level here we can blow them away with ease.

So comfortable here

No need to blow them away

• Advertisement

So comfortable here

No need to play basketball either. Ya there playing everyone back Wexford but 53 minutes in and only 11 points against a team like this is just not good enough no matter how you look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭MFPM

So comfortable here

No fear of that based on the performance so far. It's not about the winning margin but the performance is not unimportant against arguably the 3/4th worst team in the country.

Good to see Dean on! Needs to be starting the next day.

No fear of that based on the performance so far. It's not about the winning margin but the performance is not unimportant against arguably the 3/4th worst team in the country.

I'm not saying its good, or I am not somewhat worried about year

But it's not the first time we have had a game like this in Leinster

Dublin 0-15 0-7 up with a few minutes to go. Wexford will be delighted overall. Dessie will no doubt go on the ‘things to work on’ line

• Advertisement

Good to see Dean on! Needs to be starting the next day.

I am starting to wonder if Dublin are starting to be a bit too dependant on him? Against div1 sides it could be a surprising struggle if he ever gets injured?

Terrible performance...no score from Con or Kilkenny.

The only positive I can see from this is Dean Rock is back. We know the level of Leinster we know what where up against so today just wasn't good enough full stop.

I hope it's just a bad day and the performance improves next day out but ya the Kerrys and Mayos will be delighted with that today if it's how we're gonna perform going forward. It better bloody not be.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

We're just trying to lull Kerry into a false sense of security.:D

I'm not saying its good, or I am not somewhat worried about year

But it's not the first time we have had a game like this in Leinster

I don't remember us ever playing that badly for the vast majority of the game against a team like that.

There's a serious lack of urgency far to much keep ball and waiting for the perfect opportunity.

Its Wexford ffs just go at them a bit you can be bloody well sure our rivals would of hammered them today.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    We're just trying to lull Kerry into a false sense of security.:D

At one stage I was thinking few bounces of a ball, if Dublin get caught cold etc. And those Wexford lads would never have to buy a pint again in their lives!

I don't remember us ever playing that badly for the vast majority of the game against a team like that.

There's a serious lack of urgency far to much keep ball and waiting for the perfect opportunity.

Its Wexford ffs just go at them a bit you can be bloody well sure our rivals would of hammered them today.

Westmeath last year was very very dull as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭rolling boh

got through as expected but the overall performance very poor a few of the lads just not at the level that we will need to win out i feel no surprise in that as we have been truely spoilt with some really outstanding players in the last few years .Anyway on to the next day and i hope a serious improvement in our play next day .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Dessie Out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Smallest margin of victory for ye in a Leinster championship game sense 2012.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Smallest margin of victory for ye in a Leinster championship game sense 2012.

That should please everyone. Gap closing. Very poor game with Howard the only standout player on display. Dublins injury list growing by the game. It’s the most open AI in years.

One just to get out of the way and job done. Only matters what way they are for the semis and final.

Glad Wexford were let keep the final score close though, only shows up Galvin as even bigger spoofer.

So Cluxton has asked for time away. Hard to see him back, I don't get the impression he's the type to just waltz back in.

So Cluxton has asked for time away. Hard to see him back, I don't get the impression he's the type to just waltz back in.

Where did ya hear that?

Sunday Sport on RTE had short interview with Farrell. He said he hasn't retired but wanted time away.

Cluxton steps away. Dessie confirms. He’s nearly forty, what a servant. He’s left us in good stead mentoring Evan.

Evan is doing very well obviously no one touchs the level of Cluxton atm but I don't think it will cost us as much as some of the other departures will.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

ArielAtom wrote: »
    That should please everyone. Gap closing. Very poor game with Howard the only standout player on display. Dublins injury list growing by the game. It’s the most open AI in years.

I honestly couldn’t agree less

Wexford only scored 7 points over 74 minutes in Wexford , it’s not like Dublin just held on at the end in croke park .

Dublin will still canter to the AI

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭rolling boh

thought the draw was to morrow but see we are down to play meath

• Advertisement

I honestly couldn’t agree less

Wexford only scored 7 points over 74 minutes in Wexford , it’s not like Dublin just held on at the end in croke park .

Dublin will still canter to the AI

I suppose most won’t be happy until Dublin are on the other end of a hiding.

Advertisement