Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't retune to new Saorview frequencies....

• 01-03-2020 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Normally watch via Sky box but the storms have screwed up the dish so am currently stuck with terrestrial. Noticed that I can't get any TV guide info just a Viewer Advisory message. The Info button tells me to retune before 3 March 2020 or I will lose my channels. Have repeatedly returned but makes no difference.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,708 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Put in your eircode here -
    https://www.saorview.ie/en/changes

Are you currently using an indoor or outdoor aerial?
    An aerial upgrade might be required.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Psybear

Thanks for that. Checked the site and I am definitely in an affected area.

I have an outdoor aerial but it's not the issue as I've since managed to retune my other TV (a Sony Bravia) with no bother - guide is working properly.

Problem TV is a Panasonic. Not a Smart TV but pretty modern, maybe 4 years old. And RTE is showing with HD logo on screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭pegasuspub

panasonics were normally
    press menu,goto set up,go to tuning menu,or dvbt tuning
    select auto setup and ok,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,233 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I'm having same issue and retuning did nothing.

Panasonic TV aswell.

Advisory just keeps coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cockronin

Had the same problem and solved it by doin a manual retune and selecting the new channel numbers only

• Advertisement

cockronin wrote: »
    Had the same problem and solved it by doin a manual retune and selecting the new channel numbers only

Any brief "how to"?

Never did it manually....

Thought that I might have solved this by doing a complete factory reset and then retuning (having selected Ireland when presented with Ireland and UK setup options). Full rescan and I'm back where I started with Viewer Advisory messages all over the guide.

Sooner I get my Sky dish sorted the better as it looks like I'm losing everything else in two days.

Actually forgot to mention it only affects some channels (1 & 4 but not others?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cockronin

pjohnson wrote: »
    Any brief "how to"?

Never did it manually....

I'm not familiar with the Panasonic menu, as my problem was with a Nordmende and a Walker box The first thing you need to find out is which transmitter you are on and the new channel no's...you can find your transmitter on the Saorview website .... then go to the Saorview frequencies reshuffle thread on here where in the very first post TAFKAlawhec provides a list of transmitters with current and new channel No's, then on your TV menu there should be an option to select manual tune, select Digital then the first channel no press ok and when itis finished repeat with with second channel No when thats finished ok again and you should be good to go.

cockronin wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with the Panasonic menu, as my problem was with a Nordmende and a Walker box The first thing you need to find out is which transmitter you are on and the new channel no's...you can find your transmitter on the Saorview website .... then go to the Saorview frequencies reshuffle thread on here where in the very first post TAFKAlawhec provides a list of transmitters with current and new channel No's, then on your TV menu there should be an option to select manual tune, select Digital then the first channel no press ok and when itis finished repeat with with second channel No when thats finished ok again and you should be good to go.

Many thanks for this. Eventually got it sorted following your advice. Found my two new channel numbers and used them in the manual tuning set up option. All now seems to be sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭MACHEAD

2RN have purposely with held epg info on the existing frequencies in order to encourage viewers to re-tune.

As always, the best laid plans etc. Not all tuners can discriminate between the old and the new transponders. The best approach as mentioned in the thread is to find the UHF channel No's of your local Tx, and only scan those frequencies via a manual scan.

Post 4th March however, the old frequencies will be gone, and a simple auto tune should work again.

Advertisement